Yellow Vibe Sighting

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Pablo1669

Yellow Vibe Sighting

Post by Pablo1669 »

So I went to the GM Milford Proving Grounds to pick up a few vehicles, and in the lot of cars was a yellow Vibe. Now I couldn't get a picture because Camera's go over at GM like a fart in church. You will lose your job instantly if you are seen taking pictures because of all the proto-type stuff near by. It was parked next to an Chevy SSR, so that was cool too.Anyhow, the Yellow Vibe was awesome, I would love to see them become a new color. I will try and have the right people get some photo's for me, but for now, you'll just have to imagine how cool it looks. Just thought I would let everyone know I spotted a yellow vibe, and it was cool. like I said, I'll try and get some pics, but can't promise anything.
-Brian
yank dini

Re: Yellow Vibe Sighting (Pablo1669)

Post by yank dini »

I saw the SSR tooI work near the Delphi HQ in TroySweet!
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

quote:Now I couldn't get a picture because Camera's go over at GM like a fart in church. i farted in church once, i dont think god minded.
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

did it have the roof rack on it??
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
Pablo1669

Re: Yellow Vibe Sighting (meathead333)

Post by Pablo1669 »

quote:did it have the roof rack on it??Dang, I'm not sure... I was too in awe by the yellow color. Next time I'm out there, I'll try and find her again.
-Brian
MadBill

Post by MadBill »

Wonder if it could have been the original show car/prototype Vibe? It was yellow of course, and unless they crushed it, it must be parked somewhere...
CAMOGIRL

Re: Yellow Vibe Sighting (MadBill)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

instead of making a whole new post, I thought I'd just post here. Today my hubby texted me this pic and asked me what color THIS one was... its a tiny pic, might be able to add a bigger one later. What you think? He said it definitely wasn't envy, it was a mustard yellow. appears to be 2-tone. it was on the move so this is the best pic he got of it.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Looks more gold to me.
mac99d

Re: (09vGT)

Post by mac99d »

We have yellow taxi vibes here.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vibenvy

Re: (mac99d)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Looks more gold to me.x2.Definitely a Vibe color I've never seen. I think it would look better if it were a monotone.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by KITT222 »

A Vibe in yellow taxi form. But we also can't forget the Vibe from the site's banner:OT: those look like TRD rims on it... They look sharp!
jake75

Re: (KITT222)

Post by jake75 »

I hope no one takes this as sacrilegious, but the it dawned on me that the resurrection of this post on Easter weekend was an uncanny coincidence.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
CAMOGIRL

Re: (jake75)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »I hope no one takes this as sacrilegious, but the it dawned on me that the resurrection of this post on Easter weekend was an uncanny coincidence. OH! wow.. lol!Yeah it wasn't a taxi, but who would go to the trouble of painting it without painting the cladding too? ARGH.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
MadBill

Post by MadBill »

(Speaking of Resurrection, not dead, just gone from the site for a few years.) I still have my Arctic '03, bought in that colour specifically to repaint yellow, but deterred by the cost and by the appearance of the Focus wagon in that colour.The paint is looking a little shabby now, (soft paint being about the only significant flaw in the car) and maybe it's time to revisit the concept..
KITT222

Re: (MadBill)

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by MadBill »(Speaking of Resurrection, not dead, just gone from the site for a few years.) I still have my Arctic '03, bought in that colour specifically to repaint yellow, but deterred by the cost and by the appearance of the Focus wagon in that colour.The paint is looking a little shabby now, (soft paint being about the only significant flaw in the car) and maybe it's time to revisit the concept..Give a vinyl wrap a try. By the way, those 10" 'Vette rims looks sweet on a Vibe!
MadBill

EDIT

Post by MadBill »

Still have those too; about time for new rubber though, and refinishing..Oops! I though you meant my wheels as per 'Big Boots' thread; they are also 10" Corvette Dymags.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »OT: those look like TRD rims on it... They look sharp!Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the wheels are actually Millie Miglias. Pontiac used them on all their GXP concept vehicles. It's weird because in the banner, the color looks alot more like orange then yellow .
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »It's weird because in the banner, the color looks alot more like orange then yellow .Don't entirely take my word on that. I might not know what I'm talking about
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Don't entirely take my word on that. I might not know what I'm talking about LOL !
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

It's School Bus yellow. It looks like a metallic in those pics.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Bastranz

Re: Yellow Vibe Sighting

Post by Bastranz »

Funny how this topic came up - I was surprised to see this yellow Vibe last weekend as I didn't recall there being yellow 2003/04 Vibes. It definitely didn't appear to be an Envy to me.
Attachments
Yellow Pontiac Vibe.JPG
Yellow Pontiac Vibe.JPG (156.28 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
Herb

Re: Yellow Vibe Sighting

Post by Herb »

Speaking of Yellow Vibe's here's the one from the original press kit:

Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header