Front license plate bracket

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
jcrew2

Front license plate bracket

Post by jcrew2 »

My mother inlaw has an 04 vibe, it does not have a front license plate bracket. She really wants to put a custom plate upfront. I am having a hard time finding one. Can some on direct me to a goo dplace, or if you have one you would like to get rid of let me know.
hskater26

Re: Front license plate bracket (jcrew2)

Post by hskater26 »

i picked one up at autozone that seems to do the job pretty well
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I'd love to help you but these two reasons are prohibiting me from doing so: 1. My Vibe is an '09 and wouldn't fir the '04 front ends... 2. If I ever get pulled over for not having my front license mounted (Law here in Ohio) then I may just have to abide by the law! The Vibe, along with MOST Pontiacs, look like crap with the front plate mounted. The first thing I did when I got it home from the dealership is REMOVE the bracket. It's going on a year and so far so good .
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I got mine from the dealer. Cost me $80 and didnt even come with the right screws...
boudini

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by boudini »

"The Vibe, along with MOST Pontiacs, look like crap with the front plate mounted."------------------------------------------------agree with your statement, although with a white car and white NY plate, it kinda camouflages in
2009 Pontiac Vibe Ultra White, 2.4L w/5 speed auto., Preferred Pkg., A/C
vibolista

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibolista »

Houseofbugs said it all... talk to your mother in law about the front plate! They don't help the looks of a Vibe bumper at all. We have to put a front plate on our cars in Maine... really wish we didn't have to. You would have to make holes in that bumper, too! Oh man, and the 04 Vibe has the cool front facia to boot. Get a personal license plate, intead!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (vibolista)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

yeah, see if you can talk her into just a personalized tag instead. But I've never looked into getting one, so no clue on where you can find it. I'd say dealer, but they are pricey
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I will sell you mine as long as someone has a good way to plug the holes without making it look like crap...
bodhi_tree777

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I will sell you mine as long as someone has a good way to plug the holes without making it look like crap...I had the same thought. I live in WV and I'm not required to have a front plate. However, the car came from Ohio and so came with the bracket. I'd take it off completely if not for the two gaping holes it would leave in the front bumper. Maybe I could mount bull horns there or something.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
vibolista

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by vibolista »

All you need to do is find a couple of small plastic plugs... paint the same color as the bumper and then plug them in to the holes. Shouldn't be too tough to achieve and should look good. Or you could source a couple of nylon or plastic screws that would fasten into those holes... again... painted to match and they would also kinda disappear. Just some easy ideas.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »Maybe I could mount bull horns there or something. I see that crap ALL the time here. Or deer antlers on the roof. Hell....I pulled up in Auto Zone to get some paint and this dude had a deer LEG hangin from his rearview
vibenvy

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I will sell you mine as long as someone has a good way to plug the holes without making it look like crap...Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »I had the same thought. I live in WV and I'm not required to have a front plate. However, the car came from Ohio and so came with the bracket. I'd take it off completely if not for the two gaping holes it would leave in the front bumper.Quote, originally posted by vibolista »All you need to do is find a couple of small plastic plugs... paint the same color as the bumper and then plug them in to the holes. Shouldn't be too tough to achieve and should look good. Or you could source a couple of nylon or plastic screws that would fasten into those holes... again... painted to match and they would also kinda disappear. Just some easy ideas.I just ordered touch up paint for our GTs this past Monday (it's supposed to be in in a week). After leaving the dealer I headed over to Auto Zone to look for plugs. I ended up getting some Nissan/Toyota retainers made by Dorman. It's a pack of 15 of them for $3.99. They fit very snugly in the license plate holes and they are just big enough to cover the hole, but not so big that they are too noticeable. As soon as I receive the touch up paint I am going to put two painted plugs in my front bumper and hope I don't get pulled over for no front plate . I will be sure to post pictures!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY » As soon as I receive the touch up paint I am going to put two painted plugs in my front bumper and hope I don't get pulled over for no front plate . I will be sure to post pictures!If you notice my signature shows NO PLATE on my Vibe GT, yet the holes are there and when up close, are quite obvious. I just haven't had time to fill/plug them yet. But I do have some encouraging news for all of us who refuse to mount the plate to our bumpers. I'm designing a system to "hide" the front plate to where it is really there BUT you just can't see it. Then lets say Sgt. Sedanco pulls you over for "whatever". Before he has a chance to approach your car, the plate will "reappear" in place and you'll be LEGAL. I'm attempting to design a similar device for the rear plate but I'm running into too many obstacles. I got nailed once at one of those intersections by a "red light camera" and because it was in my work truck, I had to pay the $115 fine Had the rear plate been slightly altered, covered up, shifted, or "not there" then the camera would not have been able to trace me at allStay tuned for more details and if/when successful, I'll post SEVERAL pica and open a new thread.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"