COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

ok I'm puttin together a surprise for some of the 1st gen Vibes that will be attending You'll just have to wait and see
vibenvy

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by A Pyscho Martyr »Good find, good find. Is it safe to book? I mean we're set on that weekend?We should probably wait to see where everyone is going to stay before we start making reservations .Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Another Option: The Days Inn - Castleton is as low as $39.99 +tax per night. - It is .88 miles from Sahm Parkhttp://visitindy.com/indianapo...tailshttp://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn...=tab2Yeah, is there anyone local that can check out some of these hotels near the park?Yes, you're right, the Days Inn is cheaper if booked in advance. The thing to remember about booking in advance for the cheaper price though is that if you have to cancel for any reason they will still charge you. Just something to remember for everyone.We definitely need a local to go check out the area around the park to help guage safety, parking, etc.Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »Im down for a weekend trip. Also how about we see if there are any private tracks that we could take our cars out too. it would be awesome!Yeah, a weekend trip will be fun for sure, especially when it's going to revolve around a bunch of Vibes! I doubt we would be able to find a track to rent out. They tend to be pretty expensive.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »ok I'm puttin together a surprise for some of the 1st gen Vibes that will be attending You'll just have to wait and see Hint! Hint! Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »We definitely need a local to go check out the area around the park to help guage safety, parking, etc.I think Wolfman can vouch for the area. It's practically in Fishers, right Wolf? It's been 4-5 years since I've been around there, and I know Castleton/Carmel are very nice areas.I will not be booking a room, but I thought I would throw out the info I know to those who will be. Still looks like 7/16-7/18 is our target.
Steelies to the rescue.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »ok I'm puttin together a surprise for some of the 1st gen Vibes that will be attending You'll just have to wait and see Are you "Psycho" OR "Psychic" ???? I was thinking the same thing/idea BUT nobody will know till the event takes place AND we all can make it. Stay tuned for details
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Re: (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I think Wolfman can vouch for the area. It's practically in Fishers, right Wolf? It's been 4-5 years since I've been around there, and I know Castleton/Carmel are very nice areas.I will not be booking a room, but I thought I would throw out the info I know to those who will be. Still looks like 7/16-7/18 is our target.Sounds good. I'm not too worried about the area, but I know some others might be. Plus if everyone who is staying over stays at the same place it will probably make everyone feel even safer. I am going to hold off on reserving a room until everything is for sure set in stone.
houseofbugs

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Sounds good. I'm not too worried about the area, but I know some others might be. Plus if everyone who is staying over stays at the same place it will probably make everyone feel even safer. I am going to hold off on reserving a room until everything is for sure set in stone.Same here. I am waiting until we figure out more. What else is there to do in Indy?
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Yes, this park is in Fishers and Fishers, Noblesville, Castleton are all really nice places. Hotels in those locations would all be in good areas.AFA stuff to do in Indy, like Ponta said in another thread, downtown Indy has tons of restaurants, bars, shopping. Indianapolis Motor Speedway is relatively close as well; maybe a 30 minute drive? Fishers has some good restaurants as well. Noblesville has a new outdoor mall. There's the Indianapolis Children's Museum for the kid at heart. Indianapolis Zoo. We have a Minor League baseball team, Indy Indians, but they have away games that weekend.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
kostby

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS!

Post by kostby »

"What's there to do in Indiana besides the July 2010 meet???I'm posting this as a separate EVENTS thread so you can find it without searching 100 posts in this thread...--> http://forums.genvibe.com/zeropost?cmd= ... d=18Sudden thought: Maybe the mods should move the whole Indy Summer meet thread to EVENTS???

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
jkm311

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (kostby)

Post by jkm311 »

Well done, Kostby!
Steelies to the rescue.
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Would anyone who has the grey plastic cladding be interested in having me restore their plastic for $20? I have the refinish restorer and would be willing to bring it with along with tape to do the car.I have enough refinish restorer to do about 15 cars.See here for more info: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...96039
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »Would anyone who has the grey plastic cladding be interested in having me restore their plastic for $20? I have the refinish restorer and would be willing to bring it with along with tape to do the car.I have enough refinish restorer to do about 15 cars.See here for more info: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...96039I can totally vouch for his detailing skills. His two tone black Vibe looked absolutely flawless at the Chicago meet .
Toasted7

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by Toasted7 »

This park is off of Castle Knoll Blvd, right? I plugged this into google and it looks like the right place. Sahm Park, Indianapolis, Indiana 46250, United States, 46250 (Sahm Park)If this is an "any car" meet... I might see if I can get some of my fellow Scikotics members to show up. Let me know if you guys are ok with that, if not, that's cool too... believe me, I understand. Might be kinda cool to be the only xB there.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Merzbow

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (jkm311)

Post by Merzbow »

Put me in as a maybe. If I can get a new job by then or find some friends to tag along and split costs I'll go for sure. I'll let you know closer to the date! Been soooo long since anyone took initiative on here I'm pretty pumped!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
jkm311

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (Merzbow)

Post by jkm311 »

The current roster, "maybes" and all:jkm311tpollaufWolfman213ponta2147J_TO_ENVYKevzazRussiavillesgp2012PsychoMartyraudiovibehouseofbugskotsbylifes tuffToasted7LavaIlliniVibeBlueCrushmidnightthunder89 (a "maybe")Kari (a "maybe")jackie879 (a "maybe")ColonelPanic (a "maybe")Mac99d (if before late June) - Sorry Mac, 7/17 is our date, unless something changes. Merzbow (a "maybe")Please post if I've forgotten anyone.
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Re: (Toasted7)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by Toasted7 »If this is an "any car" meet... I might see if I can get some of my fellow Scikotics members to show up. Let me know if you guys are ok with that, if not, that's cool too... believe me, I understand. Might be kinda cool to be the only xB there. "Psychos" and "Scikotics"? What kind of a meet are we putting together?! Like I said, the more the merrier. Sahm Park won't know what hit it! Come to think of it, Wolfman – how many of us do you conservatively think we can group together? 25? 30? Any more than that and we might have a hard time on a summer Saturday.Anybody have access to orange cones? I watched a classic car group meet up from my office window yesterday, and they invaded an entire restaurant's parking by placing cones in front of 30 spaces – moving the cone every time a classic car showed up to park. Wonder how the state of Indy workers would feel if some of us got there early enough to set up shop like that. I would hate for us not to be all together...
Steelies to the rescue.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Come to think of it, Wolfman – how many of us do you conservatively think we can group together? 25? 30? Any more than that and we might have a hard time on a summer Saturday.Hmm... figuring if we setup at where the shelter areas are at, we could probably fit 50 (very rough guess) if we take it the whole area. I imagine 25 - 30 should be no problem.I can plan to be there early. Not sure if I have any more orange cones though. Not sure what they would say about putting cones up. Worse they could do is just take take them down lol.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
jkm311

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by jkm311 »

If the meet is planned for late afternoon, I'm hoping a good corner of the lot will be emptier than the rest. I don't know if we will be lucky to snag enough spots, specifically by the shelter areas. Would be awesome if we could.I'm thinking the first handful of people to show up should park by one another and begin setting up chairs/tables in empty adjacent spots. Then move them as the Vibes start rolling in.Maybe some folding chairs/tables will not draw the ire like road cones would...
Steelies to the rescue.
A Psycho Martyr

If all goes as planned I'll be there friday night, so I can help with something if i'm needed Saturday around 2 or 3. Or I can just lean on my car and look good...whatever
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Or I can just lean on my car and look good...whatever Lean across a couple parking spots, too!
Steelies to the rescue.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

I'll see what I can do as far as the "Scikotics" are concerned.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Anybody have access to orange cones? How about TWO 6ft. step ladders and some yellow caution tape Hell if we really want to take the place over, I can bring some Hazmat suits, clean up equipment, and flashing beacons BUT I think after going to that extreme, they'd remove US from the park instead:hammer:

houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I have Police Line Do NOT CROSS tape
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

I don't think I have the orange cones I "borrowed" from ODOT (Ohio Dept of Transportation) anymore.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

its a maybe for me... being 17 and all is gunna be a b**ch to get a place to stay...but i really do wanna show off all of my hard work and time and money that i have in her...as well as my new box courtesy of merzbow
Baby Blue
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

ok put me down as a definite maybe... work on the triumph is eating up time and moneyif i can get stuff done quick and cheap i'll be there
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
DeClerq

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by DeClerq »

I'd show up if I could, but the wife is working that weekend and I'll be home watching the kids. Not sure a 4 and 1 yr old would enjoy looking at cars all day
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
BlueCrush

Re: (DeClerq)

Post by BlueCrush »

Tell them "We're going to the park to play". It is true, it's at a park...lol.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jkm311

Re: (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »its a maybe for me... being 17 and all is gunna be a b**ch to get a place to stay...but i really do wanna show off all of my hard work and time and money that i have in her...as well as my new box courtesy of merzbow His strut bar is now installed in mine! And with your sub box, Merzbow's Vibe will be with us in MORE than spirit! Plus, he's a "maybe."
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

We've nearly hit 25! And with any Scikotics being delivered from Toasted7's new clan, we might slingshot past 30 by the weekend! Keep 'em comin' folks.The current roster, "maybes" and all:jkm311tpollaufWolfman213ponta2147J_TO_ENVYKevzazRussiavillesgp2012PsychoMartyraudiovibehouseofbugskotsbylifes tuffToasted7LavaIlliniVibeBlueCrushmidnightthunder89 (a "maybe")Kari (a "maybe")jackie879 (a "maybe")ColonelPanic (a "maybe")Mac99d (if before late June) - Sorry Mac, 7/17 is our date, unless something changes.Merzbow (a "maybe")ramenboy... (a "maybe")cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe")Please post if I've forgotten anyone.
Steelies to the rescue.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (cp_stunna_2011)

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »its a maybe for me... being 17 and all is gunna be a b**ch to get a place to stay...I don't think you'd be out of line asking around. You could split the cost. I'd volunteer to let you stay in my room, but I got two guests
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »I don't think you'd be out of line asking around. Haven't you ever slept in your car before??? Done it a few times and with the Vibe having the rear seats fold down (some models w/front seat too) there would be plenty of room to catch some ZZZZZzzz's The next morning just hook up with some fellow Vibers to "wash up" and start the day all over again

A Psycho Martyr

Re: (tpollauf)

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Haven't you ever slept in your car before??? :Been there. Not too bad either. I quite enjoy it 8)
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! WE ARE GETTING BRIAN IN OUR ATTENDANCE.any chance we will see a slow drag organized?Where have I been there are like a million people coming now.My wife might be joining me for this meet.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
BlueCrush

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! WE ARE GETTING BRIAN IN OUR ATTENDANCE.any chance we will see a slow drag organized?Where have I been there are like a million people coming now.My wife might be joining me for this meet.LOL!! I'm considering setting up a slow drag w/prizes if people want to... I even have the slow drag staging lights. Let me know if you guys want to do that and I'll bring the stuff. It's jolly-good fun.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Toasted7

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Toasted7 »

I got a thread going on Scikotics now. I'll let you guys know what kind of response I get.
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

This would be fun. I'll have to see if I can swing it.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

any issues if I post this up on Matrix Owners?
jkm311

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by audiovibe »any issues if I post this up on Matrix Owners?Hit it! I was hoping someone would be able to dial them in to this meet. Thanks!Quote, originally posted by smeadows7 »This would be fun. I'll have to see if I can swing it.Shall I include you on the list?
Steelies to the rescue.
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

A definite maybe
jkm311

Re: (smeadows7)

Post by jkm311 »

Mich-i-gan. Represent, represent.
Steelies to the rescue.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

The current roster, "maybes" and all:jkm311tpollaufWolfman213ponta2147J_TO_ENVYKevzazRussiavillesgp2012PsychoMartyraudiovibehouseofbugskotsbylifes tuffToasted7LavaIlliniVibeBlueCrushmidnightthunder89 (a "maybe")Kari (a "maybe")jackie879 (a "maybe")ColonelPanic (a "maybe")Mac99d (if before late June) - Sorry Mac, 7/17 is our date, unless something changes.Merzbow (a "maybe")ramenboy... (a "maybe")cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe")smeadows7 (a "definite maybe") That's a whole new category. Please post if I've forgotten anyone.
Steelies to the rescue.
B14CK_H4WK

Re: COLOSSAL! AMAZING! GenVibe SUMMER MEET IN INDIANAPOLIS! (jkm311)

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

I would love to go! so far that date is working out for me, and its not too far away
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Here is the link to the thread on MO'shttp://matrixowners.com/index....75687
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

i might be able to make it
kostby

Post by kostby »

Bumping my related post for GenVibers, Sciotics, and Matrixowners who have recently discovered this thread...Look in Events 'What else is there to do in Indiana?' --> http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=41211

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Toasted7

Re: (kostby)

Post by Toasted7 »

Getting a few "maybes" in Sciko-land... I'll keep working on 'em!
jkm311

Re: (DaveG)

Post by jkm311 »

The list is growing even longer! Love it. The ever-current roster, "maybes" and all:jkm311tpollaufWolfman213ponta2147J_TO_ENVYKevzazRussiavillesgp2012PsychoMartyraudiovibehouseofbugskotsbylifes tuffToasted7LavaIlliniVibeBlueCrushB14CK_H4WKmidnightthunder89 (a "maybe")Kari (a "maybe")jackie879 (a "maybe")ColonelPanic (a "maybe")Mac99d (if before late June) - Sorry Mac, 7/17 is our date, unless something changes.Merzbow (a "maybe")ramenboy... (a "maybe")cp_stunna_2011 (a "maybe")smeadows7 (a "definite maybe") That's a whole new category.DaveG (a "maybe")Handful of "Scikotics" ("maybes")Please post if I've forgotten anyone.
Steelies to the rescue.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Just got this info from a local Indy Sciko...The golf course is having some kind of tourney:Points Championship – July 17th - This is an individual event. Each player is given his full handicap, based on Handicap. Points are given based on net score, ie Eagle = 4, Birdie= 3 points, Par= 1 point, Bogey= 0, Double or Higher = -2 points. Player with most accumulated points is the winner.Entry Fee $25.00That might make it a little more crowded than normal.Here's another link to the park, not sure if it has been posted yet.http://www.indygov.org/eGov/Ci....aspx There was some talk earlier of a few people bringing some temporary/pop-up shelters or tents or something, what's going on with that?I'm guessing we are not reserving a shelter so that we can stay near the cars/parking lot?
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Most golf tourneys are over by the afternoon. Do the Scikotics know of the latest tee times? Is someone playing in that, thus why they know about it? Maybe they can shed more light on the schedule.As far as tents vs. one of the park's rented shelters, the jury is still out. I would think temporary shelters would be set up closer to our cars than a rented shelter would be. Tailgate-style? Also depends on what area of the lot we can take over. If it ends up being in a center row, we might not have a choice but to go with temporary setups.
Steelies to the rescue.