03 GT

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
smeadows7

03 GT

Post by smeadows7 »

So I'm driving down the road yesterday and notice that there is an abyss vibe for sale. It is very clean and it also happens to be a GT. Original owner, non-smoker, 109,000 miles, new tires, new clutch, new, battery. They are asking 6900 for it. As it stands I'm still paying off my 04 base but a part of me really would enjoy having the GT.I may be able to sell my base to my GF so I wouldn't actually be losing it.... hahaSo I am stuck. I don't know what I should do. I need some opinions.Are the extra horses and "fun" worth moving to a GT?I want to hear from some GT owners!
jkm311

Re: 03 GT (smeadows7)

Post by jkm311 »

If the clutch is new, and they kept up with all the fluid changes, check it out! It's summatime! I regret not getting an Abyss GT. At the time of purchase, I thought my wife (never driven a manual) and I would swap cars from time-to-time, but that simply didn't happen. She has driven my car twice in nearly 4 years! Oh, well. It's nice to know she can in an emergency. Plus, I do a TON of city driving now. We'd be going through clutches more often, I suppose.
Steelies to the rescue.
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Having owned an '04 GT, I can say that I'm ecstatic with ownership. I agree with jkm - if the clutch is new and done by a reputable shop, and the car is generally maintained, this could be a good deal. Although $6.9k is a little high for 109k miles.As far as power, I think that you really only use it in the GT if you are an aggressive driver (given that the extra power comes so high in the rev range).
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
jkm311

Re: (engineertwin2)

Post by jkm311 »

I found your GT, smeadows. And "Rich" is offering $6,900 OBO. He is willing to go lower...http://detroit.craigslist.org/....html
Steelies to the rescue.
mac99d

Re: (jkm311)

Post by mac99d »

Do it Do it
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herb

Post by Herb »

Being that I have an 03 GT doesn't make me biased... well maybe a little Take it out for a test drive and do a carfax and inspection if you're serious
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
victorhasheart

Post by victorhasheart »

I have an 03' GT. But I have never driven a base so I wouldn't be able to tell you the differences. There is a lot of power, but as mentioned earlier, to get the fullest out of it higher revving is necessary. The 6 speed is extremely fun though, and also when you do get past 3k RPMS, it flies nicely
03' VibeGT. Rear Tinted Windows, Low-Pro Amplified Subwoofer (passenger seat), Drop in K&N Filter, Yellow Fog Light Bulbs, +MORE COMING SOON
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

I would easily recommend this car to anyone, as long as it's well maintained. For that price, though, I would expect some extras (wheels, intake, something). I just ran it through KBB and with that mileage they show a private party value of +/- $5400. Retail on it is about $7000 if you were getting it from a dealer. I know KBB means not much at all, but that'll give you an idea anyway. Has anyone noticed that the used value of our cars has crept up a little? I just ran my own car through KBB (I've got around 86,000 miles) and retail on that is just north of $8000. It used to be less, at least last time I checked. To the original poster, it's an amazingly reliable car. Biggest issue with the early GT's was the clutch, and you're in good shape there. You'll probably find it a little rattly inside, because it is, and there's sure to be some loose plastic bits (door controls typically, and a floppy under-shifter door) but that's minor stuff. I'd say talk him down, go for it, and post pics when you get the chance
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

Well it looks like the guy sold the GT before I even had a chance to drive it or anything. I guess it wasn't meant to be haha.
jkm311

Re: (smeadows7)

Post by jkm311 »

All things considered, your current Vibe is a dandy. Maybe a used '09 GT will surface around here at some point. If you like the new body style...
Steelies to the rescue.
high revin

Post by high revin »

I dont regret buying my 03 abyss GT stilling running great with 180k
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

I wish that would have been for sale after my accident :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

No doubt. It was in really good shape too. How are you doing?