COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
jkm311

Re: (sgp2012)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by sgp2012 »i will not be able to attend. i have something going on that day. sorry guys. maybe next time. You've been reluctantly removed. You'll be there in spirit, and I get the feeling we'll more than cover off photos/video of the event for everyone to click through in the days following.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Reservation made!!Friday & Saturday Aron!?!Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Hmmmmm..... I say you GROUND your mom After all she probably grounded you several times when you were younger! Just have a boyfriend, girlfriend, neighbor, relative, etc.. HIJACK/KIDNAP your mom's GT Vibe and drive it on down with all the other Vibes She shouldn't miss it for a few days Just bring it back in the same condition as when it left (although the Vibe will be happier knowing it reunited with many of it's relatives) Believe me... she would come if she could. Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust anyone else driving hers or mine since they are a little "jumpy" which takes some getting used to. Perhaps I should just drive hers instead of mine .Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Wow. This really is turning into quite the meet After I break the news to my wife (haven't even mentioned it yet ) I find it will be difficult to meet/greet/show off all Vibe related stuff in a 4 - 6 hour time frame on Saturday. I just may have to spend the night also. Plus MANY of our mods (LED lighting, etc.) can ONLY be seen/appreciated at night, and that doesn't take place till 9pm or later! OOOOOOOOOO this is going to be a tough decision. I'll make that decision after the wife gets over the shock It's going to be a virtual '09 GT meet all on it's own . I definitely think you should stay over Saturday night! I'm sure the meet will carry over to the motel parking lot where everyone will continue to hang out, check out Vibes, etc. after dark.Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »You'll be there in spirit, and I get the feeling we'll more than cover off photos/video of the event for everyone to click through in the days following.Agreed! I just have a little point-n-shoot, but it does the job. I am actually going to pick up a little tripod to use so hopefully the pictures will turn out even better. I can already see the massive thread with all of our pictures, videos, etc. !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »You've been bumped to first class! Any chance of your folks rolling in the white GT, or are you trying to maintain the red GT presence only?! Unfortunately, the white GT probably won't be showing up this time. I'm going to be taking plenty of pics so hopefully that will convince them to go next year.
audiovibe

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by audiovibe »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Friday & Saturday Aron!?!Yes, I am pumped!!!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i'm actually trying to figure out how i can make it and get back in the same day. might be interesting. door locks be damned.
None. Vibe is gone.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Reservation made!!How much am I lookin at spending? I'm booking Friday and Saturday night.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

My room was $140.38 for a king non smoking room for 2 nights. Taxes were $20.00 as I forgot about the killer hospitality tax. I cant wait for this meet!!!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Rooms booked for me and Chris.... hooray! As a Choice Privileges member it cost $120Next step is to make some purchases.......
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »Unfortunately, the white GT probably won't be showing up this time. I'm going to be taking plenty of pics so hopefully that will convince them to go next year. That's too bad, but if they would come next year that would be great! Hopefully I could convince my mom to bring her GT next year too .Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »Yes, I am pumped!!!Sweet! Do you want to meet up somewhere and cruise to Indy together?Quote, originally posted by tribalman »i'm actually trying to figure out how i can make it and get back in the same day. might be interesting. door locks be damned.That's the spirit Josh !Quote, originally posted by A Pyscho Martyr »How much am I lookin at spending? I'm booking Friday and Saturday night.Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »My room was $140.38 for a king non smoking room for 2 nights. Taxes were $20.00 as I forgot about the killer hospitality tax. I cant wait for this meet!!!I booked the same room and it was the same price. It's $59.99 a night ($119.98) + tax ($20.40) = $140.38 Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Rooms booked for me and Chris.... hooray! As a Choice Privileges member it cost $120Next step is to make some purchases.......Purchases of the intake variety perhaps !?!So, are we going to meet up somewhere or are we going to go it alone and meet up when we get to the motel?
BlueCrush

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (jkm311)

Post by BlueCrush »

Can you put the hotel link in the first post on the first page please? Can't find the link now that I'm ready to place my reservation... . Thanks!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

http://www.qualityinn.com/hote...AB.11Just until they add it to the first page, here's the link
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Thanks, Michelle. I am computer-less this weekend, and at the mercy of the limited functionality of my phone. Gonna be a couple days before I can get the link on the first page.
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »http://www.qualityinn.com/hote...AB.11Just until they add it to the first page, here's the linkThanks, Michelle. My reservation has been made for Fri & Sat eves.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
vibenvy

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »My reservation has been made for Fri & Sat eves. Sweet! So, are we going to do a Vibe dinner or something Friday since there will be quite a few of us arriving Friday evening/night?I can already picture our Vibes lined up in the motel parking lot ! I can't wait!!!
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

My hotel reservation has been made! I'll be arriving Friday afternoon/evening and staying Friday and Saturday nights.A dinner on Friday would be fun!
jkm311

Re: (jackie879)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »well..... is there a Hooters nearby? And he waits to ask amongst a crowd of ladies... On the serious, where would you all like to eat Friday? There's a Buffalo Wild Wings VERY close to the park and hotel. Just to the SW of the southern lot at Sahm's. Been there a couple times. Might be good for our group.
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »And he waits to ask amongst a crowd of ladies... On the serious, where would you all like to eat Friday? There's a Buffalo Wild Wings VERY close to the park and hotel. Just to the SW of the southern lot at Sahm's. Been there a couple times. Might be good for our group.LOVES me some Bdubs! I would be totally down for that, seems perfect for our group.Then again, I am a fan of Hooters too... their fried pickles are fabulous.
A Psycho Martyr

Buffalo Wild Wings is just as good And I'm not scared to throw Hooters up there with the ladies present...Myself, my brother, and a friend of ours go all the time with our wives.They enjoy it just as much as we do!
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I LOVE Bdubs! I second that. I am also down with Hooters.
vibenvy

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibenvy »

I don't care where we go. I'm not picky.I took my ex to Hooter's for his birthday one time. He got mad because none of the girls had big boobs . They do have good food though.Chicagoland Vibers... are we still going to attempt a cara-vibe or no?
ponta2147

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I don't care where we go. I'm not picky.I took my ex to Hooter's for his birthday one time. He got mad because none of the girls had big boobs . They do have good food though.Chicagoland Vibers... are we still going to attempt a cara-vibe or no?I can if people are interested. We're pretty flexible about when and where we go on that Friday. Everyone knows what my driving habits are by now, though, so I'll have to do some major cruise control to stick with a group.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I've never driven with a group either. I am planning on doing 5 over the speed limit to get better mileage so I will definitely be using cruise control as much as possible. I believe the speed limit on I 74 is 65. The speed limit on Route 47 is 55 unless you're going through a town, than it drops down, but none of the towns are big so you're through them in a matter of minutes.Well, for anyone that's willing to come out this way a bit, I am taking Route 47 to I 74. We could meet at either Route 47 & I 80 in Morris or Route 47 & I 55 in Dwight. This route is a nice drive through small towns and corn fields . No cops, no traffic, no construction. Let me know what you guys and girls think. I get off work at 2, so I will be ready to go ASAP. The sooner the better.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

If we do a caravan when will we leave? I really want to caravan down there.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

That Friday sometime after 2 ^_^
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Can you put the hotel link in the first post on the first page please? Can't find the link now that I'm ready to place my reservation... . Thanks!Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »http://www.qualityinn.com/hote...AB.11Just until they add it to the first page, here's the linkDone and done, folks. Glad you've all had success booking your rooms. Also, thanks to those who have updated your interest in attending. If your name is on the first post, please keep me posted of your status – trying to keep this list as accurate as possible with under a month to go. EXAMPLE: If you're "a maybe" and know for sure you can or cannot make the meet, lemme know! And if you previously were able to make it and cannot, holler. I promise to only mildly give you grief. Danke.
Steelies to the rescue.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I am going to try to duck out of work earlier but I have my last appt. at 1:30 so I wont be out until 2, that would put me down to RT 47& 80 about 4 P.M.Carrie if you left at 2 what time would that put you at the Morris interchange? I will try to massage the work schedule to allow me to leave earlier.
jkm311

To modify or not to modify?

Post by jkm311 »

Now that we've begun to book rooms and such, should I modify the first post to reflect only the correct/current information surrounding this meet? Or, should I leave it as I first posted, to show how it all came together? Might be kind of fun to look back on it in the future. Either way, I'm open. Just didn't know if the long first post was confusing those just stumbling upon it for the first time (or even some of us who are sick of scrolling through it for updates ).So...Modify/update the whole first post... or just keep as is, with me BOLDING the dates I go in and make minor changes?
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: To modify or not to modify? (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »If we do a caravan when will we leave? I really want to caravan down there.I get off work at 2. All I will need to do will be run into town and deposit my check at the bank than I will turn around and head south. If you Chicagoland people are willing to meet up at either Route 47 & I 80 in Morris or Route 47 & I 55 in Dwight, we can do that. Once we decide that we can better decide on a time. I would say, if you guys/girls are going to come out this way to meet me, it would probably be between 4 & 5.Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »I am going to try to duck out of work earlier but I have my last appt. at 1:30 so I wont be out until 2, that would put me down to RT 47& 80 about 4 P.M.Carrie if you left at 2 what time would that put you at the Morris interchange? I will try to massage the work schedule to allow me to leave earlier.If I left right away I would be to Morris around 3, but if any/all of us are going to meet up I could just come home and hang out for a while so we could all meet up at say 4 or 5.Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Now that we've begun to book rooms and such, should I modify the first post to reflect only the correct/current information surrounding this meet? Or, should I leave it as I first posted, to show how it all came together? Might be kind of fun to look back on it in the future. Either way, I'm open. Just didn't know if the long first post was confusing those just stumbling upon it for the first time (or even some of us who are sick of scrolling through it for updates ).So...Modify/update the whole first post... or just keep as is, with me BOLDING the dates I go in and make minor changes?I vote to keep it as is and just continue BOLDING the dates when any changes are made.
ponta2147

Re: To modify or not to modify? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by ponta2147 »

We're actually contemplating checking out that new waterpark in Yorkville and might go spend the day there on Friday so that by 3pm or so we'll be ready to go and already out in the area! Provided the weather is good, of course.
vibenvy

Re: To modify or not to modify? (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

That would be even better! Aron and I could just meet you guys at Routes 34 & 47 in Yorkville. It's only a couple miles south of the water park. There's a big gas station we could meet at. Hopefully the weather is nice the whole weekend *crosses fingers*.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Sorry everyone, thanks to my stupid job I am too broke to go...the Infinity also gets like 2 miles to the gallon so it would cost me a bit to get out there (removed)...hopefully I'll have a new job by the time the next meet is scheduled because I really want to go.Maybe I'll win the lotto before July? I'm so pissed, aside from the Gattlinberg meet in '08 I haven't been on a vacation in 7 or 8 years
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
jkm311

Re: To modify or not to modify? (Merzbow)

Post by jkm311 »

It's cool, Paul. Hate to take you off the list, but I'm sure we will have other meets. And the strut bar is working great.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Okay Chicagoland Vibers... Aron tried to get the 16th off from work, but was unsuccessful. He doesn't get off work 'til 2, but he said he may be able to get out a little earlier. He said he probably wouldn't be in my neck of the woods 'til about 4. Are we still wanting to cara-vibe together or what (Michelle I know you and Chris are a yes)? Jerry? Tim? Josh? What are you guys wanting to do?
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Bringing us back up to the top bump.
jkm311

Re: To modify or not to modify? (audiovibe)

Post by jkm311 »

Only 20 days out! And I'm happy to report, I have a few more mods that are no longer in my Vibe's "future." My sheet (word doc) to Kostby will be done shortly.
Steelies to the rescue.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Only 20 days out! And I'm happy to report, I have a few more mods that are no longer in my Vibe's "future." My sheet (word doc) to Kostby will be done shortly. OK... you guys & gals want a good laugh??? First off, it's official.. I will be there for this awesome meet in 20 days Yep, I officially broke the news to my wife and here's what will happen to me at the meet (in HER words, of course) Someone will ROB me, then someone will molest me, when all is said and done someone will have killed me! Yep, my wife of 20+ years, an OVERPROTECTIVE mom, a very paranoid lady, a pessimist, a major worry wort! Enough of who I have to live with which makes this trip all the more worth my while She has to learn that us auto enthusiasts who choose to engage in clubs, forums, meetings, etc. do it because we love our rides and want to share our experiences with others of the same interests. She has watched too many 20/20 episodes where cyberspace had led teenagers into serious trouble.I too have to get Kostby my updated "mods" list. To date I've only got TWO and a long list of future mods. At the rate these mods take me (minimum 3-months each mod) it will be several years till I catch up.Looking forward to this meet
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

not gonna be there. i need the week before off and the week after off. don't think i'll be able to get 3 sats off in a row. have a good time.
None. Vibe is gone.
Kari

Re: To modify or not to modify? (tpollauf)

Post by Kari »

I've been to many meets and no one has ever robbed, molested, or killed me. In fact, I met my husband at one.
GenVibe Global Moderator
jkm311

Re: To modify or not to modify? (Kari)

Post by jkm311 »

Not to make light of this, but Bill Hader from SNL doing his Dateline impression popped in my head. "So, when you arrived at this Vibe meet, would you say you felt some bad... viiiiiiibes? Ahhhhhhh-uhhhhh..."http://www.hulu.com/watch/6244...eline
Steelies to the rescue.
waveresponder

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (jkm311)

Post by waveresponder »

if it were only a lil closer 10.5 hours or 634 miles via mapquest and bout $65 one way for fuel alone
A Psycho Martyr

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Would you say you felt some bad... viiiiiiibes? Ahhhhhhh-uhhhhh..."
jkm311

Re: To modify or not to modify? (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »not gonna be there. i need the week before off and the week after off. don't think i'll be able to get 3 sats off in a row. have a good time.Dang. Triple-dog-dang.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »OK... you guys & gals want a good laugh??? First off, it's official.. I will be there for this awesome meet in 20 days Yep, I officially broke the news to my wife and here's what will happen to me at the meet (in HER words, of course) Someone will ROB me, then someone will molest me, when all is said and done someone will have killed me! Yep, my wife of 20+ years, an OVERPROTECTIVE mom, a very paranoid lady, a pessimist, a major worry wort! Enough of who I have to live with which makes this trip all the more worth my while She has to learn that us auto enthusiasts who choose to engage in clubs, forums, meetings, etc. do it because we love our rides and want to share our experiences with others of the same interests. She has watched too many 20/20 episodes where cyberspace had led teenagers into serious trouble.I too have to get Kostby my updated "mods" list. To date I've only got TWO and a long list of future mods. At the rate these mods take me (minimum 3-months each mod) it will be several years till I catch up.Looking forward to this meet LOL! It's funny and yet kind of sweet... in a crazy sort of way ! JK! So, Tim will you be staying over Saturday night as well or no? Oh... and about you being robbed... I could see Michelle (ponta2147) robbing you of your Vibe (she has a thing for red GTs ), but besides that I don't forsee you being robbed, molested or killed . Quote, originally posted by tribalman »not gonna be there. i need the week before off and the week after off. don't think i'll be able to get 3 sats off in a row. have a good time.Sucks to hear Josh , but you have to do what you have to do. You know there will be more than enough pictures for you to look over after everyone gets back home . Hopefully we can get another Chicagoland meet together within the next couple months.Quote, originally posted by Kari »I've been to many meets and no one has ever robbed, molested, or killed me. In fact, I met my husband at one. So... maybe the molested part (in a good way of course) ! Congratulations to you two ! That's awesome!Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Not to make light of this, but Bill Hader from SNL doing his Dateline impression popped in my head. "So, when you arrived at this Vibe meet, would you say you felt some bad... viiiiiiibes? Ahhhhhhh-uhhhhh..."(removed)!!!Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »if it were only a lil closer 10.5 hours or 634 miles via mapquest and bout $65 one way for fuel alone
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I might have a problem with my new job. I just got a new one and idk how they will react to me taking a few days off. Guess we shall see. Put my down as maybe.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

So I gather that most Chicagoland vibe people are going to be driving down on Friday then? I guess I should see if I can rent a room and drive down with you all.
tpollauf

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I might have a problem with my new job. I just got a new one and idk how they will react to me taking a few days off. Guess we shall see. Put my down as maybe.Kev. If it is not too late try this: Tell your NEW employer that you had a previous commitment on Sat 7-17-200-10 for (this is where you have to come up with something GOOD) and that you forgot to mention it to them before accepting the job. I've actually NEGOTIATED "days off" twice over the past several years where I had prior commitments (tix to a Browns game, major concert, etc.) and it always worked for me. This way the employer KNOWS when hiring you, that 7-17-2010 you are off limits to them In your case though it may be too late

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I might have a problem with my new job. I just got a new one and idk how they will react to me taking a few days off. Guess we shall see. Put my down as maybe.It might be too late for this if you have already started the job, but usually if you tell them when you're offered a position that you have a "trip" or something planned, they will go ahead and give you the time off, especially if it's only a day or two. Just a thought. Hope you can get something worked out.Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »So I gather that most Chicagoland vibe people are going to be driving down on Friday then? I guess I should see if I can rent a room and drive down with you all. Aron, Michelle (Chris) and I are for sure driving down Friday afternoon/evening. Josh can't make it and Jerry hasn't posted in a while so I don't know if he's still going or not, but the four of us are for sure leaving Friday as we have our rooms already booked. We're staying at the Qualtiy Inn along with everyone else who's staying Friday and/or Saturday nights. My room (single king bed) was $140.38 with taxes and everything for Friday and Saturday nights. Right now I believe the plan is that we're more than likely going to meet in Yorkville and head straight south down Route 47 to I 74 to I 465. Aron gets off work at 2 and said he would probably be by me around 4 or so. So, we'll probably plan on meeting between 4 and 5 I would say if you want to meet up with us. Let me/us know what you decide Tim!Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Kev. If it is not too late try this: Tell your NEW employer that you had a previous commitment on Sat 7-17-200-10 for (this is where you have to come up with something GOOD) and that you forgot to mention it to them before accepting the job. I've actually NEGOTIATED "days off" twice over the past several years where I had prior commitments (tix to a Browns game, major concert, etc.) and it always worked for me. This way the employer KNOWS when hiring you, that 7-17-2010 you are off limits to them In your case though it may be too late Beat me to it !
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY » So, Tim will you be staying over Saturday night as well or no? Oh... and about you being robbed... I could see Michelle (ponta2147) robbing you of your Vibe (she has a thing for red GTs )I'm not planning on spending the night although I've been held hostage before (in a good way ) so I could stick around LATE. Besides, all of our LED mods (hopefully many more than just mine) can only be appreciated when it's dark outside I want to be back on the shores of Lake Erie sometime Sunday morning As far as Michelle goes, well lets hope that the "other" 09 Red Vibe GT shows up" (you know the one that has an "automatic") as she may be more prone to stealing (I mean admiring) that one