R,I,P. - Viki - My 2005 Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
houseofbugs

R,I,P. - Viki - My 2005 Vibe

Post by houseofbugs »

Sorry for the delay but after getting all the insurance stuff figured out I didn't want to make anything public but it's all done now.On July 4th around 2:30pm I was coming back from town up in MI heading back into camp. The roads in the BSA camp are packed sand and aren't very good. I was coming around a small turn when my front wheel hit a soft spot on the road and ended up being a rut. Despite steering the other way and braking as good as I could my car slid into 2 trees off the side of the road at about 15mph. My brothers (2) and one of their girlfriends were in the car along with all our camp equipment.The front end was pretty badly damaged and both front airbags deployed. No one was hurt (I had a very small burn on my arm from the airbag). The car started right up despite a cracked radiator and the belt being snapped off. It was totaled that following Friday.I just wanted to say that I am going to miss it quite a bit and figured I would share with everyone. I do have a few parts that I would like to sell and I will be creating a thread for that in the For Sale section. Insurance found that it wasn't my fault and on the bright side I got a good amount for it. Pictures of the car: Accident pictures:
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Outch ! Sorry for your loss.On the bright side, aside from the Vibe everyone is alright !Do you already know what kind of car will take the Vibe's place ?
hapagan

Post by hapagan »

sorry to hear about your loss man. hope u can find a fitting replacement for the vibe.
04 Pontiac Vibe Gray, M+T package Custom Front Bumper Paint5% window tint everywhere except three front windows 12" Pioneer IMPP subPro bend bandpass boxBoss 1600w 4Ch amp6, 6.5 Infinity Kappa 62.9i 450w each
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

That sucks! Glad to hear everyone is OK though.
Cruxless

Re: R,I,P. - Viki - My 2005 Vibe (houseofbugs)

Post by Cruxless »

Damn that sucks. So are you planning a part out?
Bastranz

Post by Bastranz »

(removed) that's terrible, but I'm glad everyone is ok. Looking at the picture with the deployed airbag...did it just pop out from behind the Pontiac logo and such?
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I posted a thread of what I have to sell.As for the replacement I am the proud owner of a 2010 HHR SS/T.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Sorry about Viki. Glad you are ok.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

Sorry for your loss.
10 Vibe 1.8l, Manual, Red hot metallic (current)07 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew cab (current)03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8l - 85 Merc Grand Marquis (cruise, tilt, bench)93 Grand AM Se 3.3l - 93 Geo Metro 1l87 GMC 1500 454 big block 85 Grand AM SE 6 cyl81 Celica GT - 76 Impala convertible hard top71 Gran Torino
hapagan

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by hapagan »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I posted a thread of what I have to sell.As for the replacement I am the proud owner of a 2010 HHR SS/T. Love it man. nice replacement...enjoy it.
04 Pontiac Vibe Gray, M+T package Custom Front Bumper Paint5% window tint everywhere except three front windows 12" Pioneer IMPP subPro bend bandpass boxBoss 1600w 4Ch amp6, 6.5 Infinity Kappa 62.9i 450w each
pianomansam

Post by pianomansam »

Sorry to hear!
2003 Two-tone White Vibe GT 6-speedSeveral other cars2005 Two-tone Neptune Vibe Auto (sold)
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Sad to hear this but good job landing on your feet with the HHR!Back in Black!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Sorry to hear about your Vibe and glad everyone is ok, but 15 mph and all that damage? Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »Sorry for the delay but after getting all the insurance stuff figured out I didn't want to make anything public but it's all done now.On July 4th around 2:30pm I was coming back from town up in MI heading back into camp. The roads in the BSA camp are packed sand and aren't very good. I was coming around a small turn when my front wheel hit a soft spot on the road and ended up being a rut. Despite steering the other way and braking as good as I could my car slid into 2 trees off the side of the road at about 15mph. My brothers (2) and one of their girlfriends were in the car along with all our camp equipment.The front end was pretty badly damaged and both front airbags deployed. No one was hurt (I had a very small burn on my arm from the airbag). The car started right up despite a cracked radiator and the belt being snapped off. It was totaled that following Friday.I just wanted to say that I am going to miss it quite a bit and figured I would share with everyone. I do have a few parts that I would like to sell and I will be creating a thread for that in the For Sale section. Insurance found that it wasn't my fault and on the bright side I got a good amount for it. Pictures of the car: Accident pictures:
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
houseofbugs

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Sorry to hear about your Vibe and glad everyone is ok, but 15 mph and all that damage? Yeah they pulled the info from the sensors and it registered at right about 15.8mph when they calculated it. My insurance company said that the Vibes get totaled most of the time in front end collisions.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

As I said on FB Tim, so sorry to hear about the Vibe . Nice job on snagging an HHR SS/T though !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Was the funeral for the Vibe?
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

sorry to hear, glad you were able to get a nice replacement vehicle though!as far as the front end damage you have to remember the whole front end is basically plastic besides the fender/hood/front cross frame so I pretty much figured a 15mph crash might have that impact unfortunately, Ive already backed into another vehicle in my driveway at home and fortunately the rear bumper is more reinforced which resulted in no visible damage as far as I can tellI miss Boy Scout camping lolfigured id ask even tho I saw your other post about items for sale, is it possibly you can get the two front nose grille pieces? (honeycombs) if they are undamaged? I was going to try a lil experiment with custom painting
jkm311

Re: (jake75)

Post by jkm311 »

This post made me very, very sad, Tim. Actually seeing your ride in person is what makes this tough. You put a lot of work into your Vibe, and I am sorry it's gone. I started to wonder why I hadn't seen you on here as much. On the other hand: sexy new wheels.
Steelies to the rescue.
CAMOGIRL

Re: (jkm311)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Ouch! Sorry to hear but glad everyone was safe, I wasnt sure I wanted to scroll down!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Sad to see her go. You Vibe was actually something like what I want to go for. It was a great looking car with much good history behind it. So long, Viki! At least your quest for more power is over! How's the HHR SS compare to the Vibe?
knightrace

Post by knightrace »

man, sorry to hear about your loss.
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Tim, sucks to hear about the Vibe, but glad everyone is ok. Great choice on the replacement car!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Geez, sorry about your car Tim. Glad you and everyone else are OK. The new ride looks very nice. Guessing it's a bit faster than Ole Viki eh?
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Sorry Tim. Being on so many car forums, this is the saddest form of thread I see.Viki was a nice one. 'Sorry for your loss.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Thanks for all the compliments and condolences.For those wondering the insurance company owns the car now. The only thing I have is what is in my for sale thread.As for the HHR SS despite the gas mileage being a bit lower (21/29) I LOVE it. Driving that car compared to the Vibe is like night and day. While I like the Vibe ride quality and the cabin noise is much better on the HHR. It's also nice having a car that you don't have to do much do (unless you're like me and can't have anything stock. ).I will still try to keep up with these forums and I would love to come out to some of the meets when they happen.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

The HHR is like the PT Cruiser - some love the look, and some hate it. Very little in between. Personally I like the look and might have bought one instead of my '09 Vibe but I was concerned about long term mechanical quality, gas mileage and being able to see out of it. Then the fire sale price I got on the new Vibe made the Vibe choice a no brainer.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »The HHR is like the PT Cruiser - some love the look, and some hate it. Very little in between. Personally I like the look and might have bought one instead of my '09 Vibe but I was concerned about long term mechanical quality, gas mileage and being able to see out of it. Then the fire sale price I got on the new Vibe made the Vibe choice a no brainer.I was considering an HHR SS/T at one time, but having to use premium fuel steered me away from it, not to mention I could get myself into enough trouble in the Vibe, let alone if I had a turboed vehicle .I hope I get to see the HHR SS/T someday Tim. Any chance you're going to have your buddy in Geneva do a windshield strip on it? If so, let me know and if he's willing, I could meet up with you and have him do one on the Vibe too.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

From one Tim to another Tim. Bummer about your Vibe. YES, make plans to attend "whatever & whenever" we can round up enough of us to hold another meet I'm sure there are plenty of mods you COULD do to the HHR Let you imagination run wild and start modding ........................ again
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Sorry viki had to go, Tim. But nice new whip!Once the weather gets sorted out, will get some riding in. Still got the bike, too, right?
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Sorry to hear about the accident,good luck with the HHR
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Sucks that it's gone!Can't say that I like the HHR but you've got the power under the hood so keep that right pedal to the floor!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »From one Tim to another Tim. Bummer about your Vibe. YES, make plans to attend "whatever & whenever" we can round up enough of us to hold another meet I'm sure there are plenty of mods you COULD do to the HHR Let you imagination run wild and start modding ........................ again It's quite weird going from a car that they make almost nothing for to something that there are ton's of things for (looks and performance). I am just doing a few little things and the performance will come too. I want to keep it as stock looking as I can. It's a great sleeper. Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »Sorry viki had to go, Tim. But nice new whip!Once the weather gets sorted out, will get some riding in. Still got the bike, too, right? Thanks Jerry! Yes I still have the bike. I am taking the MSF in a few weeks.