COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I am down for whatever hotel, don't really matter to me. every year I go to the MN meet I always say I am getting a hotel so I don't have to make the 7hr trek home but never do. If the other Illinoisns are staying som am I.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
vibenvy

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »*sneaks away*Thanks for doing that for us Michelle!Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »That is so Cute Very similar to HawaiiPontiacLover who is about to pop any day now and then the baby will have crossed the finish line I agree! I can't wait 'til HawaiiPontiacLover has her baby! I wonder if the baby will drive a Vibe when he/she turns 16 ?!Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I'm about 90% sure I will not be staying at a hotel. However, people have been wondering about them, so I checked out some reviews on Castleton locations (barely even 1 mile south from Sahms Park). A lot of the hotels I seem to be finding are nice and new looking:Drury Inns & Suites seems to be the most value for the dollar ($109/night). And it looks practically brand new and very nice:Drury Inn & Suites Northeast 8180 North Shadeland Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46250-2045(317) 849-8900https://wwws.druryhotels.com/P...=0145Not sure what most of our out-of-towners were considering for a hotel, but it seems like nothing is locked in just yet. Hope this helps. And there are a BUNCH of hotels in the same area I looked. If you look up the park on Google, then search within those results for hotels, you'll see a dozen pop up less than a mile south from the park. Plus, Castleton has a great shopping area, things to do, etc.I'm cheap and would like to spend right around $100.00 for two nights, not for just one . Seriously though, back a few pages someone mentioned the Days Inn being the best bet price-wise. Typically as long as the area is fine, which people have confirmed it is, as long as you stay with a chain hotel/motel, you'll be fine. I just stayed at a Super 8 in the Wisconsin Dells and with advance booking online, it was only $45.00 a night! It was fine quality-wise (minus all the Ricers that were staying there ). Once again, let me stress how cool it would be if everyone who's staying over Friday and/or Saturday night stays at the same place. Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I've heard good things about Drury from my Indiana-based friends, but I don't really care where we stay as long as I don't get mugged on a street corner. I'll be booking a hotel wherever people decide to... maybe with the Chicagolanders.I agree. Locals have confirmed the area is fine in previous posts, so it's simply a matter of where everyone wants to stay now. I really don't care, but the cheaper the better preferrably (not like $19.95 a night cheap [ewwww!], but around $50.00 a night would be good).Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Nice! Between you, JtoE and I, the word will sufficiently get around! Even after I commented on 4,600 views on Monday, we've had over 500 more views since then!I updated mine as well !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Generally, everything in the Choice Hotels chain (comfort inn, quality inn, etc) is good and inexpensive... and I am totally not biased because I have points there at all
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
jkm311

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Generally, everything in the Choice Hotels chain (comfort inn, quality inn, etc) is good and inexpensive... and I am totally not biased because I have points there at all Ding! Ding! This newly renovated Quality Inn is even CLOSER to the park than the Drury Inns & Suites:Quality Inn‎8325 Bash Street, Indianapolis, IN 46250Build up those points in June, Michelle!
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Generally, everything in the Choice Hotels chain (comfort inn, quality inn, etc) is good and inexpensive... and I am totally not biased because I have points there at all Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Ding! Ding! This newly renovated Quality Inn is even CLOSER to the park than the Drury Inns & Suites:Quality Inný8325 Bash Street, Indianapolis, IN 46250Build up those points in June, Michelle! The Quality Inn would be fine with me. Their rooms start at $59.99 a night.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

sounds good to me. I'm waiting on stocks to go up at walmart so I can sell em all and spend it on my deserving Vibe! SO the less I spend the better
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

If you want, I can call to reserve a block of rooms, like they do at weddings, maybe there will even be a discount. Then if people want to stay they just call and reference that group.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Go for it Michelle! It's certainly worth a try. Maybe you could get them down to $49.99 a night !
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Thanks, Michelle! Let us know what they have to say, and ask them if we can have our own Vibe wing!
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Haha, nice guys. I'll give them a call. How many rooms do you think to start? 10? I suppose we could stop there on our way back up from Tell City since we'll pass right through Indy (on the road right now actually) but I'm afraid to go anywhere into Indy today due to the chaos from the race.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I am thinking 10 might be a little too high. Maybe 5?
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Well, I'll see what their policy is in terms of number of rooms. I'll try to give them a call later.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I am bringing us back up; have any of the Illinoisans made a preference between leaving Friday eve or Saturday morn?
vibenvy

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »I am bringing us back up; have any of the Illinoisans made a preference between leaving Friday eve or Saturday morn?I believe Michelle (Chris) and I are in agreement that we would prefer to leave Friday afternoon/evening so we wouldn't have to rush around Saturday morning when we get there. Arriving Friday evening/night would give us more time to clean the Vibes (in the dark if it's hot which would be nice) and possibly do an Illinois Vibe dinner somewhere together or something.What's your take Aron? Any preference?Also, I am going to sit down tonight and try to figure out a place where we could all meet up to drive to Indy together...
HarleyQuinn

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (jkm311)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

I would love to go to this but 900 miles wow bummer maybe something closer to texas would be nice, I would love to get to know all of ya'll
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I believe Michelle (Chris) and I are in agreement that we would prefer to leave Friday afternoon/evening so we wouldn't have to rush around Saturday morning when we get there. Arriving Friday evening/night would give us more time to clean the Vibes (in the dark if it's hot which would be nice) and possibly do an Illinois Vibe dinner somewhere together or something.What's your take Aron? Any preference?Also, I am going to sit down tonight and try to figure out a place where we could all meet up to drive to Indy together...I can make Friday work, I probably can't duck out of work until 2-2:30 but if you guys are leaving Friday count me in!
Wolfman213

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (HarleyQuinn)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »I would love to go to this but 900 miles wow bummer maybe something closer to texas would be nice, I would love to get to know all of ya'll Psycho's coming from Alabama... Maybe you should take to top slot away from him as far as longest drive goes lol What would Harley do? Well prob either hijack a plane or force someone at gunpoint to get her here, but you know she'd make it
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Well, I'll see what their policy is in terms of number of rooms. I'll try to give them a call later.Any word from the Quality Inn, Michelle?
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Any word from the Quality Inn, Michelle?Haven't gotten to yet... I'll call today and post.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Submitted a group request form online... From the looks of things, there would be a slight discount but we need a minimum of 10 rooms/people. If we could get a list going of the number of rooms we would need that would be helpful, to see if this is worth pursuing. If we get 10 then I'll go for it, if not then we should just book independently. As of right now, they do have the rooms available. I would be reserving rooms with a single king bed.Link to hotel (map shows it's extremely close to the park)http://www.qualityinn.com/hote...hild5=1. ponta2147+husband2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.
HarleyQuinn

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (Wolfman213)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Lol that is true what would Harley do?!? Trust me i'm thinking of going its more of that i probably need 2 days just to get there, but if i could hijack a plane i'm there, any ideas how??
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Submitted a group request form online... From the looks of things, there would be a slight discount but we need a minimum of 10 rooms/people. If we could get a list going of the number of rooms we would need that would be helpful, to see if this is worth pursuing. If we get 10 then I'll go for it, if not then we should just book independently. As of right now, they do have the rooms available. I would be reserving rooms with a single king bed.Link to hotel (map shows it's extremely close to the park)http://www.qualityinn.com/hote...hild5=1. ponta2147+husband2. BlueCrush3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Mike's Car Wash locations close to Quality Inn and Sahm's Park

Post by jkm311 »

Thanks for getting the room block going, Michelle! Another essential component to the location of the Quality Inn is its proximity to Mike's Car Wash locations (one of the best car wash chains in the Indy area). I did a search and found 2 separate locations, both only 1 to 2 miles from the hotel and park. Notice Sahm's Park is dead-center, with the yellow tab being the Quality Inn hotel, and the car wash locales in red. Check it out:One thing I do not remember about Mike's is if they have a touchless option. I know a lot of us prefer to hand wash our Vibes. I am sure there are coin-operated manual "spray bay" locations close, but if you are pressed for time, Mike's does a good job. They are moderately priced, depending on how much you want them to do.
Steelies to the rescue.
audiovibe

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »1. ponta2147+husband2. BlueCrush3. Audiovibe4.5.6.7.8.9.10.
BlueCrush

Re: Mike's Car Wash locations close to Quality Inn and Sahm's Park (jkm311)

Post by BlueCrush »

According to http://www.mikescarwash.com/de...polis the "A" location on your map has wash bays to wash your own Vibe as well as their express wash packages. Click on #10 on Mike's Indy map to bring up a satellite view.#1096th StreetAt I-69317-849-4244Wash Bays and Vacuum Islands Avaliable.EDIT: Fiks'd(ps - page 14 ownage )
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

lol, I was going to quote that and say that's where my Vibe gets the dirtiest, but since it's censored, maybe you should remove an S
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Toasted7

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Toasted7 »

Haha! It wasn't censored when I got the email on it, that's why I was going to log in and make a comment about it.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Yeah, that's how I knew what is said lol
BlueCrush

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (Wolfman213)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Psycho's coming from Alabama... Maybe you should take to top slot away from him as far as longest drive goes lol
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Him or you?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

lol, fixed it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Him or you?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

ahh gotcha, didn't catch the arrow, remember us minions have little brains lol
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Hey, Wolfman. Based on this poorly labeled overhead of Sahm's, what parking lot seemed better than the other? A? B?Also, to the IMMEDIATE left/west of "Lot B" is a Costco. Random bit of info for the day...
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »I can make Friday work, I probably can't duck out of work until 2-2:30 but if you guys are leaving Friday count me in!I get off work at 2 so perhaps you and I could meet somewhere and than head out to meet up with everyone else. This weekend I am going to get the atlas out and try to get routes figured out.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Submitted a group request form online... From the looks of things, there would be a slight discount but we need a minimum of 10 rooms/people. If we could get a list going of the number of rooms we would need that would be helpful, to see if this is worth pursuing. If we get 10 then I'll go for it, if not then we should just book independently. As of right now, they do have the rooms available. I would be reserving rooms with a single king bed.Link to hotel (map shows it's extremely close to the park)http://www.qualityinn.com/hote...hild51. ponta2147+husband2. BlueCrush3. audiovibe4. J_TO_ENVY5.6.7.8.9.10.Thanks for getting this going for us Michelle! Added my name to the list!Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »According to http://www.mikescarwash.com/de...polis the "A" location on your map has wash bays to wash your own Vibe as well as their express wash packages. Click on #10 on Mike's Indy map to bring up a satellite view.#10 96th StreetAt I-69317-849-4244Wash Bays and Vacuum Islands Avaliable.Thank goodness! No one washes my baby but me. I will have to go there when it's not busy so I can handwash the Vibe .
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »No one washes my baby but me. I will have to go there when it's not busy so I can handwash the Vibe .Before the drive down to Indy, I'm sensing a couple good coats of wax on my hood, bumper, first few inches of the roof and back side of my mirrors will be in order! You know, to give me a chance to get rid of the bugs and whatnot.
Steelies to the rescue.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Blue painters tape is your friend!We, Scikotics, are having a "tape it up" party on Friday before we drive over to our event. The whole front end of my xB will be covered in painters tape. Makes things much easier when you get there... just take off the tape and you saved yourself all the pain of scrubbing off the bugs and getting beat up by rocks and such on the highway.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
jkm311

Re: (Toasted7)

Post by jkm311 »

I might as well stick a huge trash bag on the front! You know, a big black one that'll blend in with my Abyss paint. And by "blend in," I mean flap wildly in the wind at 80 MPH... for over 4 hours straight.
Steelies to the rescue.
HarleyQuinn

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (BlueCrush)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

ok guys so i checked and its actually 1071 miles 17hrs and 25 min so if i end up going (still debating) i'll have the last laugh so what do i win? lol
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

1. ponta2147+husband2. BlueCrush3. audiovibe4. J_TO_ENVY5. A Psycho Martyr6.7.8.9.10.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »ok guys so i checked and its actually 1071 miles 17hrs and 25 min so if i end up going (still debating) i'll have the last laugh so what do i win? lol Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »I've also got a freebie I'll be providing for all the first gen Vibes 8)Should be neatQuote, originally posted by jkm311 »I have one as well. As in, quantity: ONEHey, Brandon. I think I found who I might give my freebie to! The person that travels the most miles to get to the meet (and no doing laps around Indy on 465 to pump up your odo number!), will receive a fancy, schmancy little Vibe item from me. Fear not, it's not a bad Bill Cosby sweater or anything. Although, in the middle of July, that would be hilarious to give away. With an obligatory photo of the winner wearing said sweater:http://cosbytheory.com/
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »ok guys so i checked and its actually 1071 miles 17hrs and 25 min so if i end up going (still debating) i'll have the last laugh so what do i win? lol Golf Clap?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

From that particular overhead, B since A is more associated with the pool and parking will most likely be scattered all the way down it. Just north of A if the area with the shelters. That would probably be difficult getting all the Vibes lined up as well since it's just one long row of parking. So the best parking would def be B, however the more scenic would prob be north of A. If somehow we could manage A, then that would be nice bc we'd have a mix of trees and some of the athletic parts to the park.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Now, I'm confussed.... B? A? A? B? A? A?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Bueller? Bueller?
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

If I can, I will try to make this - but no promisesOn a side note, is that a golf course?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
jkm311

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »From that particular overhead, B since A is more associated with the pool and parking will most likely be scattered all the way down it.I was banking on "B" since it isn't as narrow as "A." (Sorry for the confusion, Brian!) More options. I'm not too worried, since I've noticed a handful of people plan on arriving before 2 p.m. to stake out the joint. For the scenery, it would nice if we could snag "A," though. I wonder if we should put together a cell phone list closer to the Meet Day so the early arrivers can let us know where they setup "camp GenVibe." Or, we can just look around for an inordinate number of Vibes parked together. And not to play devil's advocate, but... what if it rains? Should we also be discussing a contingency plan? Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »If I can, I will try to make this - but no promises. On a side note, is that a golf course? Can I put you down as "more than mildly interested," Michael? And, yes – those are links to the east.
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »And not to play devil's advocate, but... what if it rains? Should we also be discussing a contingency plan? Sit in our Vibes with FRS radios?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by jkm311 »

Shall I start a poll for what channel we use? I vote for 6.
Steelies to the rescue.