hello again

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
joholste

hello again

Post by joholste »

Hey everybody, I know it's been a long time since i've been on...but here i am. I'm currently in my 11th month of 12, happy to be almost home. Although there will not be a frosty little vehicle there waiting for me anymore, I sold that to one of my buddies right before we deployed...I'm now residing in colorado when i'm not in the east. I now own a 2003 Chevy silverado Z71 EXT. Cab. anyways...i'm going to try to start catching up on the happenings around here.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
lovemyraffe

Re: hello again (joholste)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome back and a sincere thank you for your service. What part of Colorado? I'm relocating to the Denver area in May.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
epcIII

Re: hello again (lovemyraffe)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Welcome back and a sincere thank you for your service.
joholste

Re: hello again (epcIII)

Post by joholste »

raffe,I live in Fountain (southern colorado springs) I'm stationed out of Fort Carson.and epcIII I love your signature BTW
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

I wish I could take credit for the sig, but that is all Psycho Martyr's doing. He does an excellent job with them.
joholste

Re: hello again (epcIII)

Post by joholste »

yeah the only building i'm not seeing is the batman building from the nashvile skyline...but cool none the less
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »yeah the only building i'm not seeing is the batman building from the nashvile skyline...but cool none the lessLol. I even heard the local weatherman called it the Batman building earlier this week. Right next to Batman is R2D2:
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »Hey everybody, I know it's been a long time since i've been on...but here i am. I'm currently in my 11th month of 12, happy to be almost home. Although there will not be a frosty little vehicle there waiting for me anymore, I sold that to one of my buddies right before we deployed...I'm now residing in colorado when i'm not in the east. I now own a 2003 Chevy silverado Z71 EXT. Cab. anyways...i'm going to try to start catching up on the happenings around here.Joholste!!! glad to see ya back on the boards again brotha! atleast you know the Frosty is in good hands.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
jkm311

Re: hello again (NascarXprt)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »I'm currently in my 11th month of 12, happy to be almost home.Thank you, thank you, thank you. Quote, originally posted by joholste »Although there will not be a frosty little vehicle there waiting for me anymore, I sold that to one of my buddies right before we deployed... How's it holding up for them? Any word?
Steelies to the rescue.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Welcome back, and thank you for your service!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

hey there, buddy! Glad you're staying safe over there. Spent the first semester of college at Pikes Peak Community while my dad was stationed at Petersen. Been to CO and the Springs several times in life.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

WB & THANKS !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

WB JoeI sent you an email sometime ago asking how you were doing but never got a response. My guess is either the account was deactivated or you were off making life better for the rest of us.I am very happy to hear you are almost done with your ToD and coming back in one piece.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
mac99d

Re: hello again (TONY TAT2)

Post by mac99d »

To funny I just got out of the army and moved to colorado live in widfeild off bradly road. I think when you were in NC I was in GA.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

808 Vibes

Re: hello again (mac99d)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Hi Glad to hear you will be coming home SOON!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Dude, welcome back. And then when you get back stateside, welcome back again. Don't be a stranger.you're still part of the vibe family.And as always, thanx for your service. Semper fi
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
joholste

Post by joholste »

well this is definitely the same old genvibe I remember. Keith, I honestly don't think i got your email. I have a new email address now that I got when I moved to CO because Verizon didn't provide internet in the springs. The little frosty actually lost it's hood. My buddy's wife was driving it down the interstate and the hood pin retainers broke and it flew up, broke of and messed up the roof. but they have since repaired it. I took the lowering springs off it a while ago and when i sold it they didn't want the performance rims and tires so i took those off and sold them. It's almost a stock vibe again ha ha. This deployment has been pretty rough on me not physically, but because of my daughter, i just wanted to be home sooo bad. We use skype about 2 times a week now, and she comes running every time she hears it dialing in, calling daddy daddy all the way. When i came home on mid tour leave the first day she wouldn't let me hold her so we're doing skype more now hopefully she'll not have the same response. I should be back in early Mar. I'm putting in a Warrant Officer Flight packet when i get back, to request to change my job from Infantry to helo pilot. I'm hoping i get picked up and if i do get picked up i wanna fly apaches preferably.