COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
BlueCrush

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Take your pic lol WTHR/NBC^ I pick this one. (ps - page 25 ownage )
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

lol, now if we can get a petition going quick enough to get them to keep that forecast and tell all the other stations to abide by it, then we'll be set!!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »WTHR/NBCMe, too!And Weather.com is changing their tune now, as well!
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Re: (jkm311)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »There is a parking structure attached to the Radisson Hotel in The Fashion Mall at the northwest corner of 86th & Keystone.There she be, highlighted in red below, next to the Benihana:Just in case the weather doesn't hold, could this be a good covered Meet locale? Everybody and their brother might be in this structure on a rainy Saturday in a busy shopping district, but it might work. Address of Benihana below, for lot vicinity reference and GPS units... 8830 Keystone CrossingIndianapolis, IN 46240-2110EDIT: This is 5 miles due West of Sahm Park, and it's on the Northeast corner of the 86th street and Keystone intersection.
Steelies to the rescue.
audiovibe

Re: (kostby)

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »If you are 'likely' to come, please send me your car info by Thursday, so I can get the data sheets printed ahead of time. I'll bring my computer & printer to do some on-site for the 'may-bes' who do make it.Please submit the following information in a text, rtf, or Microsoft Word (any version) document, one item below per line, to my user-linked email address, or IM me at my user-linked IM to preserve confidentiality of your info.1. GenVibe screen name2. First Name3. Last Name4. Hometown5. Car Year6. Car Make7. Car Model ( e.g. Vibe Base, AWD, GT)8. Engine Size (for 2009-2010 1.8 or 2.4)9. Current Mods (or 'none')10. Future/Planned Mods (or 'none')NOTE that I'm NOT asking you to submit email address or other specific contact information. While you might want to share it with other GenVibers, you might NOT want that info on display with your car at a public park.Here's the original post in 'Events' -->http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=41349So far, I have car 'data sheets' from the following GenVibersAPsychoMartyr - Brandon Gray [EDIT] missing from the list when I posted an hour ago.BlueCrush - Brian LarsonDaveG - Dave Gableenfield577 - Geoff WaldenHouse Of Bugs - Timothy HooglandJ_TO_ENVY - Carrie Bachmanjkm311 - John MacRitchiekostby & HoosierMan619 - Kirk Ostby & Eric Ostbyponta2147 - Michelle SchulpScherry2 - Sheldon CherryTpollauf - Timothy PollaufWolfman213 - David BentleyWonder what happened to my e-mail, oh well commin at ya again.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
jkm311

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by jkm311 »

Seeing everybody's real names gave me a funny thought. I know screen names so much more. Past topics, current discussions, etc. I'm laughing at the possibility of ONLY remembering screen names, and yelling them out in a loud restaurant/bar. Ha! People will think we're such nerds if I can't get everyone's real names right! "Hey... you and you! Enfield 5-7-7! Wolfman 2-1-3 Er, Geoff and... and David... the table's ready!
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I do that! Mostly when I'm talking to Chris about the Chicago people he met at the meet, especially if he has other friends by the same name.BTW I called Buca and their large group coordinator is not in until Thursday, so I'll have to call them back. They were very interested so if we decide to have it there, it will be a breeze for a large group, especially if we preorder a party package and just divide up the cost evenly between whoever shows up. I estimated about 20 people, since some people won't come, and some people will bring someone.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
jkm311

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by jkm311 »

Cool. Thanks for doing that. I'm surprised they only have a group person on certain days, seeing that they mostly serve, you know... groups.
Steelies to the rescue.
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

>> Been working on my cheat sheet already. Geoff
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
jkm311

Re: (enfield577)

Post by jkm311 »

I nearly friended everyone I could find on Facebook, just to get a head start! I'll let the whole experience be a LITTLE more organic than that.
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

So, after dinner... anybody down for Dave & Busters? Thank AKLGT for the suggestion in Chat Night! Thought I would pick her brain, since she was a big part of the big meets a few years back.Ridiculously close to Sahm, Quality Inn, and the covered garage at Keystone & 86th street in case of rain. Thoughts? Opinions?
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I am down for Dave & Buster's. I am down to eat wherever on Saturday night. I am down to head to the parking garage if it's raining. I am down for whatever ! Oh... and I'm a party of 1.I think screaming screen names across a busy restaurant would be fun ! A cheat sheet is a good idea!You didn't send me a friend request on FB John . I'll send you one !Glad to see we have two more '09 GTs coming (enfield557 & Dave G)!!!On a bit of a side note, the Chicagoland caravibe will now be leaving at 3:00 instead of 3:30 - 4:00! That should put us at the Quality Inn (hopefully) by 8:00 et at the lastest.Detailed the interior today. Checking the fluids, tires, etc. in a bit. Getting gas tomorrow and getting everything packed into the Vibe on Thursday evening. I can barely contain my excitement!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

We'd love Dave & Busters! I believe that's really close to Buca as well, since Buca is at the mall shopping area. I'll keep everyone updated on dinner once I call back on Thursday.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
kostby

Post by kostby »

Yeah, I remember that from the two Fenton MI Genvibe meets we attended...I'm including screen names and 'real' names on the nametags and car data sheets.Screen names first!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Just realized that the way I linked those pics, they are updating!!! jmk311: If you want to copy one of those images to the first entry, we can have an updated forecast till the day of!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Just realized that the way I linked those pics, they are updating!!! jmk311: If you want to copy one of those images to the first entry, we can have an updated forecast till the day of!That's cool! Good Idea!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Just realized that the way I linked those pics, they are updating!!! jmk311: If you want to copy one of those images to the first entry, we can have an updated forecast till the day of!Done and done! That is so dang cool. I'm a nerd for weather if you can't tell... Forecast I chose is TV13 NBC.
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Instant Message?

Post by jkm311 »

Someone PM'ed me since last night and into this morning. It wasn't yours Michelle, I was able to read that (unless you sent two). There was another that my work computer did not allow me to read. Please resend, whomever you may be. Thanks!
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Re: Instant Message? (jkm311)

Post by BlueCrush »

Wasn't me, but I did just IM you about 5-10 minutes ago.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Re: Instant Message? (BlueCrush)

Post by jkm311 »

If Dave & Busters isn't your cup of tea... and you have a need for speed:http://www.fastimesindoorkarting.com/This place is very close to all other points of our interests:I called, and they have open racing from 9 p.m. - 11 p.m. on Saturday and no private parties scheduled. I figured dinner at 8, check out some Vibe LEDs in the parking lot afterward, then D&Bs/Fast Times. It's kind of expensive ($20/8-minute race on 40 MPH indoor karts), but their carts are quick, they serve food and beverages, and you get to wear the whole racing suit regalia when you ride. Check out the FAQ page, and the video page. There's a YouTube vid with some dork, but you get to see the amenities. Closed-toe shoes are a must, FYI.Just throwing out all the activities I can find that tap into the spirit of the meet. I know not everybody will want to go to every place we've kicked around, so trying to provide some sort of variety.
Steelies to the rescue.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Here's a Youtube video from a helmet-cam. The lighting is horrible, but you get a feel of the speed and the track. It is two-levels, so you turn both right and left, and go uphill and downhill. Track record is about 22 seconds, ON AN EMPTY TRACK. These laps are ~27 seconds. I've been there for a corporate event, but never raced. Interesting trivia - used to be handball courts when originally opened. It's in the southeast corner of the area 'behind' Butler Toyota at 96th & Keystone.http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=...lated

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
jkm311

Re: (kostby)

Post by jkm311 »

Changed my mind. $20 is cheap!
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Changed my mind. $20 is cheap! I was thinking the exact same thing after seeing the video...hahahah!!!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

The cool thing is, after we eat and check out the LEDs in people's rides, it'll be after 9, for sure. If this race is 8 minutes or less, we could technically show up at 9:30-9:45 and not be rushed to race before 11 p.m. It doesn't look like they allow more than 4-5 riders at a time, so it might take any interested GenVibers a couple races to be accommodated, depending on how many of us are interested in going.According to Dave & Busters site, the Castleton location is open 'til 1 a.m., so if people want to go directly there, cool. And the people that go to Fast Times can join up later. Or, we might find out EVERYBODY wants to race!!!
Steelies to the rescue.
mswvibe

Post by mswvibe »

ill be joining in the meet. so count me in. ill be there saturday morning and leaving that same night. cant wait to meet all you for the first time and get to be with people that have the same love for a car as i do.
BlueCrush

Re: (mswvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by mswvibe »ill be joining in the meet. so count me in. ill be there saturday morning and leaving that same night. cant wait to meet all you for the first time and get to be with people that have the same love for a car as i do.Sweet! Look forward to seeing your newly painted baby! (ps - page 26 ownage )
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by mswvibe »ill be joining in the meet. so count me in. ill be there saturday morning and leaving that same night. cant wait to meet all you for the first time and get to be with people that have the same love for a car as i do.You're on the illustrious list and have a PM from me, sir.Updated list:7/15/10jkm311 (Royal Oak, Michigan: Staying with family Friday, Saturday)tpollauf (Toledo, Ohio:Wolfman213 (Anderson, Indiana:ponta2147 (Palatine, Illinois: Quality InnJ_TO_ENVY (Sandwich, Illinois: Quality InnKevzaz (Drums, Pennsylvania:Russiaville (Russiaville, Indiana:PsychoMartyr (Cullman, Alabama:audiovibe (City?, Illinois: Quality Innhouseofbugs (Alsip, Illinois: Quality Innkotsby (Lebanon, Indiana:lifes tuff (Frankfort, Indiana:LavaIlliniVibe (City?, Illinois:BlueCrush (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Quality InnB14CK_H4WK (T-burg, Ohio:HarleyQuinn (Killeen, Texas: Quality InnMr Magoo (Franklin, Indiana:jackie879 (St. Louis, Missouri:scherry2 (Unlisted?:enfield577 (Elizabethtown, Kentucky)DaveG (Indianapolis, Indiana)areles (Portland, Indiana)mswvibe (St. John, Indiana)midnightthunder89 (a "maybe") (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan:cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe") (Comstock Park, Michigan:
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »(ps - page 26 ownage )Nearly 12,000 views and a GUARANTEED 650 posts by the time the sun rises on Saturday. Amazing!Can't say enough about the added members joining our shindig these past few days. GenVibe FTW! Had to be the addition of the Go Kart racing.
Steelies to the rescue.
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

If anyone has disabled their AHLs in an '09-'10 by pulling the socket from the connector - not by cutting the wires - I could sure use some on-site advice on that on Saturday. There must be some trick, or a very special tool, to get that socket to release back out of the connector. I'm not into cutting wires on this car (want to keep it "original").See you all in Indy!Geoff
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »You're on the illustrious list and have a PM from me, sir.Updated list:7/14/10jkm311 (Royal Oak, Michigan: Staying with family Friday, Saturday)tpollauf (Toledo, Ohio:Wolfman213 (Anderson, Indiana:ponta2147 (Palatine, Illinois: Quality InnJ_TO_ENVY (Sandwich, Illinois: Quality InnKevzaz (Drums, Pennsylvania:Russiaville (Russiaville, Indiana:PsychoMartyr (Cullman, Alabama:audiovibe (City?, Illinois: Quality Innhouseofbugs (Alsip, Illinois: Quality Innkotsby (Lebanon, Indiana:lifes tuff (Frankfort, Indiana:LavaIlliniVibe (City?, Illinois:BlueCrush (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Quality InnB14CK_H4WK (T-burg, Ohio:HarleyQuinn (Killeen, Texas: Quality InnMr Magoo (Franklin, Indiana:jackie879 (St. Louis, Missouri:scherry2 (Unlisted?:enfield577 (Elizabethtown, Kentucky)DaveG (Indianapolis, Indiana)areles (Portland, Indiana)mswvibe (St. John, Indiana)midnightthunder89 (a "maybe") (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan:ramenboy... (a "maybe") (Chicago, Illinois:cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe") (Comstock Park, Michigan:Wow! We could possibly have 25 Vibes in attendance. Sweet!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I wouldn't mind going to Dave & Buster's and/or Fast Times (At Ridgemont High ), but I will probably just hang out and watch as money is seeming like it's going to be pretty tight this weekend . Glad to see we have more people joining last minute. This gives me hope that a few people might show up unannounced too which would be a great surprise.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

guys, i tried, but this weekend isn't gonna cut it. damn!!!!! this is going to be one helluva meet. take lots of pics!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
BlueCrush

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »guys, i tried, but this weekend isn't gonna cut it. damn!!!!! this is going to be one helluva meet. take lots of pics! Bummer!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

man i know. it'll be a kick *** time. go vibe!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Friday better come soon! I am gettin blue tires.
tpollauf

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I wouldn't mind going to Dave & Buster's and/or Fast Times (At Ridgemont High ), but I will probably just hang out and watch as money is seeming like it's going to be pretty tight this weekend . We'll make evening plans early on while at the park where we all will be. In the event of a few who are on a tight budget, don't let that stop you from enjoying a nice dinner and additional conversation. I personally will gladly help out some fellow Vibers with a meal and or drink. As the father of only one son, I could temporarily adopt a few of you young pups for the day (I never got the daughter I always wanted ), and SPOIL you There will be too much to do in little time and I will be enjoying every minute of it!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 » Had to be the addition of the Go Kart racing. Nope !!! It's all the 09/10 Vibes that finally have a place in this meet . Also, had the Pontiac line NOT been dumped, I may not have become a member of this OR the G8 GT forums. I now have no regrets at all. After all, this is what we live for
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jkm311

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »guys, i tried, but this weekend isn't gonna cut it. damn!!!!! this is going to be one helluva meet. take lots of pics! Sorry, Jerome. Maybe the next meet will be going on when things aren't too hectic for ya. And you KNOW pics/vid will be plentiful. It might take en entirely new thread to handle it all!
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Updated list:7/15/10jkm311 (Royal Oak, Michigan: Staying with family Friday, Saturday)tpollauf (Toledo, Ohio)Wolfman213 (Anderson, Indiana)ponta2147 (Palatine, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)J_TO_ENVY (Sandwich, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)Kevzaz (Drums, Pennsylvania)Russiaville (Russiaville, Indiana)PsychoMartyr (Cullman, Alabama: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)audiovibe (City?, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday)houseofbugs (Alsip, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)kostby (Lebanon, Indiana)lifes tuff (Frankfort, Indiana)LavaIlliniVibe (City?, Illinois)BlueCrush (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)B14CK_H4WK (T-burg, Ohio)HarleyQuinn (Killeen, Texas: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)Mr Magoo (Franklin, Indiana)jackie879 (St. Louis, Missouri: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)scherry2 (Unlisted?)enfield577 (Elizabethtown, Kentucky)DaveG (Indianapolis, Indiana)areles (Portland, Indiana)mswvibe (St. John, Indiana)midnightthunder89 (a "maybe") (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan)cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe") (Comstock Park, Michigan)
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ok, we are confirmed for the Castleton Square Buca di Beppo at 8pm, I just have to call back this evening and arrange the menu (I'm doing one of the party package family style menus, it's way easier for large groups, don't worry I'm really good at picking variety for different people's tastes). It's under my name and also under GenVibe (figured that would be easier for people to remember!) and I said it would be about 20 people at dinner (if it looks like it will be more, I'll call them and let them know). The price will be a flat fee that I'll cover on the credit card and then depending on how many people come to dinner, we'll split it evenly! Buca di BeppoIndianapolis, IN - 6045 E. 86th Street http://maps.google.com/maps?oe...loc=A
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

awesome!!!! Thanks for taking care of the food side of things ponta!!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »awesome!!!! Thanks for taking care of the food side of things ponta!!x2
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
mswvibe

Post by mswvibe »

hey, i wanted to be 100% sure. is the meet going to be at the park closest to costco or the one right by east 91st St
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Honestly, I'm not sure. I haven't paid too much attention to the surroundings only bc I already know where it's at. But looking on Mapquest, regardless of which Saint John you are from (Warrick or Lake County), I'm assuming you will be taking the 465 loop. Just hop on 69 N turn left on 96th. 4th light turn left. Follow to the next stop. Turn right drive till ya see all the Vibe's
mswvibe

Post by mswvibe »

yeah i know how to get there and all. i was just checking to see which parking lot it was going to be at. cause i see two of them one by a pool and one closer to the golf club area.
BenSeese

Post by BenSeese »

Hey guys, newb intro here. My wife & I might be able to come down from MI to show off her less-than-a-week-old '07 Vibe. It's a base with just about all of the add-ons (which the dealership seems to have forgotten to charge us for ). Here's the video of her drive off the lot:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMzhL1ULhzI(sorry for terrible soundtrack - her choice)I'm a photographer by trade, and I'd love to be able to trade that service for your technical help with what mods we should be looking at (AUX IN will of course be the 1st).Reg info IM'd to kostby.
BlueCrush

Re: (BenSeese)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by BenSeese »Hey guys, newb intro here. My wife & I might be able to come down from MI to show off her less-than-a-week-old '07 Vibe. It's a base with just about all of the add-ons (which the dealership seems to have forgotten to charge us for ). Here's the video of her drive off the lot:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMzhL1ULhzI(sorry for terrible soundtrack - her choice)I'm a photographer by trade, and I'd love to be able to trade that service for your technical help with what mods we should be looking at (AUX IN will of course be the 1st).Reg info IM'd to kostby.Awesome!! Welcome to GenVibe!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Re: (BenSeese)

Post by jkm311 »

"Perfect, shiny, and new!" Awesome. Glad you "might" be coming. I'll put you guys on the list! Thanks for sending your info to Kirk. Have you been tracking everywhere we'll be on Friday/Saturday? This JUMBO thread must be intimidating to people just making the decision to drive to Indy!
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Updated list:7/15/10 Take 2...jkm311 (Royal Oak, Michigan: Staying with family Friday, Saturday)tpollauf (Toledo, Ohio)Wolfman213 (Anderson, Indiana)ponta2147 (Palatine, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)J_TO_ENVY (Sandwich, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)Kevzaz (Drums, Pennsylvania)Russiaville (Russiaville, Indiana)PsychoMartyr (Cullman, Alabama: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)audiovibe (City?, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday)houseofbugs (Alsip, Illinois: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)kostby (Lebanon, Indiana)lifes tuff (Frankfort, Indiana)LavaIlliniVibe (City?, Illinois)BlueCrush (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)B14CK_H4WK (T-burg, Ohio)HarleyQuinn (Killeen, Texas: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)Mr Magoo (Franklin, Indiana)jackie879 (St. Louis, Missouri: Quality Inn Friday/Saturday)scherry2 (Unlisted?)enfield577 (Elizabethtown, Kentucky)DaveG (Indianapolis, Indiana)areles (Portland, Indiana)mswvibe (St. John, Indiana)BenSeese & Amber ("maybes") (Whitmore Lake, Michigan)midnightthunder89 (a "maybe") (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan)cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe") (Comstock Park, Michigan)
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Re: (mswvibe)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by mswvibe »i was just checking to see which parking lot it was going to be at. cause i see two of them one by a pool and one closer to the golf club area.The lot to the south that is very close to Costco is very open (read = very hot, not shaded). Back when the park was being "chosen" earlier in this thread, we came to an agreement that we would do our best to secure a row of parking in the northern lot by the golf course. There are trees, and picnic areas with some shade. Plus, with how truly warm it will be Saturday, I'm hoping most families will park in the southern lot and go to the water park. Might be wishful thinking, but I was hoping we could have PARTIAL shade at least. Some of us are planning on getting to the park earlier than 2 p.m. EASTERN and trying to do a "land grab" in the northern lot. Anyone else want to volunteer? I can be there whenever on Saturday to do just that. Wish I had some parking cones... Also, I have a few cell numbers from peeps. Anyone else want to share theirs with me? Trying to have a small list of numbers so I can inform people if something comes up/changes. At this point, it doesn't look like rain will be a problem, so our parking structure locale will most likely not be needed. And... whoa! Did anyone notice Weather.com has a new Beta setup? Sorry: weather nerd.
Steelies to the rescue.