Looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
pilotgirl

Looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe

Post by pilotgirl »

Hi everyone, I am new here to the forums Hello, Hello, so my question is: I am looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe, my brother has had a Vibe now for three years and he really loves his. I am looking at a 2004 right now listed at $7900, with 72,000 miles on it. People that own a 2004, how do you feel about it?? My brothers' is a 2005. Does this seem like a good price??? Thanks so much, my bro says you are a great group of people, also if anyone is selling, or know of anyone that is selling a Vibe, let me know, I live in Oregon, so it would be good if the vehicle is located close to here.Marlene
jasony0423

Re: Looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe (pilotgirl)

Post by jasony0423 »

Quote, originally posted by pilotgirl »Hi everyone, I am new here to the forums Hello, Hello, so my question is: I am looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe, my brother has had a Vibe now for three years and he really loves his. I am looking at a 2004 right now listed at $7900, with 72,000 miles on it. People that own a 2004, how do you feel about it?? My brothers' is a 2005. Does this seem like a good price??? Thanks so much, my bro says you are a great group of people, also if anyone is selling, or know of anyone that is selling a Vibe, let me know, I live in Oregon, so it would be good if the vehicle is located close to here.MarleneWelcome. The price seems decent on that. Is it a base or a GT? I'm in Ohio, so I have no references for you for sales, but I can tell you that I love mine. Mine is an '06, I bought it new, and have about 190,000 miles on it now, and zero problems. With the exception of non functional fan blower... Good luck, and enjoy your vibe.
LavaIlliniVibe

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

Hi, I am new to the forum too, and own a 2004 Lava Vibe. I can't say enough great things about my Vibe! Don't get me started! I'll just gush with love for it! Ok, ok, I would check out your potential Vibe on Kelly Blue Book at http://www.kbb.com to see what they estimate a price to be for it, and I would also see what they are going for on Ebay. I checked Kelly Blue Book and your price seems reasonable with what they calculate, but you'll want to do it yourself since I don't know what features and options your possible Vibe has. Good luck and good vibing!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

welcome to genvibeVibes in general have been pretty reliable, so 72000 miles isn't all that big of a deal.They changed the cosmetics of the front end a bit between 04 and 05, and when they did most of us pre-05 owners said we preferred the look of the earlier front end. (I still do)Quote, originally posted by pilotgirl »my bro says you are a great group of people is he a member or a lurker?
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

hey marlenewelcome to the family! an o4 with only 72k miles sounds good. i'm around 160k and it still runs great. did a nice loop this weekend from chicago to iowa city and back with no probs.take it for a spin. if its sound mechanically, then go for it
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
VforVIBE

Re: Looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe (joatmon)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »They changed the cosmetics of the front end a bit between 04 and 05, and when they did most of us pre-05 owners said we preferred the look of the earlier front end. (I still do)That's just because you guys don't know any better.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by pilotgirl »Hi everyone, I am new here to the forums Hello, Hello, so my question is: I am looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe, my brother has had a Vibe now for three years and he really loves his. I am looking at a 2004 right now listed at $7900, with 72,000 miles on it. People that own a 2004, how do you feel about it?? My brothers' is a 2005. Does this seem like a good price??? Thanks so much, my bro says you are a great group of people, also if anyone is selling, or know of anyone that is selling a Vibe, let me know, I live in Oregon, so it would be good if the vehicle is located close to here.MarleneDo a nationwide search on '03 and '04 Vibes with similar equipment and miles at http://www.carmax.com. Not to buy - just to get some real world data.Subtract at least $2,000 from what they are asking. That will be close to a fair price..
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
KrazyB

Post by KrazyB »

Well welcome to Genvibe sis and good luck on your trip to get your new vibe. Can't wait to see it make sure you post pics on here, come to think about I never did.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Welcome, nice to see more Oregon genvibers on the site! Just curious...what color is the vibe you are looking at? I love my 2005 Abyss (Black) vibe, but it can be a pain to keep clean. Good luck in your vibe hunt and post pics once you buy it
MSAGRO

Re: Looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by MSAGRO »

Blanco DiabloI feel your pain on keeping Black clean. Before I got my Vibe I had this:What saved my bacon on keeping it clean was buying a product called"The California Duster"Great product, and the dirtier it gets, the better it works.My Lexus would get a ton of dust even parked in my garage, glide this across the car and viola! Newly washed.Read the reviews on this product and you will agree.MSAGRO
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Should of kept the GX470
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
jasony0423

Post by jasony0423 »

It looks like that GX470 is parked on a bunch of bedliners. (removed) is it parked on?
MSAGRO

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by MSAGRO »

Kept it?LOL not at $270 a month in gas usage. I mainly bought it for investment.I paid 18K for it, had it for the summer and sold it for 22k, The profit paid for the Vibe.
MSAGRO

Re: (jasony0423)

Post by MSAGRO »

HIya jasony,It's the Willamette Park boat ramp here in Portland.It's a great place to shoot photos of autos for sale. River in the background and such.
pilotgirl

Post by pilotgirl »

Yay!! I found my baby!!!! A 2005 White Vibe, only 47,000 miles, and got it for 9k! Had to drive 6 hrs each way to get it, but it was worth it. Can I say I am in love?? haha I'll be sure to post pics soon, thanks to everyone's responses, and yes my bro's a member, not a lurker. Lol...
MSAGRO

Post by MSAGRO »

Congratulations. Enjoy the Vibe.I have a gift for you!Just send me a prestamped padded envelope to my address and I will mail these out to you at no cost.They are new, but they clashed with my Fusion Orange Vibe, but should look great on yours.PM me for my address, again welcome to GenVibe** now with 34% less weirdos!
pilotgirl

Re: Looking to buy a Pontiac Vibe (MSAGRO)

Post by pilotgirl »

Hey thanks so much MSAGRO, I tried to do the Instant message to you, not sure how to do an email to someone on here...sorry maybe msg me and we can figure it out
ou.grizzly

Re: (MSAGRO)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by MSAGRO »Kept it?LOL not at $270 a month in gas usage.I am partial to GX470's and $270 a month is not bad.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
jasony0423

Post by jasony0423 »

Quote, originally posted by MSAGRO »Kept it?LOL not at $270 a month in gas usage. I mainly bought it for investment.I paid 18K for it, had it for the summer and sold it for 22k, The profit paid for the Vibe.Last year when gas was insanely expensive, there was a time when I was spending $270 a WEEK on gas for the Vibe.
MSAGRO

Post by MSAGRO »

Did you get my PM pilot? I can send these out as soon as I hear from youMSAGRO
MSAGRO

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by MSAGRO »

It was a nice rig ou.griz, but it's a hard vehicle to get your head around, just too big for my needs.Plus on the GX forums, anything that may, just may go wrong with the rig is verrrry expensive.Thing needed a timing belt soon, and the cost of that was $1200!Plus maintenence was spendy also, the 90,000 mile shedule at the Lexus dealership was about $900.Way too rich for my blood.As I stated, I had a Highlander, and when I saw this for (only) $18,000, I knew I had a money maker.I enjoyed it for the summer, than sold it last September and got the Vibe.I LOVE MY VIBE!ANOTHER SHOT OF THE GX:THE HIGHLANDER I SOLD TO GET THE GX 470:
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by MSAGRO » It was a nice rig ou.griz, but it's a hard vehicle to get your head around, just too big for my needs.Plus on the GX forums, anything that may, just may go wrong with the rig is verrrry expensive.Thing needed a timing belt soon, and the cost of that was $1200!Plus maintenence was spendy also, the 90,000 mile shedule at the Lexus dealership was about $900.Way too rich for my blood.The 4.7 V8 in that thing will more than likely run for a long time.