Letter from the dealership

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
morbay

Letter from the dealership

Post by morbay »

I flyer from the dealership with a hand written sticky note stuck to it from one of their salesmen, that stated he had a customer interested in a Vibe just like mine and I was to call him. Don't think I will though, not ready for a new vehicle, plus I like my Vibe too much. Anybody else ever get anything like this?
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
Sputnik

Re: Letter from the dealership (morbay)

Post by Sputnik »

I get them from real estate agents with buyers who want to buy my house (or one in my neighbourhood) but not from car dealers.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
808 Vibes

Re: Letter from the dealership (Sputnik)

Post by 808 Vibes »

He's LYING! He just wants to try to sell you a *GULP* Buick!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
morbay

Re: Letter from the dealership (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »He's LYING! He just wants to try to sell you a *GULP* Buick! Arrrgh, oh no a Buick! LOL, that could be. However he won't be selling me anything.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
bassplayaz06

Post by bassplayaz06 »

now if they had a 1987 Buick Grand National or GNX in the back, then heck yes i'd do it.
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
jake75

Post by jake75 »

I get these mailings where they say they will give me $1,000 over "fair KKB trade-in value." I suspect most people do not realize that "fair" is a KBB definition that describes a car just better than "poor" condition. It is really not a fair offer for most people who take reasonable care of their cars.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

I've gotten phone calls trying to convince me to trade in (actually, multiple annoying calls) but never anything in writing. Don't do it!
morbay

Re: Letter from the dealership (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »I've gotten phone calls trying to convince me to trade in (actually, multiple annoying calls) but never anything in writing. Don't do it! Nope, I have no plans to. I like the Vibe too much. I had just never encountered anything like this before.
morbay

Post by morbay »

The wife just got a 2010 Flex, I'll have to throw up pictures when I can take a moment to take some of the car.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I've gotten a few things in the mail from a couple different dealers saying they wanted to buy my former Sunfire Sedan because they were in need of such cars, blah blah blah. Too bad when I received these, I had already traded in the Sunfire Sedan for the Vibe . It's just another dealer gimmick to get people to trade their cars in on a new vehicle. They would still screw you over on your trade in and then you'd have a whole new car payment. As everyone else has said... definitely not worth it.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
zionzr2

Re: Letter from the dealership (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by zionzr2 »

the only way they would get me to even consider showing up at the dealer with one of those letters is if they would give me a brand new similar equipped vehicle for an even swap.since I have a better chance of winning the lottery on a ticket i will never buy, I am not holding my breath.
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...isn't BUICK that ugly, nasty-tasting, word you gag and gurgle into the porcelain throne during a "hang-over" (wink,wink)?
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
micbarric

Post by micbarric »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »He's LYING! He just wants to try to sell you a *GULP* Buick! Quote, originally posted by morbay »Arrrgh, oh no a Buick! C'mon now guys, Buicks aren't what they used to be.I would definitely consider owning the new turbocharged Regal with dual exhausts...
2005 Frosty
rAERRK

Re: Letter from the dealership (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I've gotten a few things in the mail from a couple different dealers saying they wanted to buy my former Sunfire Sedan because they were in need of such cars, blah blah blah. Too bad when I received these, I had already traded in the Sunfire Sedan for the Vibe . It's just another dealer gimmick to get people to trade their cars in on a new vehicle. They would still screw you over on your trade in and then you'd have a whole new car payment. As everyone else has said... definitely not worth it.this.my local dealers have gotten really crafty and elaborate with their tactics, so i wouldnt be surprised.
djkeev

Re: Letter from the dealership (micbarric)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by micbarric »C'mon now guys, Buicks aren't what they used to be.I would definitely consider owning the new turbocharged Regal with dual exhausts... I feel the same way about Buick. If I see one pull in front of me on the highway I think "Oh Crap!!! Old fart I'll have to deal with!! (and I'm NOT young!!).I look back on Cadillac and think about how they used to be the car of the Old person. Today, they are often young, and often deeply in debt, younger people.Maybe, just MAYBE Buick can reinvent itself in a similar way?Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
vibolista

Re: Letter from the dealership (djkeev)

Post by vibolista »

The only way that "Buick" can reinvent itself, is to badge these nice Opel Insignias with anything that doesn't spell B-u-i-c-k. Spend a moment at Vauxhall UK (Opel in England, Google Vauxhall Motors UK) and take a look at the Vauxhall Agila... could be the new smaller "Buick" Vibe. Play the 360 Video... see anything inside that looks familiar? This little car will be the Chevy "Sonic" later this year from what I've heard. Not bad looking in Vauxhall trim. Check out the Astra Sports Tourer. Not bad as well, but they (Vauxhall/Opel) are not completely immune from a share of strange looking units.The GM decision to keep Buick is still pretty bizarre to me. True, Buick is a huge hit in China. GM could have kept the Buick name in China, and something else here. The problem with Buick is that it really never had a line of smaller cars like Pontiac, since it was targetted toward the older driver. They shared platforms, but not all of them. Buick didn't get a version of the Vibe/Matrix. Maybe some day? Dealers are just trying to get people to come out to the dealerships. Everyone's hungry for a sale!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
ColonelPanic

Re: Letter from the dealership (jake75)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »I get these mailings where they say they will give me $1,000 over "fair KKB trade-in value." I suspect most people do not realize that "fair" is a KBB definition that describes a car just better than "poor" condition. It is really not a fair offer for most people who take reasonable care of their cars. If your car is a complete lemon and falling apart, maybe the over "fair" would work. I've worked my (removed) off to kept the car looking and running new, I don't want to take "fair" for an answer.I'm getting these mailings at least monthly. In the last month, I've had one from Toyota and two from Hyundai, they desperately want my car. The Hyundai ones come cleverly disguised in a mailer for service coupons. Hey, special deal on maintaining my perfectly good, almost-paid-off car... Oh wait, here's an offer (whopping $1500 over kbb fair!) to ditch the thing, I'll do that instead!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
morbay

Re: Letter from the dealership (ColonelPanic)

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic » If your car is a complete lemon and falling apart, maybe the over "fair" would work. I've worked my (removed) off to kept the car looking and running new, I don't want to take "fair" for an answer.I'm getting these mailings at least monthly. In the last month, I've had one from Toyota and two from Hyundai, they desperately want my car. The Hyundai ones come cleverly disguised in a mailer for service coupons. Hey, special deal on maintaining my perfectly good, almost-paid-off car... Oh wait, here's an offer (whopping $1500 over kbb fair!) to ditch the thing, I'll do that instead! That's the thing, my car is not a lemon. I've gotten these before as well, all the way back to when I had my Nissan Altima. I've just never seen one with a hand written post it note before, it was odd.