COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
BlueCrush

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by BlueCrush »

Good thing we didn't do the go-Kart thing then. I think everyone was pretty tired after Buca anyway. I don't think we got out of there until 10:30 or so.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
vibenvy

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by vibenvy »

Yeah, we didn't go go karting or anything beyond dinner. We did BWW Friday night and Buca Saturday night. Buca was good, but a little more than I had expected price wise. No biggie though. Just a good thing those with tight budgets didn't go I guess .It would be nice if the next meet was in either the spring or fall, that way we could hang out more in the parking lot at the hotel. That would have been cool. Heck, there were guys grilling out on the backside of the hotel by the pool. We could just do that next time !HarleyQuinn, we definitely missed you, but we also understand that things come up and life takes priority over a car meet. No worries. We all definitely hope you can make the next one .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
houseofbugs

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »I seen the exterior which i thought looked really nice. What scheme did you go with on your gauges? I have all my numbers in blue and the dummy lights various different colors. I'm thinking about taking it back out and mixing some green or orange with the blue. The green I know would look fine, but I'm unsure of the orange bc I don't know how well they will bleed together.I went with all blue LED's. See my garage.Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Yeah, we didn't go go karting or anything beyond dinner. We did BWW Friday night and Buca Saturday night. Buca was good, but a little more than I had expected price wise. No biggie though. Just a good thing those with tight budgets didn't go I guess .It would be nice if the next meet was in either the spring or fall, that way we could hang out more in the parking lot at the hotel. That would have been cool. Heck, there were guys grilling out on the backside of the hotel by the pool. We could just do that next time !HarleyQuinn, we definitely missed you, but we also understand that things come up and life takes priority over a car meet. No worries. We all definitely hope you can make the next one .Yeah the company and food were great. Buca's was good but I wasn't expecting $36 for dinner. That was a little out of my price range but luckily I had $31 on me and Ron covered $5 of mine. Thanks again!
BlueCrush

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I went with all blue LED's. See my garage.Yeah the company and food were great. Buca's was good but I wasn't expecting $36 for dinner. That was a little out of my price range but luckily I had $31 on me and Ron covered $5 of mine. Thanks again!Yeah, it was about $10 higher than I was expecting as well. Oh, well. Glad I don't go there very often...lol.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »It would be nice if the next meet was in either the spring or fall, that way we could hang out more in the parking lot at the hotel. That would have been cool. Heck, there were guys grilling out on the backside of the hotel by the pool. We could just do that next time !Another advantage to spring/fall is that it will get darker earlier so MORE time for the LED showcase And if Santa finds free time to prepare special gifts (ONLY to GOOD Genvibers!) then I think the next meet will host a lot more Vibes with LED mod's
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »There was one that went by that was oblivious to our row of Vibes.Haha that reminds us of when a bunch of us followed somebody around in the parking lot at the hotel at the MI meet, thinking it was one of the GenVibers. I think she thought we were crazy.
GenVibe Global Moderator
vibenvy

Re: (Kari)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »Yeah the company and food were great. Buca's was good but I wasn't expecting $36 for dinner. That was a little out of my price range but luckily I had $31 on me and Ron covered $5 of mine. Thanks again!Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Yeah, it was about $10 higher than I was expecting as well. Oh, well. Glad I don't go there very often...lol.Glad I wasn't the only one who was caught off guard . Just one more reason to have it in the spring or fall so we could do a cookout instead .Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Another advantage to spring/fall is that it will get darker earlier so MORE time for the LED showcase And if Santa finds free time to prepare special gifts (ONLY to GOOD Genvibers!) then I think the next meet will host a lot more Vibes with LED mod's I am dying for one of those third brake lights after seeing it in person ! The pictures don't do it near enough justice!Quote, originally posted by Kari »Haha that reminds us of when a bunch of us followed somebody around in the parking lot at the hotel at the MI meet, thinking it was one of the GenVibers. I think she thought we were crazy. LOL! That's hysterical! Reminds of when the Chicago caravibe was on I 74 on our way to Indy and we had a first gen neptune two tone drive by us. Tim (houseofbugs) went flying up and followed the guy for a while . I took a picture of him as he went by me:He was totally oblivious to the four Vibes driving in the right lane one right behind the other . It seems 99.9% of Vibe drivers/owners are oblivious to what they drive and the fact that other Vibe drivers/owners (us as GV members) routinely wave/smile/flash the "V" aka peace sign at them. This makes me sad .
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

OK guys & gals. I FINALLY uploaded my pics of this awesome event to my cardomain site. Click this link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3827164/3 to view them all. Most are similar to the others BUT I do have one of Michelle that NOBODY else has . Enjoy ................. The "other" Tim
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ponta2147

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I do have one of Michelle that NOBODY else has . Why does that worry me??
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Toasted7

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by Toasted7 »

Looks like it was a great time guys! Sorry I had to miss it. Maybe next time.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
futureviber

Post by futureviber »

I'm SO sad!! I missed it! And that's only like an hour from where I live! If only I had checked in a month sooner!! maybe next summer... where ever it will be.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »we're thinkin further WEST!!! I couldn't agree more!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »we're thinkin further NORTHWEST (650miles)!!! Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »I couldn't agree more!!! X2
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »we're thinkin Sandwich, Illinois!!!Sounds like a plan to me !Seriously though, someplace else would be cool. If it weren't too far, I'd go. I love a good road trip!