Telescoping Sun Visors

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Vibramatic

Telescoping Sun Visors

Post by Vibramatic »

Does anyone know if other Toyota telescoping sun visors will fit the Vibe? Another Forum suggested possibly '09 tc sun visors might fit. You'd think with four grab handles installed, they could have popped for 2 sliding sun visors to cover that 2-3 inch gap they leave...if someone could come up with a good one there are a number of inquiries up on the web looking for this product and the sliding plastic junk doesn't really cut it... Thanks
2010 Vibe GT
09vGT

Re: Telescoping Sun Visors (Vibramatic)

Post by 09vGT »

2 to 3 inch gap? I wish. LOL! Its more like a foot! I would like to know this too.
keithvibe

Re: Telescoping Sun Visors (Vibramatic)

Post by keithvibe »

what year?Some year vibes did come with them. Those with out side curtain air bags usually have them.I have them
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Bastranz

Post by Bastranz »

If i remember correctly, didn't Vibes from at least 2005 to 2008 have them? The 2003 I have certainly doesn't much to my disdain.
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
09vGT

Re: Telescoping Sun Visors (keithvibe)

Post by 09vGT »

Could you take measurements of them for me? And also take some pics of the screws that hold them in so I can see the pattern. If they would fit, I would highly consider buying some for my car.
MotoAce51

Re: Telescoping Sun Visors (09vGT)

Post by MotoAce51 »

My 04 has them. At first I thought they didnt pull out but my wife showed me they did...
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
Vibramatic

Post by Vibramatic »

How did she know they pulled out? I'll try a little harder to pull on them if that's the case...It would seem on the GT they'd be standard...Thanks
2010 Vibe GT
Vibramatic

Re: (Vibramatic)

Post by Vibramatic »

This is a big favor, but because i don't want to ask for your VIN, could you call your GM dealer's parts dept and give them your VIN, say your visor has broken and what do you have to do to order one and see if you can get a part #? I have been on the parts sites and can't find a specific mention of a telescoping one to fit my 2010 Thanks
2010 Vibe GT
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

OH yeah. I see another upcoming winter mod in the works for us 09-10 Vibes. I've never sen the telescoping feature but instead, the slide out extenders which I prefer. Especially if you're traveling down a winding road where you'd be continuously moving the visor in & out. Other features I'd incorporate would be LED lighting (especially for the ladies) to compliment the mirror, and several sewn in pockets for business cards, credit cards, memos, etc. maybe also some pen/pencil slots to hold them in. The possibilities are endless. I'm going to be busy this winter
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
leemur

Post by leemur »

My 04 moon and tunes has the telescoping but...the attachments seem different than the 09's. The 09's have the screws covered up. The 09 visors are completely worthless as a side visor. Rediculous to even have them swivel.
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
vibenvy

Re: (leemur)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by leemur »The 09 visors are completely worthless as a side visor. Rediculous to even have them swivel.I couldn't agree more. I very rarely put them toward the windshield to block the sun, but I typically don't use them at all because they suck :thumbdown;. By far the worst visors of any vehicle I've owned.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
djkeev

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by djkeev »

Quote from the 07 owners manual....."Sun VisorsTo block out glare, swing down the sun visors.You can also swing them to the side.The visors can be slid along the rod for extendedcoverage for the side windows unless yourvehicle has roof-mounted side impact airbags."dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Vibramatic

Post by Vibramatic »

So if part of the visor hits your head when an air bag goes off, that's ok....but not the full visor???? That's typical GM thinking...
2010 Vibe GT
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by Vibramatic »How did she know they pulled out? I'll try a little harder to pull on them if that's the case...It would seem on the GT they'd be standard...Thanksmy 05 gt has them
jkm311

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by jkm311 »

My '06 base has them, and I'm glad, but does *any* body else hate how short they are? As in, vertically, when pulled down in front of you? My wife begs for her Malibu Maxx visors when we're in my Vibe. We affectionately call hers "Trapper Keepers" because compared to the Vibe, they are huge. I'll even admit the sun gets in my eyes in the couple hours right before sun down, and I'm 5'10" with the seat height up as far as it can go.Is there a third-party size upgrade to these that I am not aware off? An extension to the bottom? The roof line will allow it to clear when flipped back up. I need my own Trapper Keepers...
Steelies to the rescue.
Vibramatic

Post by Vibramatic »

Would you take a picture of how your visor is mounted and post it? Trying to get info out parts departments is like pulling teeth....I have a part # 889 745 86 that I believe is good but can't get a verify from a dealer....BIG THANK YOU
2010 Vibe GT
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

*casts Raise on this thread* I'd like to upgrade my visors to nice telescoping ones with lights!! Does anyone know of some that would fit an 03 base? o.o;
My lovely Gambit.
Nniuq1979

Re: Telescoping Sun Visors

Post by Nniuq1979 »

I see this post is a few years old, but I am experiencing this problem, did anyone who has a gen 2 vibe ever figure out a solution to the inadequate length of the visors for the side windows? I.E. do the gen 1 visors fit or is there some other Toyota model that has ones that would fit?