Another Vibe owner passing the torch

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
audiovibe

Another Vibe owner passing the torch

Post by audiovibe »

Well all, my time has come to an end at Genvibe as I will be letting the Vibe go in a few days. The car has been great from day one when the wife brought it home, and I hope that it give the same luck to the new owners. Whoever they may be. I've had some great times with the Vibe, but it is time for that next chapter in my book of life.I have met a lot of great people from Genvibe at various meets around the mid-west. Genvibe is by far the best automotive forum on the net, the members make it that way, the members here are the reason I will still lurk around from time to time and answer what ever questions I can.The new princess will be a 2010 Dodge Ram Sport Quad Cab 4x4 (That is a mouthful) I should take delivery on Thursday. Everything is set in the deal, we are just waiting on certification to come back so I can have the CPO warranty. I will post up some pics after I pick it up. Not quite sure what mods I will do to it if any at all, but I am sure it will be a fun ride. In closing I just want to say how happy I am to be part of this group and hope the guys on the dodge forums are as great as y'all.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
star_deceiver

Re: Another Vibe owner passing the torch (audiovibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Sorry to see your Vibe go! But be sure to pop back in from time to time! And, of course, we want to see all the pics of all the things you'll do to that truck!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

So long, mate! It was a great Vibe. I'll keep an eye open for you out in cyberspace!
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Sad to see the audiovibe go Thanks for all of the speaker tips over the past year or so. Post pics of the new ride once you get it! You'll have a lot more room for subs in that beast
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Leave all sorts of "subliminal messages" all over the Vibe when you sell/trade it in. This way the next owner will likely join and keep the Vibe with us great company Keep in touch
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

You're one of the classiest guys I've met, Aron. And your Vibe was always in my top 5. I'm glad I got to see it in person. Have fun with the new ride.
Steelies to the rescue.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Genvibe is by far the best automotive forum on the net, the members make it that way, ...In closing I just want to say how happy I am to be part of this group and you are one of those members that make this site what it isWe're happy to have you here, vibe or not
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Congrats on the new ride. Sorry to see you go.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
NascarXprt

Re: Another Vibe owner passing the torch (lovemyraffe)

Post by NascarXprt »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!j/psad to see the vibe go, but a new adventure is about to begin! good luck with that Beast of a Ram.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: Another Vibe owner passing the torch (NascarXprt)

Post by vibenvy »

Really sorry to see the Vibe go Aron, but congratulations on the new ride ! Don't be a stranger !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Good luck with the new ride !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
Kamikaze

Re: Another Vibe owner passing the torch

Post by Kamikaze »

crap, my browser crashed right before I was able to post my nice note....I'll try again, but I'm sure I'll forget stuff...Aron, Just wanted to say it was great meeting you at the MN meets, I always looked forward to talking with you at those meets.I remember buying the rear spoilers at the same time and the fun we had installing them.The Truck will be nice. God I could use one, but since I just bought a different Harley the wife would kill me if I even thought about it....anyway, congrats on the new ride, it's just the way things roll, very rarley do we continue to buy a newer version of the same car, year after year (yeah kindof cant do that with the vibe anyway) so its always nice to get something new and different.don't be a stranger.Brent
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Thanks everyone! I just got home from picking up the truck, I was supposed to get it yesterday but they never got through the whole certified inspection.I love this truck there is a TON of space and storage. I am not sure what I will do the the truck in terms of mods, probably just a small audio system nothing to big.I do plan on sticking around the site for some time, I might even make a local meet if I can.I will post up some pics tomorrow.Brent I know what you mean by murderous wives, I was given the opportunity by my wife to buy a bike a couple years ago. I dilly dallied around to much deciding between a Black denim Nightster (just like yours) and a Black Denim Streetbob. They both had what I wanted. took me 2 months to decide, when I was just starting the deal the wife pulled the plug and decided she wanted a new house. Now every time I bring up a bike I need to make sure she don't have a frying pan handy, but now I have to wait 4 years for a bike anyway. In the end I will win:)
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Some pics of the new truck
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

A local meet? Crap, we'll have to have one of those. I'd love to try to have people over in September, we have a lot of parking and people can also hang out in our place and we can grill.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
jkm311

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by jkm311 »

Damn it, that's a nice truck. I've always been a Chevy guy, but there's no denying how nice that Ram is.Nice composition/conditions, too.
Steelies to the rescue.
star_deceiver

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Nice truck!!! Box is way too short but the colour works!Now....... Go Get It Dirty!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Some pics of the new truckGorgeous truck Aron ! I love the color!Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »A local meet? Crap, we'll have to have one of those. I'd love to try to have people over in September, we have a lot of parking and people can also hang out in our place and we can grill.I was just contemplating making a post to see if anyone was interested in a fall meet. I'm down for something for sure!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Thanks allJohn I was originally looking for a Silverado/Sierra, but I had to have a conventional center console, not the fold down middle seat. The Ram I saw the day after they took it in on trade and it caught my eye (I'm not a big fan of blue cars and the wife hates blue cars) but we both love the hue of the blue on the truck. The 11th day they had the truck I stopped up to look at one of the only 5 GM trucks available within 100 miles of my house with low miles and certified used, they still had the Ram, so I had to take it for a ride. The thing feels great and rides like a Caddy with the 5 link independent rear suspension. I was pretty much resold on the Mopar brands from there, and the fact I stole the truck from the dealership.I was contemplating getting another standard cab truck with the 8ft box, but everyone I know with a truck has the 6ft box and never had any problems, so I decided I would give it a shot. I did look at a crew cab and the box size was what I hated about it only 5.5' cant really do much with it.Im still down for a meet!and a side note is it wrong that between test drives and ownership I have put 200 miles on the truck and averaged 19 MPG? (80% town)
TONY TAT2

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Dodge of the CORN !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
Kamikaze

Re: (TONY TAT2)

Post by Kamikaze »

wow, truck looks very nice (great pics!)19mpg? that's about what I get in town with my vibe in the winter...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
ramenboy...

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by ramenboy... »

Nice new truck Aron! Sad to see the vibe go, but hey, life goes on.Keep posting on here whenever you can. Still part of the family, dude
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
tpollauf

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I was just contemplating making a post to see if anyone was interested in a fall meet. I'm down for something for sure![/QUOTE]Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »A local meet? Crap, we'll have to have one of those. I'd love to try to have people over in September, we have a lot of parking and people can also hang out in our place and we can grill.To Michelle & Carrie. YES, try to plan some sort of mini-meet in the Chi-town area during September/October. I'm in for it and want to finish the install to Michelle's third brake light
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"