COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Seen a guy from Markleville, which is only about 5-10 minutes SE from me, on here the other guy. IIRC, he was new and I PM'ed him letting him know about the meet, but haven't seen or heard from him since. Hopefully he pops back on within the week.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
audiovibe

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Seen a guy from Markleville, which is only about 5-10 minutes SE from me, on here the other guy. IIRC, he was new and I PM'ed him letting him know about the meet, but haven't seen or heard from him since. Hopefully he pops back on within the week.I sent him an IM as well last week, I have officially entered stalker status because I checked to see when he was on last. he hasn't logged in since the 7th!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

hahaha, stalker, maybe, but at least it's for a good cause lol. Markleville doesn't have a large population, but it's a lot of country though. Maybe I should drive through there more and hopefully run into him
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

I was hoping more of the Indy area would start coming out of the woodwork this week, with all of us having these counters as sigs. Single digit days are having the desired effect!
Steelies to the rescue.
areles

Re: (jkm311) My Vibe

Post by areles »

Here's a pic from the day I got it. It's a 2009 L.P.M. Vibe GT

Attached files
jkm311

Re: (jkm311) My Vibe (areles)

Post by jkm311 »

Another 2009-2010 gen GT! We'll be nearly split right down the middle at this meet. One row of 2003-2008, and the other: 2009-2010. I suppose it would be much more fun to just let everyone mingle (park) as they arrive, but it would be cool for one of our group shots to have the Vibes grouped by generation.
Steelies to the rescue.
tpollauf

Re: (jkm311)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I was hoping more of the Indy area would start coming out of the woodwork this week, with all of us having these counters as sigs. Single digit days are having the desired effect! I totally agree. It's one thing to say they have a prior commitment (well understood) during the day, BUT they are more than welcome to stop on by for "part two" of the meet ... the LED showcase which will be held later that night in the hotel parking lot So they can attend their ball games, competitions, etc. during the day, but how about hanging with many of us Vibers later at the hotel
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jkm311

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by jkm311 »

The Quality Inn won't know what hit it...
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Seen a guy from Markleville, which is only about 5-10 minutes SE from me, on here the other guy. IIRC, he was new and I PM'ed him letting him know about the meet, but haven't seen or heard from him since. Hopefully he pops back on within the week.Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »I sent him an IM as well last week, I have officially entered stalker status because I checked to see when he was on last. he hasn't logged in since the 7th! Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »hahaha, stalker, maybe, but at least it's for a good cause lol. Markleville doesn't have a large population, but it's a lot of country though. Maybe I should drive through there more and hopefully run into himYou guys crack me up ! GenVibe stalkers FTW! I definitely don't think a few passes through Markleville would hurt Wolfman ! Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I was hoping more of the Indy area would start coming out of the woodwork this week, with all of us having these counters as sigs. Single digit days are having the desired effect! And with any luck, maybe some people will show up unannounced which would be a nice surprise.Quote, originally posted by areles »Here's a pic from the day I got it. It's a 2009 L.P.M. Vibe GTYes! My twin! We will definitely have to get some pictures together !Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Another 2009-2010 gen GT! We'll be nearly split right down the middle at this meet. One row of 2003-2008, and the other: 2009-2010. I suppose it would be much more fun to just let everyone mingle (park) as they arrive, but it would be cool for one of our group shots to have the Vibes grouped by generation.It will probably be easier to just park as we arrive, but people better be ready to move around later in the day for group pictures !Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »The Quality Inn won't know what hit it... The best part is we are all going to be laid back, so the Quality Inn shouldn't have any problem with us hanging out in the parking lot . Not like previous events I've been to where the cops have been called because people were doing stupid, immature things .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Just curious, are there any other 2009s coming that are not GTs??? I know there are a couple on the site (mostly base models I think?) but not sure how much representation the 2.4L "GT-Wannabes" have here. Getting really excited! I vote for something like Logan's for dinner on Sat. so we can sit down and have a big group steak dinner. That's a perfect day right there- cars and steak! Would you guys like me to call Bdubs to see if they will reserve a table of maybe 8-10 on Friday, and then perhaps Logan's to see if we can get a couple tables or maybe a back room on Saturday??
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
jkm311

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Just curious, are there any other 2009s coming that are not GTs???Saw one that looked IDENTICAL to yours in my town, Michelle. Looked great! Look at it this way, you'll be "unique!"Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Would you guys like me to call Bdubs to see if they will reserve a table of maybe 8-10 on Friday, and then perhaps Logan's to see if we can get a couple tables or maybe a back room on Saturday??Bdubs on a Friday with half our meet crowd doesn't concern me as much as Logan's on a Saturday with most of us in attendance. My feeling is Logan's should get a call. Any other opinions? Couldn't hurt to call, Michelle. Great suggestion, and thanks for doing so.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Just curious, are there any other 2009s coming that are not GTs??? I know there are a couple on the site (mostly base models I think?) but not sure how much representation the 2.4L "GT-Wannabes" have here. Getting really excited! I vote for something like Logan's for dinner on Sat. so we can sit down and have a big group steak dinner. That's a perfect day right there- cars and steak! Would you guys like me to call Bdubs to see if they will reserve a table of maybe 8-10 on Friday, and then perhaps Logan's to see if we can get a couple tables or maybe a back room on Saturday??Unfortunately Michelle, I believe you are going to be the only '09 non-GT, but at least you have the right engine . We can put you right in the middle when we take our '09 group picture ! I can barely contain my excitement now ! I will probably be running around the gas station parking lot screaming "Vibe WOO!!!" on Friday LOL! Vibes and steak FTW !Calling B Dubs and Logan's is probably a good idea. Our own room at Logan's on Saturday would be so sweet!Oh... one more thing I thought of for those of us who will be arriving Friday and heading to B Dubs for a late dinner... are we going to meet at the Quality Inn or at B Dubs? I am thinking it might be better to meet at the Qualtiy Inn (i.e. in the parking lot) in case anyone (mainly us Chicagoland Vibers) are running late. Just a thought. I hate being late for anything, therefore I am worried we will be running late and we will hold everyone up .
jkm311

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Oh... one more thing I thought of for those of us who will be arriving Friday and heading to B Dubs for a late dinner... are we going to meet at the Quality Inn or at B Dubs? I am thinking it might be better to meet at the Qualtiy Inn (i.e. in the parking lot) in case anyone (mainly us Chicagoland Vibers) are running late. You guys cool with PM'ing me your cell numbers? I will be running around town, and I'm still not completely sure if I will make it to Bdubs.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »You guys cool with PM'ing me your cell numbers? I will be running around town, and I'm still not completely sure if I will make it to Bdubs. No problemo. PMd ya!
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

You guys read my mind...I was just going to post about the meeting spot for Friday night! I'll probably be at the hotel by mid-afternoon, so I'll just be hanging out/cruising around/taking a nap until everyone else arrives, so if someone could call me when it's time for dinner that would be awesome. Jkm311, I'll pm you my cell number...
vibenvy

Re: (jackie879)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »You guys read my mind...I was just going to post about the meeting spot for Friday night! I'll probably be at the hotel by mid-afternoon, so I'll just be hanging out/cruising around/taking a nap until everyone else arrives, so if someone could call me when it's time for dinner that would be awesome. Jkm311, I'll pm you my cell number...I'm thinking us Chicagoland Vibers will probably be the last ones to arrive Friday night, so it would probably be best for everyone else to just hang out in the Quality Inn parking lot or whatever, then when we arrive we can just check in quick, then we can all head to B Dubs.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I don't mind being the only one of "my kind" at the meet- that way I can be special! What time should I call for Logan's on Saturday? I dunno if they take reservations but I'll at least try.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »What time should I call for Logan's on Saturday? I dunno if they take reservations but I'll at least try.I believe someone had mentioned 8 for Saturday...
jkm311

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I believe someone had mentioned 8 for Saturday...That should give us plenty of time for the meet, then those staying at the the hotel can go back and change/shower. Others can cruise, shop, etc.And then those with LEDs will be in a good place, daylight-wise, to meet up and show them off after we eat. *Also* I did not receive any of the PMs. I checked, and my settings are allowing them. Not sure why none have shown up. Could you guys send them again? Sorry.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »That should give us plenty of time for the meet, then those staying at the the hotel can go back and change/shower. Others can cruise, shop, etc.And then those with LEDs will be in a good place, daylight-wise, to meet up and show them off after we eat. *Also* I did not receive any of the PMs. I checked, and my settings are allowing them. Not sure why none have shown up. Could you guys send them again? Sorry. I agree!I re-sent my PM.
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

Re-sent my pm as well.
jkm311

Re: (jackie879)

Post by jkm311 »

Thanks, J2E and Jackie. Received both of your numbers. Stupid Google Chrome and pop ups.
Steelies to the rescue.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Did someone say steak? Some of my attention is now diverted, thanks Michelle.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
BlueCrush

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Did someone say steak? Some of my attention is now diverted, thanks Michelle. Mmmmmm...Car Meat.....I mean car meet...
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ramenboy...

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Mmmmmm...Car Meat.....I mean car meet... hahahaahahaaha touché
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
jkm311

Forecast

Post by jkm311 »

Yes, the predicted temperature is going down, but the likelihood of rain is rising. Think good... Vibes. Ba-doom-kshhh!
Steelies to the rescue.
kostby

Post by kostby »

If you are 'likely' to come, please send me your car info by Thursday, so I can get the data sheets printed ahead of time. I'll bring my computer & printer to do some on-site for the 'may-bes' who do make it.Please submit the following information in a text, rtf, or Microsoft Word (any version) document, one item below per line, to my user-linked email address, or IM me at my user-linked IM to preserve confidentiality of your info.1. GenVibe screen name2. First Name3. Last Name4. Hometown5. Car Year6. Car Make7. Car Model ( e.g. Vibe Base, AWD, GT)8. Engine Size (for 2009-2010 1.8 or 2.4)9. Current Mods (or 'none')10. Future/Planned Mods (or 'none')NOTE that I'm NOT asking you to submit email address or other specific contact information. While you might want to share it with other GenVibers, you might NOT want that info on display with your car at a public park.Here's the original post in 'Events' --> http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=41349So far, I have car 'data sheets' from the following GenVibersAPsychoMartyr - Brandon Gray [EDIT] missing from the list when I posted an hour ago.BlueCrush - Brian LarsonDaveG - Dave Gableenfield577 - Geoff WaldenHouse Of Bugs - Timothy HooglandJ_TO_ENVY - Carrie Bachman jkm311 - John MacRitchiekostby & HoosierMan619 - Kirk Ostby & Eric Ostbyponta2147 - Michelle SchulpScherry2 - Sheldon CherryTpollauf - Timothy PollaufWolfman213 - David Bentley

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I don't mind being the only one of "my kind" at the meet- that way I can be special! Good attitude Michelle We'll put you in front of the other THREE Vibe Red Gt's, in a "diamond" pattern. This will be FOUR red 09's Then all lined up, then backed up to each other, then ................Everybody better make sure they have plenty of MEMORY & batteries. I bet we take a couple THOUSAND pictures combined that day
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
waveresponder

Re: (kostby)

Post by waveresponder »

bet if i used my lights and siren all the way there it would save some time...but that might result in a line of police cars pulling in behind me as well
Wolfman213

Re: (waveresponder)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »bet if i used my lights and siren all the way there it would save some time...but that might result in a line of police cars pulling in behind me as well Well, if they are the police Vibe's then of course they are more than welcome to join us!!Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Yes, the predicted temperature is going down, but the likelihood of rain is rising. Isolated T-Storms are much better than scattered though!!!
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Here's a twist: since rain has remained in the forecast, (which I know can def. change out in the open midwest) what about an inclement weather locale?I was trying to think if there are any parking structures in the Castleton shopping areas...We might be able to find one that is for shoppers, thus not charging anything, and still within a 2 or 3 mile radius of everything we have set up thus far. Wolfman, DaveG, kotsby: are you guys aware of such a parking structure? I know there isn't one in the IMMEDIATE vicinity of Buffalo Wild Wings and Sahm park, but maybe closer to 465. Worth looking into to.
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Here's a twist: since rain has remained in the forecast, (which I know can def. change out in the open midwest) what about an inclement weather locale?I was trying to think if there are any parking structures in the Castleton shopping areas...We might be able to find one that is for shoppers, thus not charging anything, and still within a 2 or 3 mile radius of everything we have set up thus far. Wolfman, DaveG, kotsby: are you guys aware of such a parking structure? I know there isn't one in the IMMEDIATE vicinity of Buffalo Wild Wings and Sahm park, but maybe closer to 465. Worth looking into to.Good Idea, John. I was going to say for everyone to bring Umbrellas and rain gear, jic.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

Michelle,If you are calling Logan's for Sat. night, put me down for two.I guess my status should change from "maybe" to "almost definitely" now. Geoff
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (enfield577)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by enfield577 » put me down for two.I got three in my party
jkm311

Re: (enfield577)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by enfield577 »Michelle,If you are calling Logan's for Sat. night, put me down for two.I guess my status should change from "maybe" to "almost definitely" now. Geoff
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Latest list

Post by jkm311 »

7/14/10jkm311 (Royal Oak, Michigan: Staying with family Friday, Saturday)tpollauf (Toledo, Ohio:Wolfman213 (Anderson, Indiana:ponta2147 (Palatine, Illinois: Quality InnJ_TO_ENVY (Sandwich, Illinois: Quality InnKevzaz (Drums, Pennsylvania:Russiaville (Russiaville, Indiana:PsychoMartyr (Cullman, Alabama:audiovibe (City?, Illinois: Quality Innhouseofbugs (Alsip, Illinois: Quality Innkotsby (Lebanon, Indiana:lifes tuff (Frankfort, Indiana:LavaIlliniVibe (City?, Illinois:BlueCrush (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Quality InnB14CK_H4WK (T-burg, Ohio:HarleyQuinn (Killeen, Texas: Quality InnMr Magoo (Franklin, Indiana:jackie879 (St. Louis, Missouri:scherry2 (Unlisted?:enfield577 (Elizabethtown, Kentucky)DaveG (Indianapolis, Indiana)areles (Portland, Indiana)mswvibe (St. John, Indiana)midnightthunder89 (a "maybe") (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan:ramenboy... (a "maybe") (Chicago, Illinois:cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe") (Comstock Park, Michigan:
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »I got three in my partyParty of one
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
areles

Re: Latest list (jkm311) name missing from list

Post by areles »

Areles is coming
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I was just going to ask if they had a room or something for a group of about 20 people
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I was just going to ask if they had a room or something for a group of about 20 peopleProbably for the best.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Sorry, Areles!

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by areles »Areles is comingSorry! I copied the wrong list. I also changed DaveG's status, seeing that he submitted a Vibe windshield sheet. Hoping he makes it! Still haven't heard from lifes tuff, Russiaville, LavaIlliniVibe, Mr Magoo, B14CK_H4WK, MidnightThunder and CP Stunna, but I had my pop ups blocked the last few days and I PM'ed those I hadn't heard from in a long while. They may have responded...7/13/10 Take 2...jkm311 (Royal Oak, Michigan: Staying with family Friday, Saturday)tpollauf (Toledo, Ohio:Wolfman213 (Anderson, Indiana:ponta2147 (Palatine, Illinois: Quality InnJ_TO_ENVY (Sandwich, Illinois: Quality InnKevzaz (Drums, Pennsylvania:Russiaville (Russiaville, Indiana:PsychoMartyr (Cullman, Alabama:audiovibe (City?, Illinois: Quality Innhouseofbugs (Alsip, Illinois: Quality Innkotsby (Lebanon, Indiana:lifes tuff (Frankfort, Indiana:LavaIlliniVibe (City?, Illinois:BlueCrush (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Quality InnB14CK_H4WK (T-burg, Ohio:HarleyQuinn (Killeen, Texas: Quality InnMr Magoo (Franklin, Indiana:jackie879 (St. Louis, Missouri:scherry2 (Unlisted?:enfield577 (Elizabethtown, Kentucky)DaveG (Indianapolis, Indiana)areles (Portland, Indiana)midnightthunder89 (a "maybe") (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan:ramenboy... (a "maybe") (Chicago, Illinois:cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe") (Comstock Park, Michigan:
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

No large group reservations at Logan's (they only do "call ahead")... with the number of people coming, we should probably find a place that does take them.EDIT: You know what place would be great for a large group? Buca di Beppo. They have one at the Castleton square mall and they do take reservations, it's a "family style" Italian restaurant with big portions and caters to big groups.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Houlihan's might work. Seems casual, and good for groups:6020 East 82nd StreetSuite LL02Indianapolis, IN 46250(317) 845-9428The Yelp review link (and someone actually JUST reviewed it last week):http://www.yelp.com/biz/houlihans-indianapolisIt's also very close to the hotel and park. Worth a shot.EDIT: Bucca works for me, too Michelle. Just saw your EDIT.
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

How about we decide on a fist and second choice today and I'll call this evening. I know the nice thing about Buca is that I can book it now as a party and they can bring all the food out to us pretty much as soon as we get there, then just split up the bill. I do also like Houlihan's but never been with a big group.EDIT: I'm going to give Buca a call and see what they say for prices and availability for Saturday at 8pm for approx. 20 people.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Buca FTW! And if ALL else fails, we could frequent BWW again, now that we'll be with everybody.
Steelies to the rescue.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Sahm's has a restaurant as well that has a big room for larger party's. Their food is awesome!! They may be a little more expensive though. I'll look real quick for a website.I'll also try and think of a covered place just in case.EDIT: http://sahms.com/locations.htmI'm not familiar with the one right at 96th & I69, but the one at 116th & Allisonville, I've been at, well sorta. They tore down the old one and replaced it with a CVS but relocated the new one caddy-corner to it. The old was was really nice on the inside and like i said before, really good food. There is a pdf of the menu on the website too.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

No kidding?! Wow, that is unexpected for a park. Thanks for looking into it, David.EDIT: here's the review for the one at 96 St. They call it a bar & grill, and the menu is on the site link you provided:http://www.yelp.com/biz/sahms-...shers
Steelies to the rescue.
kostby

Post by kostby »

There is a parking structure attached to the Radisson Hotel in The Fashion Mall at the northwest corner of 86th & Keystone. (There used to be a garage attached to the old Ayres store on the south side of Castleton Square Mall, but it was demolished to make way for the current 'front' including AMC theatre)There is another hotel and parking structure between Keystone & Meridian north of 86th St and south of I-465 that I see from the interstate when I drive by. Perhaps a Mariott?But the better news is: TV weather forecast says good chance of showers Thursday & Friday, but clearing & about 90 on Saturday!FWIW forecasts are most accurate < 48-hours out...

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Forgot about the fashion mall! That's prob the only one around. I've been thinking and every place I come up with cost money. I think some of the state parking garages in downtown are free on the weekends, but that's in downtown vs where our central meeting area is.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Take your pic lol WRTV/ABCWTHR/NBCWXIN/FOXWISH/CBS