COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
BlueCrush

Re: (jkm311)

Post by BlueCrush »

I thought the answer was 17...(ps - page 15 ownage )
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Hey I'll make that Cosby sweater look better than Bill himself! With my Alabam hat!And some DC shoes!What a horrible outfit that would be... good photo op tho
HarleyQuinn

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Hey i was counting on getting that sweater for my puddin lol
jkm311

Quality Inn

Post by jkm311 »

Below is where we stand with the Indy Quality Inn room block. We're halfway to a discount rate for those staying there. Anyone else need lodging? I believe the normal rate starts at $59.99, so if we hit a 10 room commitment, those needing rooms will get a nice, cheap rate. Sign up, kids! HarleyQuinn, you and your hubby need a room? Be great to have you guys come up with that nice-looking Vibe! Quality Inn‎8325 Bash Street, Indianapolis, IN 462501. ponta2147+husband2. BlueCrush3. audiovibe4. J_TO_ENVY5. A Psycho Martyr6.7.8.9.10.
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Re: Quality Inn (jkm311)

Post by jkm311 »

Random side note: I just did a search for GenVibe members who registered Indiana as their state. 8 pages came back. Of which, 31 people have posted something this year (my unofficial criteria as to who I consider "still active"). I'm surprised we don't have more in-state Indy interest for this meet!However, I am excited at the prospect of the... what?... 7-8 other states that will be represented?Minn, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Alabama, Texas (TBD), Pennsylvania, and Missouri. Did I miss anyone?
Steelies to the rescue.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Hey long time no see! Just letting you all know I am still alive. Life happens.But anywho I will be driving through Indy on friday. Anyone want me to stop at the meetup site and take some pics?
jkm311

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by jkm311 »

Absolutely! Especially being a warmer Friday. Be good to gauge the parking situation. Maybe give the Chicago caravan a heads-up on construction, too! Much appreciated. Between your pics and Wolfman's from last month, we'll get a good idea of what we're in for. Danke!
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Any more interest in hotel rooms?
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
HarleyQuinn

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

My hubby says we should go, so put us in for a room also, although i might need a two night stay cause there is no way im doing this drive in one day
ponta2147

Re: (HarleyQuinn)

Post by ponta2147 »

No problem, we are staying two nights as well.1. ponta2147+husband2. BlueCrush3. audiovibe4. J_TO_ENVY5. A Psycho Martyr6. HarleyQuinn + husband7.8.9.10.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

sounds good so what are ya'll planning to have or do and do i need to bring anything besides my car lol
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

holy crap, this is getting big! i really want to go, but it's indy. yech. plus i'm like 10% able to go right now. i need to figure out this darn door lock issue. hopefully i can find a junker so i can scavenge parts and fix it.
None. Vibe is gone.
jkm311

Re: (tribalman)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »holy crap, this is getting big! i really want to go, but it's indy. yech.Ah-HEM?! "Yech?!" Well...Indy is a nice town, but I guess the Meet really isn't within the limits. It's in a park surrounded by nice suburbs and things to do. Be nice to have you, but if your lock woes and aversion to Indy are that strong... Seriously, though. Be nice to have another IL member. We need more hotel rooms booked people! Harley, as far as things to do, this was an interesting thought by Kostby that worked at previous meets:Quote, originally posted by kostby »Based upon the two meets I attended in Michigan, parking was 'in order of arrival'. It's pretty hard to organize it much more than that unless you have complete control of access to the parking areas.If we want to TRY to be a bit more organized, we might want to TRY to socialize in 3 or 4 areas (based around several of the Forums), perhaps with a few of those corrugated plastic signs to help direct people. I have a few laying around from an event (non-auto). I can get them re-lettered for cheap.1) (Informal) Check-in - Get a dash-page and nametag to display with your GenVibe name, real name, and geographic location. Need: A laptop and an inkjet printer to plug in to your 110V AC adapter. I can supply both, but if someone else wants to volunteer, that's great too. Someone mentioned a pop-up canopy -- that would be a visible location to begin.2) The Lounge - Meet, Greet & Eat (even if it's just munchies that people bring) -3) The Garage - How-to/How did you do that? (Anybody want to demonstrate installs?)4) For Sale/Wanted - Swap Meet (if there's enough interest and people bringing things to swap)We've also discussed people doing a B.Y.O. FOOD/BEVERAGE. I think Michelle and others were planning on making something to pass around, but we are all open to ideas/activities. We're still 5 weeks out. Plenty of time for the genius to unfold!
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Re: (tribalman)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »i really want to go, but it's indy. yech. Aw, Indy isn't so bad. It's kind of cute the way it thinks it's a real city! Hope you can find a way to make it! Like to see ya again!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »My hubby says we should go, so put us in for a room also, although i might need a two night stay cause there is no way im doing this drive in one day Excellent! You win.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kostby

Post by kostby »

Bump/iink to my 'What is there to do in Indy and Indiana... thread' in the GenVibe Events forum http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=41211I've been offline quite a bit lately. A sudden hard drive crash has me reinstalling and restoring programs and data. Fortunately, my 'art' for the meet was on a flash drive.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I took a trip to Louisville, KY and stopped at the park on the way back!I took a vid of the park. Here it is!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acs6eTmAU-s
jkm311

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by jkm311 »

FAN.TASTIC. Thanks for this, Tim!This illustrates a whole lot more than the overhead Google shot I uploaded last week! It confirms much of the talking points we've brought up on here. The areas by the pavilions/grills (that also give us a nicer back-drop for photos and such) seems to be the tighter, busier areas. The water park parking to the South is out in the open (which could be interesting in the mid-July sun) yet seems more conducive to our event. I wonder if the park staff would have issues with us showing up and blocking off spots? Is there much of a staff presence? I could see a DNR truck rolling around to check on things. Also, I believe we came to an unofficial consensus that grilling may be out, and BYOF/B is more in favor. So, grilling MAY not be an issue. Open to more discussion, obviously.Regardless, this is great. Let's get some conversation going on what we want to do, based on the visuals. Unless anyone has changed "status" of interest, we are still 25+ Vibes strong, with 35+ people attending it seems. Lots of opinions! Let's hear them.
Steelies to the rescue.
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

Great video!My first thought was that I liked the area around the water park, but as was mentioned, there's not a lot of shady areas nearby. It would get pretty hot being out there for a few hours on a sunny day. Overall it looks like a nice park though and I'm sure we'll all be able to find a good spot.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I would prefer to park in an area with more shade. I am prone to sunburn as everyone at the Chicago meet discovered . Being that it will be July a shady place will be better overall. We don't need anyone passing out from heat exhaustion .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Mr Magoo

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (jkm311)

Post by Mr Magoo »

The wife and I are interested in coming. Always love looking at other Vibes. Ours is nothing spectacular, just our daily driver, but still the best and most favorite car I've ever owned. If this lousy economy would change and I could find a job, I would own a second.
2007 Salsa base W/Cladding, 2008 Platinum base W/Cladding Picture: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...).jpg
jkm311

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (Mr Magoo)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by Mr Magoo »The wife and I are interested in coming. Always love looking at other Vibes.Yeah, buddy! You're on the list, and boy is it growing! EDIT 6/17/10: Those who have expressed interest thus far:jkm311tpollaufWolfman213ponta2147J_TO_ENVYKevzazRussiavillesgp2012PsychoMartyraudiovibehouseofbugskotsbylifes tuffLavaIlliniVibeBlueCrushB14CK_H4WKHarleyQuinnMr Magoojackie879enfield577 ("maybe")midnightthunder89 (a "maybe")Kari (a "maybe")ColonelPanic (a "maybe")Mac99d (if before late June) - Sorry Mac, 7/17 is our date, unless something changes.Merzbow (a "maybe")ramenboy... (a "maybe")cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe")smeadows7 (a "definite maybe") That's a whole new category.DaveG (a "maybe")scherry2 ("pretty sure")Toasted7 (Scion event is stealing him away... )
Steelies to the rescue.
tpollauf

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY » Being that it will be July a shady place will be better overall..Nice Video Tim As far as parking in the shade goes, if it is blazing hot & sunny EVERYBODY will want to park in the shade. Vibe & non Vibe vehicles That would be probably be OK for our "meet & greet" sessions and then we could all move our Vibes to an open area of hot, sunny,available parking lot for a group Vibe photo shoot
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
enfield577

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by enfield577 »

I hope to make it (there is another event at home that day that might keep me here). I guess you should put me down as a "maybe."Would like to see the mods that others have done, plus I hope by that time to have the AHLs disabled, leaving the DRLs intact, by another method than what has been posted on the forum.Geoff
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
jkm311

Re: (enfield577)

Post by jkm311 »

Holy 2009+ red Vibes, Batman! With ponta and tpollauf, you guys might have your own row, enfield! You're a "maybe," my friend.
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »LOL!! I'm considering setting up a slow drag w/prizes if people want to... I even have the slow drag staging lights. Let me know if you guys want to do that and I'll bring the stuff. It's jolly-good fun.Any interest in this? I'll need to order some stuff soon if we decide to do it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Holy 2009+ red Vibes, Batman! With ponta and tpollauf, you guys might have your own row, enfield! With THREE 09 Red Vibes, we can "headline " the group photo session Put Michelle in the middle of the two Reg Vibe Gt's We could have the potential of FIVE 09 GT's showing up (Carrie, Carrie's mom, HarleyQuinn, Geoff, and me What an awesome site that would be

ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »With THREE 09 Red Vibes, we can "headline " the group photo session Put Michelle in the middle of the two Reg Vibe Gt's We could have the potential of FIVE 09 GT's showing up (Carrie, Carrie's mom, HarleyQuinn, Geoff, and me What an awesome site that would be My Vibe *thinks* he's a GT... does that count? He's gonna be jealous of all your pretty GT bodies, maybe getting him a nice intake beforehand will make him feel better about just being a regular ol' 2.4L.....
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Any interest in this? I'll need to order some stuff soon if we decide to do it.I'm in! What are the rules, Brian? I've found this vid, taken by a woman explaining as she films: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvJ9g_qR_C0And this list on a website: 1. Must have driver’s license & proof of insurance. 2. No tire spinning or excess engine revving. 3. Brake lights must be in working order. 4. Both cars leave the start at the same time. 5. Not to exceed 20 mph. 6. Put vehicle in neutral immediately upon crossing the “coast line” and keep it in neutral until vehicle comes to a stop. 7. Use of any brake prohibited. 8. Driver’s hands must stay at 10 & 2 position. Passenger’s hands remain visible. 9. Driver and passenger must remain in vehicle with nothing dragging. 10. Must stay in own lane. 11. Winner is vehicle closest to and with all wheels across finish line.
Steelies to the rescue.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Sounds like I'm going to miss out on some fun for sure!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I'm in! What are the rules, Brian? I've found this vid, taken by a woman explaining as she films: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvJ9g_qR_C0And this list on a website: 1. Must have driver’s license & proof of insurance. 2. No tire spinning or excess engine revving. 3. Brake lights must be in working order. 4. Both cars leave the start at the same time. 5. Not to exceed 20 mph. 6. Put vehicle in neutral immediately upon crossing the “coast line” and keep it in neutral until vehicle comes to a stop. 7. Use of any brake prohibited. 8. Driver’s hands must stay at 10 & 2 position. Passenger’s hands remain visible. 9. Driver and passenger must remain in vehicle with nothing dragging. 10. Must stay in own lane. 11. Winner is vehicle closest to and with all wheels across finish line.LOL! Mine is much simpler: 1 car at a time & only goes 10ft. My only rule is you cannot stop. The slowest to go 10ft wins. Easy.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

It's like watching turtles race.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Any other info about hotels?I think the discount was only $5, maybe less, so it's really not worth worrying about a block if we can't get it. But it's probably a good idea to start booking the rooms now anyway!
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »But it's probably a good idea to start booking the rooms now anyway!Exactly what I was saying to Brandon, last night in the chat room. How long do you guys wait before a block may not be available?! Shame it didn't fill in the rest of the way. We only needed... what? 3 more?
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I think let's say... book rooms now! I'll book one tonight or tomorrow for Friday and Saturday night of the meet.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Whoa! That makes this shindig official!
Steelies to the rescue.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quality inn, Right? I'll book mine in the next couple days.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Quality inn, Right? I'll book mine in the next couple days.Yes, sir!Quality Inn‎8325 Bash Street, Indianapolis, IN 46250(317) 577-0455‎
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »With THREE 09 Red Vibes, we can "headline " the group photo session Put Michelle in the middle of the two Reg Vibe Gt's We could have the potential of FIVE 09 GT's showing up (Carrie, Carrie's mom, HarleyQuinn, Geoff, and me What an awesome site that would be Unfortunately my mom won't be coming along, so it will only be my GT.I think we will need to do different pictures, i.e. by color, year, state, etc. It would be kind of a PITA, but I think it would be fun and would make for some great pictures in addition to the full group shots.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »My Vibe *thinks* he's a GT... does that count? He's gonna be jealous of all your pretty GT bodies, maybe getting him a nice intake beforehand will make him feel better about just being a regular ol' 2.4L.....He can be an honorary GT Michelle ! I think an intake would definitely help him feel better about himself ! And remember... if you need any help installing it, let me know. I have become quite the expert at it .I will reserve my room for Friday and Saturday nights within the next couple days. One month and one day!!! I am so freaking excited!!!
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

I can definitely make it..............maybe.............probably not.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

Okay guys and gals, it looks like I'm probably going to make it, so plan on having another '09 GT (red!) in attendance.
vibenvy

Re: (jackie879)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »Okay guys and gals, it looks like I'm probably going to make it, so plan on having another '09 GT (red!) in attendance. Man... the '09 GTs (especially the red ones!) are going to take this meet over ! I definitely want to get an all '09 GTs picture at the meet ! 1. J_TO_ENVY - silver2. tpollauf - red3. Harley Quinn - black4. jackie879 - red5. enfield577 - redI can totally picture Harley Quinn and I parked in amongst the three red GTs ! w00t!
HarleyQuinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

I def can't wait to see all those vibes either I love my car soo much and am so glad to have found other people who share the same passion I will need to book my room soon then probably for 2 days also Can't wait
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Reservation made!!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Unfortunately my mom won't be coming along, so it will only be my GT.Hmmmmm..... I say you GROUND your mom After all she probably grounded you several times when you were younger! Just have a boyfriend, girlfriend, neighbor, relative, etc.. HIJACK/KIDNAP your mom's GT Vibe and drive it on down with all the other Vibes She shouldn't miss it for a few days Just bring it back in the same condition as when it left (although the Vibe will be happier knowing it reunited with many of it's relatives)

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Man... the '09 GTs (especially the red ones!) are going to take this meet over ! I definitely want to get an all '09 GTs picture at the meet ! 1. J_TO_ENVY - silver2. tpollauf - red3. Harley Quinn - black4. jackie879 - red5. enfield577 - redI can totally picture Harley Quinn and I parked in amongst the three red GTs ! w00t! Wow. This really is turning into quite the meet After I break the news to my wife (haven't even mentioned it yet ) I find it will be difficult to meet/greet/show off all Vibe related stuff in a 4 - 6 hour time frame on Saturday. I just may have to spend the night also. Plus MANY of our mods (LED lighting, etc.) can ONLY be seen/appreciated at night, and that doesn't take place till 9pm or later! OOOOOOOOOO this is going to be a tough decision. I'll make that decision after the wife gets over the shock

jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by jackie879 »Okay guys and gals, it looks like I'm probably going to make it, so plan on having another '09 GT (red!) in attendance. You've been bumped to first class! Any chance of your folks rolling in the white GT, or are you trying to maintain the red GT presence only?! Quote, originally posted by 02csnow »I can definitely make it..............maybe.............probably not.So, no chance of you representing the east coast? Come on down, er...across!If you are on the list below and your status of interest has changed, please let me know soon. We are exactly a month away, and I would like to keep an accurate list. EDIT 6/23/10: Those who have expressed interest thus far:jkm311tpollaufWolfman213ponta2147J_TO_ENVYKevzazRussiavillePsychoMartyraudiovibehouseofbugskotsbylifes tuffLavaIlliniVibeBlueCrushB14CK_H4WKHarleyQuinnMr Magoojackie879scherry2enfield577 ("maybe")midnightthunder89 (a "maybe")Kari (a "maybe")ColonelPanic (a "maybe")ramenboy... (a "maybe")cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe")smeadows7 (a "definite maybe") That's a whole new category.DaveG (a "maybe")
Steelies to the rescue.
sgp2012

Post by sgp2012 »

i will not be able to attend. i have something going on that day. sorry guys. maybe next time.