personal best

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ponta2147

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ponta2147 »

Aw, it was only 10 over the speed limit... maybe it's just all my driving on the Kennedy where everyone goes 75 despite the 55mph speed limit (this is literal, not an exaggeration) because they know they're going to be doing 5mph when they get close to the city! My *normal* rule is... keep up with traffic, be no more than the second-fastest person on the road (lol)
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

I feel like such a granny whenever I drive on any of the interstates, expressways, etc. around Chicago . I guess I am just used to the more leisurely pace of country driving or should I say country cruising .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Lol, I usually just say that it's really good I don't have any bigger engine than my Vibe... I am so never allowed to own a car with a powerful engine because I will personally finance the Chicagoland area police departments with my tickets. I don't drive fast in heavy traffic or dangerous situations (rain, sharp turns, construction, etc), but when the road opens up it's just so inviting... that's why they invented cruise control, to make me not drive fast.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

LOL! You're right, it is hard to resist the temptation of the open road! I tend to sometimes drive faster on desolite country roads, of course it's mainly to hear the intake though *hint hint* .
HarleyQuinn

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

I sooo can't wait now to hear it, I just ordered it and im soo eager now rofl grrrrrr i hate waiting
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Yes yes, we've decided the intake will be my reward for making it through this past week (Both of us have gotten about 10 hours of sleep over 3 nights because of huge projects, on my 12th wind of adrenalin right now) and Chris's reward will be a new Airsoft gun. Yay!
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

The Great Rule of driving Interstates or anywhere... never be the fastest car on the road.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

thats gonna be so awesome to see all of these 09's with cold air intakes people are gonna start to assume that they come standard in the cars lol
vibenvy

Re: (HarleyQuinn)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »I sooo can't wait now to hear it, I just ordered it and im soo eager now rofl grrrrrr i hate waiting I totally know what you mean. I hate waiting too . I am getting annoyed because the AEM Dry Flow air filter hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to install the K&N on my mom's GT . It's just sitting in my room in the box . You are going to love the intake Harley !Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Yes yes, we've decided the intake will be my reward for making it through this past week (Both of us have gotten about 10 hours of sleep over 3 nights because of huge projects, on my 12th wind of adrenalin right now) and Chris's reward will be a new Airsoft gun. Yay!I would say you two have definitely earned your respective presents !Quote, originally posted by vibolista »The Great Rule of driving Interstates or anywhere... never be the fastest car on the road. That's not hard for me because I drive like a granny compared to everyone else . I always worry that if I'm driving slower than everyone else, I will be the one to get pulled over because I'm easier to catch since I'm going slower .Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »thats gonna be so awesome to see all of these 09's with cold air intakes people are gonna start to assume that they come standard in the cars lolWe will definitely need a group intake shot as well! I am slowly converting every '09 owner on here to getting a K&N !
atecht

Post by atecht »

Overall average for me has been 35 mpg. 60 mile round trip to work. All hwy on the way in, all stop & go and back roads on the way home, then the typical errands on the weekend. I use my scangauge to keep myself honest. I have no doubt that if it was all hwy I would get 40 mpg.
cycleb

Re: personal best (ramenboy...)

Post by cycleb »

Similarly, I just did a bit under 500 mile round trip, mixed with about 50 miles around the area. Kept it at 55 on the highway, and ended up with 40.908mpg!! Whoo Hoo!! This w/ an '08, base Vibe.
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

On average I am hitting 32-34 That includes hills, highway, city, etc. My highest is about 36 but I havent taken too many long trips. This was going to and from Toronto. I saw the mileage go up after the CAI for sure. I was a little suprised it was so noticable.
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
blademeister

Post by blademeister »

I am curious about what MPG I will get with my recently purchased 05 base. I filled up for the first time yesterday, and put in 10.63 gallons. I filled up shortly after the fuel light came on, which was about at the bottom of the red part of the gauge. I didn’t take it down any further because I wasn’t sure how far I can push it. From what I read, it’s supposed to have a 13 gallon tank, so thinking I could go below the E. My last car yielded approximate 32-35 MPG with mostly highway travel. So hoping my Moon5 can get close to the same.
timeracingclub.com
jkm311

Re: (blademeister)

Post by jkm311 »

My understanding is our model is capable of around 13 gallons throughout the whole system, not the tank alone. I believe the tank is capable of just over 12. Now, that's without forcing more in once the pump stops.However, I've read that doing so is a waste. The extra pump or two becomes vapor that never accumulates into the tank. I stopped "rounding up" my total over a year ago.
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

It may or may not help you, but from my experience with the 2009 model (which may or may not be similar):Supposed to have a 13 gallon tank (or just over)Yellow warning light comes on right around gallon 11 (I've found most warning lights come on when you have about one gallon left)Never gotten beyond 11.3 or 11.4 gallons, and that's after driving on the highway with the light on for 20 min or so (or approx 15-20 miles) and getting a little panicked.I'm guessing gallon #12 is used for the fuel pump.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

To bad this thread wasn't about Months per gallon! Ive only put 2800 miles on the Vibe since the Chicago meet last year, 700 of the miles were from the Indy meet.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
vibenvy

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »To bad this thread wasn't about Months per gallon! Ive only put 2800 miles on the Vibe since the Chicago meet last year, 700 of the miles were from the Indy meet.Wow Aron! I wish I put that few a miles on my Vibe.
tpollauf

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »To bad this thread wasn't about Months per gallon!I'd be right behind you there Bro. At the Indy trip I was around 7000 miles and now I just turned over 10K These past two weekends though it will be seeing close to 1000 miles due to us shopping for a newer Vibe for our son. In fact, last Monday when I made a trip to Cincinnatti (211 miles each way) I got 31.5 mpg on a partial city driven tank, before hitting the highway and finishing it off. Then I filled up in Cinci to head back to Toledo and got a good "all highway" test in. I was trying to get close to my all time high of 37.2 mpg but missed it by 1 mpg I drove more conservative as it was nighttime and drove 60-65 most of the way home. My scangauge II was showing me 40-41 mpg most of the trip (it's about 3mpg off) but as I approached Lima Ohio it slowly started to drop off to the point that 90 miles later (Toledo) it was down to 38.8 The reason were head winds coming from the north that weren't there before. It reflected on the "current mpg" value which the scangauge II was displaying. I knew exactly what was going on. Anyways, 36.2 mpg is my second highest achievement Tomorrow morning we head back to Cinci to pick up the Vibe and I'm shooting for my first ever 400+ mile tank on the Vibe. Not bad numbers for the 2.4L engine Oh, and I the Scangage II
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
blademeister

Post by blademeister »

Well I just went 353 miles from my first fill up, then put back in 11.58 gallons. Which equates to 30.5 mpg. This was with a fair bit of city driving; I'd say about 60/40 between highway and city. Not bad, I was glad to be above 30mpg and expect to be higher with dedicated highway driving, which is what I do most sometimes.
timeracingclub.com