COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
91LudeSiT

Post by 91LudeSiT »

I'd like to thank everybody for the invite to the meet, I had a great time and it was nice to meet all of you.
jkm311

Re: (91LudeSiT)

Post by jkm311 »

Good to have you there, Alex. Loved the color of your Corolla. Well worth your wait to get it. Looks great with the rim combo. Thanks for making the trip.
Steelies to the rescue.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

It was great talking to ya you have some great looking dogs. And you have a nice looking car.
91LudeSiT

Re: (jkm311)

Post by 91LudeSiT »

Thanks guys, it was great seeing all your vibes, and I may have gotten some ideas for the future.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Great to have dinner with you at Buca, Alex! Glad you could join us for the meet. Our NUMMI-built cars are 'kin' under the skin! Love the signature photo!You might want to post a 'Hello' in the 'GenVibe Lounge' part of the forum, so you meet all the 'regulars'.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
BlueCrush

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

I made it back home safely as well. and shaved 30 minute off my time. Too me 10-1/2hrs to get down there (mainly due to the road construction on Friday) and 10hrs to get back. Although I did have to slow down for 2 MAJOR accidents, one in Illinois and one in Wisconsin. Both had 15-20 emergency vehicles cars at both locations were massively totaled. I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't make it at both. Sad.Yeah, I was surprised that you were still there when I left, Aron. I left just before 7am and was lucky enough to catch Carrie in the parking lot to say goodbye, since I didn't get to last night.Alex, it was great meeting you and thank you for coming all that way with your Corolla. I would especially like to thank:John, for starting this thread and keeping everyone up to date with all the info.Michelle, the water at the meet (lifesaver!!) &for arranging the Buca dinner, it was a perfect ending to a great day! (Chris, it was great meeting you!) Kirk, for all the work that went into the nametags, data sheet, signs, etc..., it really made the meet feel official.David, for taking pics at the park beforehand.Tim (HOB), for taking video of the park beforehand.And to everyone else for showing up!! I had a great time, as I'm sure you all did too. Everyone's Vibes (& Corolla) were awesome! Can't wait to see the pics! Now for a jab at the 2nd gens - The 1st & 1-1/2 gen Vibes were each unigue in its own right, I love them all. The 2nd gens were all a bunch of freakin' clones (haha). I didn't know if I was at a Vibe meet or watching Star Wars - The Clone Wars or Star Trek with the Borg ("You will assimilate! Resistance is futile!!"). LOL! I love them all, too. But, OG's rule! haha!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by BlueCrush »

Nice Pic, Sheldon! I added a little something to it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Yes I have a V-16!Funny story behind this quote in Aron's sig. As Aron and I were standing in front of one of the Vibe's talking about "the vibes", two little kids walked by and we heard one of them say to the other, "Holy Crap! All these cars have V16 engines in them" (referring to the 16V (for 16 valves) on all the plastic engine covers. Aron and I, both looked at each other and laughed. That was the best quote of the meet, for us. HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!1
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Well maybe we wouldn't all be clones if companies actually MADE aftermarket parts for us! Right now we have like two or three options only, lol.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
BlueCrush

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by BlueCrush »

But hey, at least we all our Vibes have something in common, right? Was it the Fogs, 4 tires or 4 doors?? (maybe the hatch?)
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sputnik

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Sputnik »

Looks like you all had a fun time!! Wish I could have come... but I don't have a Vibe.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I heard that V16 quote lol... I'm gonna use that one someday!I was talking to a Mustang driving friend today who was making fun of my engine a bit (we were talking mods and he was saying stuff like "well when you get into the BIG BOY stuff" and things like that, while complaining that there is nowhere around to drive fast enough) and I was like... "Hey guess how much it costs me to fill a tank of gas! And we both have the same speed limit on the highway!!"
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I had a blast!Glad to be home with the wife tho Everything looks SO much better in person
91LudeSiT

Post by 91LudeSiT »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Well maybe we wouldn't all be clones if companies actually MADE aftermarket parts for us! Right now we have like two or three options only, lol. I would think the parts from the 2nd gen matrixes fit the vibe.
areles

Post by areles »

Glad we weren't downtown Indy!http://www.indystar.com/articl...lines"10 wounded in 3 shootings near Circle Centre""Three separate shootings left 10 people wounded and scattered hundreds during an opening burst of gunfire in downtown Indianapolis during the crowded Indiana Black Expo, police said early Sunday."Ron
vibedrivermatt

Re: (areles)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Wow looks like you all had a fun time! Would have been cool though if you had drove through the town in that triangle formation to scare the locals, kinda like an intimidating biker gang!!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by 91LudeSiT »I would think the parts from the 2nd gen matrixes fit the vibe.Nothing on the exterior... just engine or interior (which are exactly the same anyway) that's how we got our K&N Intakes (Matrix)
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I'm glad that the meet went great and I really wish I could have been there but I have been so busy lately. I got 4 hours of sleep last night and its been hectic. Glad it went well.
kostby

Post by kostby »

I posted two sets of photos in my MobileMe gallery:The artsy stuff --> photo shoot & dinner 'Quality adventures'http://gallery.me.com/kostby#100367And 'more people, fewer cars' at the park --> 'The GenVibe Indy Meet' http://gallery.me.com/kostby#100374

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Glad everyone made it home safe. I had a great time with great people and some great Vibes. Looking forward to the next massive meet!! This time I'll major sure I get everything fixed up prior to THE DAY OF so I can actually have a clean Vibe inside and out.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
enfield577

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by enfield577 »

Had a great time on Saturday! It was wonderful to meet everyone, and get all those great group pics!Thanks to all who put in all the effort to set this one up. Thanks esp. to Michelle for the cold water and to Ron for lending me a fork to eat my frozen slushy with ('cause the guy on the ice cream truck ran out of spoons) - two things I really needed on that hot day!It was super to meet with other folks who value their Vibes, and to know that I could park among all the rest, having the peace of mind to know that I wasn't going to get any door dings. Looking forward to the next meet!
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
Wolfman213

Re: (enfield577)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by enfield577 »It was super to meet with other folks who value their Vibes, and to know that I could park among all the rest, having the peace of mind to know that I wasn't going to get any door dings. HAHAHA Yeah, being at a public park and a popular restaurant next to a mall... that def added some piece of mind
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »I had such a great time at the meet! Huge thanks to those who organized it. There was a good turnout and the photo shoot at the hotel was amazing! Can't wait till next year!Jackie it was great meeting and chatting with you in person . I think sometime in the fall you and I should meet up in Cahokia, IL (really close to your neck of the woods) where they have a white '09 Vibe GT squad car . I have been wanting to go down there and get some pictures with the squad car! I think that would be so cool !Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Great meet guys!!! I got home a lil after 1, Seems my alarm at the Hotel didn't work, Last night about 11:00 the clock said it was P.M. This morning at 8:30 it also said P.M.. I guess that is why the 5:30 A.M. Alarm didn't go off.Traffic wasn't that bad and had no issues on the way home so the spare got to stay in the car.Glad to hear you got home safe Aron. The alarm issues would explain why you were still there when Brian and I left !Quote, originally posted by 91LudeSiT »I'd like to thank everybody for the invite to the meet, I had a great time and it was nice to meet all of you.It was great meeting you and chatting with you at dinner Alex ! I love the color of your Corolla ! It looks great! Thanks for joining us for the meet and dinner. It was a pleasure having you!Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I left just before 7am and was lucky enough to catch Carrie in the parking lot to say goodbye, since I didn't get to last night.Now for a jab at the 2nd gens - The 1st & 1-1/2 gen Vibes were each unigue in its own right, I love them all. The 2nd gens were all a bunch of freakin' clones (haha). I didn't know if I was at a Vibe meet or watching Star Wars - The Clone Wars or Star Trek with the Borg ("You will assimilate! Resistance is futile!!"). LOL! I love them all, too. But, OG's rule! haha! Yes, sadly Tim (houseofbugs) and I went to find the Citgo so we could get gas. After missing the exit due to road construction, etc. we finally arrived at our destination only to discover it was no longer a Citgo . So, by the time I got back to the hotel, everyone was in their rooms already so yes, it was good we ran into each other in the parking lot to say goodbye. It was great meeting you Brian and your Vibe looks great. Glad to hear you made it home safe.I would have to agree with you about the 2nd gens, but as Michelle said, it's hard when no one makes anything for us, especially the GTs . We won't hold your 1st and 1.5 gens against you though !Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Nice Pic, Sheldon! I added a little something to it. That's awesome Brian! I am having a really hard time deciding what picture to use for my new sig . There are so many good ones to choose from.Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Funny story behind this quote in Aron's sig. As Aron and I were standing in front of one of the Vibe's talking about "the vibes", two little kids walked by and we heard one of them say to the other,"Holy Crap! All these cars have V16 engines in them" (referring to the 16V (for 16 valves) on all the plastic engine covers. Aron and I, both looked at each other and laughed. That was the best quote of the meet, for us. HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!1That's hysterical!Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »Looks like you all had a fun time!! Wish I could have come... but I don't have a Vibe.We wouldn't have cared that you don't have a Vibe. It's not just about the Vibes, it's also about the people .Quote, originally posted by areles »Glad we weren't downtown Indy!http://www.indystar.com/articl...lines"10 wounded in 3 shootings near Circle Centre""Three separate shootings left 10 people wounded and scattered hundreds during an opening burst of gunfire in downtown Indianapolis during the crowded Indiana Black Expo, police said early Sunday."I totally saw this on the local news when I got back to my room Saturday night. The scariest part is that they showed that ridiculous 80s Buick or whatever it was that drove by when we were doing our photoshoot in the parking lot (the one that was bright orange and looked like it had 30" wheels on it). It was roped off with police tape because they found an AK47 among other guns inside of that car. I immediately texted the Chicago people and told them to turn the news on. We are so lucky they didn't decide to drive into the hotel parking lot. That could have been bad .Ron, it was awesome to meet you and get some pictures of the twins ! Thanks again for the plugs for the locks! I'm going to give them a try one day this week after work.Quote, originally posted by vibedrivermatt »Wow looks like you all had a fun time! Would have been cool though if you had drove through the town in that triangle formation to scare the locals, kinda like an intimidating
biker gang!!When we headed to Buca for dinner, the majority of us were in a single line the whole way there (1-2 miles from the hotel). We even drove by a cop who was probably like (removed)!?! . It was fun for sure!Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I'm glad that the meet went great and I really wish I could have been there but I have been so busy lately. I got 4 hours of sleep last night and its been hectic. Glad it went well.It's okay. There's always next year !Quote, originally posted by enfield577 »Had a great time on Saturday! It was wonderful to meet everyone, and get all those great group pics!Thanks to all who put in all the effort to set this one up. Thanks esp. to Michelle for the cold water and to Ron for lending me a fork to eat my frozen slushy with ('cause the guy on the ice cream truck ran out of spoons) - two things I really needed on that hot day!It was super to meet with other folks who value their Vibes, and to know that I could park among all the rest, having the peace of mind to know that I wasn't going to get any door dings. Looking forward to the next meet!It was great meeting you and your wife Geoff ! Very nice GT ! It was so funny to all be able to park together at Buca and not worry about door dings like you said . Glad you guys made it home safe.I had a GREAT time this weekend! As I mentioned numerous times throughout the weekend, by far the best car get together I have ever attended. No drama, no bs, nothing but great people, great Vibes, great pictures, great food, okay weather and an all around great time! We definitely need to do it again next year, although maybe in the spring or fall as opposed to the summer to avoid the hot weather . Huge thanks to John (jkm311) for keeping this thread going and keeping everything up to date for us. Huge thanks to Michelle (ponta2147) & Chris (her husband) for getting everything at Buca set up for us. You guys were dead on with the food choices ! Huge thanks to Kirk (kostby) and his son for doing all the window sheets, name tags, signs, etc. As Brian said, those things really made the meet official. Lastly, huge thanks to everyone else for showing up and making it such a great weekend! All your Vibes are unique and wonderful in their own ways and I most certainly enjoyed taking pictures of them and seeing them in person. I will be posting my pictures within the next couple days.I am already looking forward to next year ! I vote for the same location. I was very happy with the hotel and the park was perfect (especially since we grabbed the shaded spots ). Back to my normal boring life with nothing to look forward to .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tpollauf »

Like all the others who posted on the HUGE success of this meet, I too had a blast. The next meet we may have to secure a few more 09/10 GT's ... Especially if they are RED There just weren't enough RED Vibes at this meet
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Maybe by then, we'll find someone who will make some hoods or body panels or SOMETHING so we can all look different! Then again mine was an oddball anyway.
vibenvy

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

I couldn't agree more Tim! Some more red '09-'10 GTs would have been nice. There just weren't enough LOL !
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Jackie it was great meeting and chatting with you in person . I think sometime in the fall you and I should meet up in Cahokia, IL (really close to your neck of the woods) where they have a white '09 Vibe GT squad car . I have been wanting to go down there and get some pictures with the squad car! I think that would be so cool !Sounds great! Yeah, Cahokia is not far from me at all...come on down and we can check out the Vibe police car...I'd be curious to see it in person myself!
enfield577

Re: (jackie879)

Post by enfield577 »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »Sounds great! Yeah, Cahokia is not far from me at all...come on down and we can check out the Vibe police car...I'd be curious to see it in person myself! I'm not actually too far from Cahokia myself ... it would be fun to see the Vibe squad car ... maybe get a ride in the back. Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I couldn't agree more Tim! Some more red '09-'10 GTs would have been nice. There just weren't enough LOL !There were enough for me to mistake Jackie's GT for Tim's GT, in the hotel parking lot at picture time. Great signature, Tim!
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
kostby

Post by kostby »

While we're making a 'Wish List' of models, colors, and accessories of the family Vibe we'd like for the next meet, here's mine:Envy Green (there was one leased in my town in '02-'04)Fusion Orange (Sunburst in Canada?)Wave BlueStealth Greya Vibe repainted in a non-factory coloran 03-06 GTsomeone with 03-08 factory 17" alloys09-10 AWDa 'factory' supercharger kit installedThey built well over over 250,000 Vibes... I KNOW they're out there! BTW It's probably time to start an incorporated Vibe collector's car club while most parts are still available, so 40 years from now we can host the RETRO-VIBE meet and attract 10,000 fans, like the 60's GTO folks do now

jkm311

Re: (kostby)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »Envy Green (there was one leased in my town in '02-'04)Funny you should mention this, Kirk. I took a back road I don't use too often by my house yesterday, and what should I see parked on the street? An Envy. Maybe I should politely place a flyer on the windshield?
Steelies to the rescue.
DeClerq

Re: (kostby)

Post by DeClerq »

Glad y'all had a good time. Wish I could have made it down. Would've tried to find a babysitter if I knew there wasn't going to be an orange Vibe there
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
audiovibe

Re: (DeClerq)

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by DeClerq »Glad y'all had a good time. Wish I could have made it down. Would've tried to find a babysitter if I knew there wasn't going to be an orange Vibe there You would have also been the only 11st gen on 17" alloys!!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

While at the park, did any Vibe's drive by that were giong swimming or to the golf course? I didn't really pay much attention since my back was to the road mostly.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

There was one that went by that was oblivious to our row of Vibes.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Sorry I missed the get together,looks like it was a great time
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

haha, i could understand missing us if there were 2 or 3 but 15 Vibes!?!?! Kinda surprised there was only one that drove by too
Wolfman213

Re: (TONY TAT2)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by TONY TAT2 »Sorry I missed the get together,looks like it was a great timeI'm a rather anti-social and introverted person and I even had a great time!!
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

My biggest Meet regret was not asking more questions about headlight mods. I am so clueless on this topic, but the heat and humidity were getting to me. I couldn't focus on my intentions!
Steelies to the rescue.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Ask away! it may not be an in person answer, but it will still be an answer nonetheless lol. Off the top of my head, I think me, Psycho, and scherry had done something to the headlights. My biggest regret was leaving so early after dinner I never got to see anyone's in-car LED mods. I think someone else had changed their gauge cluster lighting, but not sure and I'm sure out of all of us, someone else done interior LED work.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Not to lean too far away from this being a Meet thread, but I was going to ask people's opinions of whether they like doing:1. A projector conversion2. Or upgrading to brighter, whiter "standard" bulbsI am CLUELESS about wiring (upgrading wires to handle load/heat), ballasts, and the differences in all the numbers associated with color, brightness, etc. I know there is a crazy eBay listing craze of cheap projector hardware, and the whole thing intimidates me! I don't know what is quality, and what is eBay listers in different countries trying to make a quick buck.I think I just want to get brighter, whiter bulbs, but I hate the bluish tint color on a lot of bulb sets. I did searches on here on the subject, and I was beginning to understand the differences in the "numbers," but I got too flustered trying to get it all down. All I know is I don't want "blue" bulbs. No offense, David, I know you like blue, but you did it the right way (IMO) with halos around projectors (and other accents). A true blue is what you achieved. Not the cheaper, aftermarket "plug-n-play bulb blue." I think Tim (H.O.B) had nice whiter bulbs, but I might be mistaken. I swore I saw ballasts he had mounted in the engine bay, but that might have been his blue under-accents, not a projector setup. In fact, I'm pretty darn sure he has bulbs. He was messing with them in the Buca lot.So, long story short (too late), I have lots-o-questions, and you all have plenty-o-answers, considering a lot of the Meet attendees had different light mods going on. Just wish I would have spoken up. Hind sight is 20/20.
Steelies to the rescue.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 » My biggest regret was leaving so early after dinner I never got to see anyone's in-car LED mods. I totally agree with you. The photo shoot at the hotel was awesome and it was just beginning to get dark, then we all ate at the restaurant, then we all parted our separate ways. Nobody had the time to look at all the "night time" effects up close and in person. It would have been nice to see the Vibes that were mod'd then compare it to the identical Vibe stock. I know when our four RED 09 vibes were lined up with healights on, you could clearly see the difference in Jackie's HID bulbs over our stock ones. Comparisons such as this are what we need to focus on & take advantage of when the Vibes are all together. Well, at least we'll have a better idea at the next Vibe meet
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Not to lean too far away from this being a Meet threadGo ahead and start a question thread about it and with the knowledge of all of the members (I'm sure some ignore the Indy thread lol) checking it out, we can get all of your questions answered to a "T".Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Comparisons such as this are what we need to focus on & take advantage of when the Vibes are all together. Well, at least we'll have a better idea at the next Vibe meet Not just modded vs stock, but also seeing the "same" mod from someone else perspective is beneficial as well. They may have placed things better or had a better way of wiring of other small things that you can really only see in person vs pics.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Well, at least we'll have a better idea at the next Vibe meet I know this meet will guide the next, for sure. I wouldn't mind having the next one in April/May, or Sept/Oct. – just for everyone's comfort level. Warm weather is nice, but I suppose mid-July was a goof on my part. It wasn't oppressive last week, but I'd get a bigger kick outta being in jeans and a hoodie checking out Vibes vs. sweating buckets.
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

The one we had in Chicago in April was a good temperature (unseasonably warm but a bit windy) but I think September might be a better bet for warmth and sunniness. We're going to do a mini-meet up here in Chicago in Sept/Oct this year so we'll let you know how that goes, weather-wise! (or you can drive out to attend it )I love heat and all, but my Vibe shirt is a 3/4 sleeve and I want to wear it again!
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Ask away! it may not be an in person answer, but it will still be an answer nonetheless lol. Off the top of my head, I think me, Psycho, and scherry had done something to the headlights. My biggest regret was leaving so early after dinner I never got to see anyone's in-car LED mods. I think someone else had changed their gauge cluster lighting, but not sure and I'm sure out of all of us, someone else done interior LED work.I had the gauge cluster swapped out, exterior lighting, and interior lighting.
Wolfman213

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »I had the gauge cluster swapped out, exterior lighting, and interior lighting.I seen the exterior which i thought looked really nice. What scheme did you go with on your gauges? I have all my numbers in blue and the dummy lights various different colors. I'm thinking about taking it back out and mixing some green or orange with the blue. The green I know would look fine, but I'm unsure of the orange bc I don't know how well they will bleed together.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I think I just want to get brighter, whiter bulbs, but I hate the bluish tint color on a lot of bulb sets. I did searches on here on the subject, and I was beginning to understand the differences in the "numbers," but I got too flustered trying to get it all down. All I know is I don't want "blue" bulbs. No offense, David, I know you like blue, but you did it the right way (IMO) with halos around projectors (and other accents). A true blue is what you achieved. Not the cheaper, aftermarket "plug-n-play bulb blue." I think Tim (H.O.B) had nice whiter bulbs, but I might be mistaken. I swore I saw ballasts he had mounted in the engine bay, but that might have been his blue under-accents, not a projector setup. In fact, I'm pretty darn sure he has bulbs. He was messing with them in the Buca lot.John, Tim has DDM Tuning HIDs in his headlights and fog lights. I had Silver Star bulbs in our (mine and my mom's) fog lights and low and high beams and I was happy with them. They are a very nice bright white, not blue at all (I can't stand the blue tint that so many lights have either). They're not very popular around here (GV), but we had good luck with them. They lasted for well over a year without burning out. I am thinking about getting them again soon actually. FYI... if you do decide to get some Silver Stars, order them on eBay. They are about half the price of what you'd pay at Auto Zone, Walmart, etc.Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I totally agree with you. The photo shoot at the hotel was awesome and it was just beginning to get dark, then we all ate at the restaurant, then we all parted our separate ways. Nobody had the time to look at all the "night time" effects up close and in person. It would have been nice to see the Vibes that were mod'd then compare it to the identical Vibe stock.Well, the problem after dinner was that it was lightning big time . I am sad that I didn't get to take you, Jackie, Geoff and anyone else that wanted to go, for a ride to hear the intake . I will just have to try and convert you three over the internet until the next meet I guess .Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I wouldn't mind having the next one in April/May, or Sept/Oct. – just for everyone's comfort level. Warm weather is nice, but I suppose mid-July was a goof on my part. It wasn't oppressive last week, but I'd get a bigger kick outta being in jeans and a hoodie checking out Vibes vs. sweating buckets. I agree. The spring or fall would be much better for the next meet. I know all of us felt so gross even though we were just sitting/standing around not really doing much physical activity. I am very glad I had a room to go back to and shower in. I felt bad for those who didn't have rooms to shower in before dinner .Also, my pictures are finally up!
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

I am still sooooooooo bummed that i wasn't able to make it, but def appreciate all the pics being posted maybe i'll get to make it for the next one, that's if my hubby dont deploy again within the next couple of months
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (HarleyQuinn)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I really hate that I got there so late Friday Night!My bro ended up having to work later than anticipated and that set us back about 4 hours.Plus having to erplace a tire Thursday set my funds back horribly So that's why I had to bail on go-karts and BucaWe had to do cheap pizza and bought cheap beer from wal-mart up there.Next time I'll try REALLY hard to be able to participate in all the group stuff Sorry folks
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

No worries man, those things happen. I had to bail on go-karts as well. But cheap pizza and cheap beer, that's the heart of a road trip isn't it!?!