New To The Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ITSRVIBE

New To The Vibe

Post by ITSRVIBE »

Hello everyone!Just found this site and signed up right away, I think this is an excellent way to share information and learn new things!I just bought my 2010 Vibe last week and I LOVE IT!Anyways just thought I'd say hi and post a pic!Anyone else have a 2010 Vibe?
ITSRVIBE2010 Pontiac Vibe1.8L5-spd ManualNavy Blue Metallic
vibenvy

Re: New To The Vibe (ITSRVIBE)

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! on posting a picture right off the bat! There are only a few '10 owners who post on a regular basis around here, but the '09s and '10s are essentially the same and there are plenty of '09 owners who post regularly, including myself, so we can help you out with any questions you may have .Do you have any plans for modifications to your new Vibe?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ITSRVIBE

Re: New To The Vibe (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ITSRVIBE »

I am going to be modifying it sooner and later lolI'll be getting tints soon, with 20% on the front and 5% on the back.Some nice summer wheels are in the future for sure. I'm thinking 18's (currently I only have 16's, makes for a good winter tire size though). but once warranty expires then that's when the fun will start.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by ITSRVIBE »...but once warranty expires then that's when the fun will start. Yeah that's what I said too..... and then look what happened.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
lovemyraffe

Re: New To The Vibe (ponta2147)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome to GenVibe!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
vibenvy

Re: New To The Vibe (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ITSRVIBE »I am going to be modifying it sooner and later lolI'll be getting tints soon, with 20% on the front and 5% on the back.Some nice summer wheels are in the future for sure. I'm thinking 18's (currently I only have 16's, makes for a good winter tire size though). but once warranty expires then that's when the fun will start. Tint is always a great place to start . Sounds like you already have a great plan in mind for what you want to do. I can't wait to see more pictures as you get more done to it.Here are a few more cheap and easy things you may want to consider doing. You may also want to consider adding factory fog lights and/or a GT spoiler. Just a few more ideas for you to think about .Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Yeah that's what I said too..... and then look what happened. That's what we all say !
ITSRVIBE

Post by ITSRVIBE »

Fog lights I am going to do for sure.The spoiler maybe down the road (not a big fan of them on FWD cars)And i would LOVE to add a radar detector, but... it's illegal here in Canada and if caught possibility of license suspended and car impounded. lol for the wheels though I love the GT model wheels.
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

welcome fellow '10 owner!iirc, about 40% of the less than 10,000 '10's ended up in canada, so i'm not surprised to see a rare '10 north of the border.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ITSRVIBE »Fog lights I am going to do for sure.The spoiler maybe down the road (not a big fan of them on FWD cars)And i would LOVE to add a radar detector, but... it's illegal here in Canada and if caught possibility of license suspended and car impounded. lol for the wheels though I love the GT model wheels.Fog lights are a must in my opinion !Yeah, the spoiler is a love or hate thing. I just figured I'd post the info for that because quite a few of the '09-'10 Base owners have added it and it's simple and relatively cheap to do.Wow, I can't imagine not having my radar detector . I have had the same one for 7 years now and have never gotten a speeding ticket, not that I speed big time, but still . That's definitely a hefty price to pay for getting caught having one though. Definitely not really worth it.Unfortunately the GT wheels will not fit your 1.8L Base. The '09-'10 1.8L Bases have a bolt pattern of 5x100 (very common bolt pattern) whereas the '09-'10 2.4L Bases and GTs have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern (not nearly as common). If your Base had the 2.4L you'd be able to use the GT wheels no problem, but unfortunately they won't fit on the 1.8L . Sorry to be the bearer of bad news .
ITSRVIBE

Post by ITSRVIBE »

thanks for the welcome lovemyraffe and zimm-------and that does suck about the wheels but you also gave me very good information. I was trying to find out the bolt pattern for my vibe.. now that I know it will make finding wheels a lot easier! haha (no more multi-fit wheels!)and i think what put me off of the spoilers are these guys: http://www.e90post.com/forums/...42172
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ITSRVIBE »and that does suck about the wheels but you also gave me very good information. I was trying to find out the bolt pattern for my vibe.. now that I know it will make finding wheels a lot easier! haha (no more multi-fit wheels!)and i think what put me off of the spoilers are these guys:I'm glad I could help you with the bolt pattern information . Like I said, 5x100 is a very widely used bolt pattern, so finding wheels you like shouldn't be any problem at all. All older Vibes use that same bolt pattern, as well as Chevy Cavaliers, Pontiac Sunfires, Scion tCs, just to name a few. Plenty of stock wheels in that bolt pattern and even more aftermarket wheels to choose from.I was never a fan of spoilers either (I removed them from my old Sunfires for a cleaner look), however I really think on the Vibe it looks stranger without the GT spoiler. Here's an '09 Base same color as yours with the GT spoiler:If you're interested, more pictures of 1SC's '09 Base can be found here.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

hey heywelcome to the family! why wait for the warranty to end? LET THE M0DDING BEGIN!!!!!!you'll have a blast here
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

welcome to the boards.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
viben03

Post by viben03 »

welcome to the family nice ride wut u have planned im new to kinda still trying to put up pick can anyone help me lol
ITSRVIBE

Re: (viben03)

Post by ITSRVIBE »

thanks guysand that spoiler is not too shabby. I'll keep it in mind for sure!-------and way wait till warranty ends? well... that's when I'll have money again! haha. I'll be doing a few mods here and there (tints, wheels, fog lights, etc..) but nothing too mechanical yet. --------to post a pic, I find it easiest to upload the photo to Imageshack (or something of the sort) and then in the post put:[ i m g ] URL [ / i m g ] *without the spaces**where URL is the direct link to the image
areles

Re: (ITSRVIBE)

Post by areles »

Hi Michael, Welcome to GV! When I was looking for 16" winter wheels, I used http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm
ITSRVIBE

Post by ITSRVIBE »

Thanks arelesand that's a pretty useful site!
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Welcome here.Glad to see another dark blue 09+ Vibe on the board.And thanks Carrie for posting a picture of my Vibe in this thread.
vibenvy

Re: (1SC)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 1SC »And thanks Carrie for posting a picture of my Vibe in this thread. I hope you don't mind Patrick, but it's a perfect example with the color and the GT spoiler and all .
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!! Too bad you live east of Alberta... Radar detectors are perfectly legal here!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ITSRVIBE

Post by ITSRVIBE »

aww that's not fair..... *rents u-haul truck and starts packing*
808 Vibes

Re: New To The Vibe (star_deceiver)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Welcome and congrats on the best color! Now help us out on TEAM NEPTUNE http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=25810
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
tpollauf

Re: New To The Vibe (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to this great site Fog lights absolutely need to be your first mod! This will really dress up the fromt of the Vibe and add safety when driving at night. Any LED mods you have up your sleeve I can assist you with if you're somewhat handy. Nice color also (my 2nd choice if Red was not available). I notice almost all 2010 Vibes have the luggage rack which is an obvious sign of it's year. It was an option on the 2009 Vibes and I've yet to see one on that year. Enjoy the ride for many years to come
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ITSRVIBE

Re: New To The Vibe (tpollauf)

Post by ITSRVIBE »

thanks againand yea i'm thinking of some LED lights in the car (by the floor/pedal area) and under the seats for the back. With a toggle switch so i can control them or so when I open the door they come on instead of the roof light.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Welcome to GenVibe! Not many people go to the trouble to find a car color to match their garage door!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
ITSRVIBE

Re: (kostby)

Post by ITSRVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »Welcome to GenVibe! Not many people go to the trouble to find a car color to match their garage door! HAHA! i didn't even clue into that!