Genvibe resurgence?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bodhi_tree777

Genvibe resurgence?

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Anyone else notice that there's been a big influx of new, active members lately? Is this a result of MO.com going down, or of the cash for clunkers crowd? In any case, nice to see the board hopping again and a big welcome to all the new faces.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
keithvibe

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (bodhi_tree777)

Post by keithvibe »

There maybe new people but the new posts seem to have dwindled. I log in twice a day and between my first log in and my second one there maybe four to ten new posts in that time frame.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »Anyone else notice that there's been a big influx of new, active members lately? Is this a result of MO.com going down, or of the cash for clunkers crowd? In any case, nice to see the board hopping again and a big welcome to all the new faces. I'd say it is a combination of both. Most of the MO crowd will go away if they haven't already because of their new forum. They won't hang around here much and contribute to GV.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Blueridge9

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (BlueCrush)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Look what Cars.com said about the Vibe being one of their top 5 best car deals:"2009 Pontiac VibeStarting MSRP: $16,100Available incentives: $2,500 cash back or 0% financing for 60 months (expires Aug. 3)Cash for Clunkers credit: $3,500-$4,500Adjusted price: $9,100One of the unfortunate casualties of GM shutting down the Pontiac brand is the redesigned Pontiac Vibe. This little hatchback has a relatively upscale interior, good crash-test ratings and much better than average reliability scores. There should still be plenty of 2009 inventory on lots, as the 2010s are just arriving at dealerships. Don't fear future repairs; GM says it will service all Pontiacs at other brand locations. For under $10,000, this is an exceptionally well-rounded choice." - cars.comSo people might be reading genvibe to research the Vibe. I wish I had an old clunker I could trade in for a Vibe and get a 2009 or 2010. It may also be that people have a few days off and are looking online for info. There is SO MUCH ARCHIVED SEARCHABLE info for new Vibe owners. Maybe they are just reading all the archived info to learn about their new Vibe
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bull77

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (keithvibe)

Post by bull77 »

don't forget the countless lurkers out there reading the site. Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »There maybe new people but the new posts seem to have dwindled. I log in twice a day and between my first log in and my second one there maybe four to ten new posts in that time frame.+1
KNINE

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (bull77)

Post by KNINE »

Who are they? I demand they show themselves!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
L5K

Post by L5K »

Well I'm here because a nice lady ran a red light and totaled my 2000 Neon. I hated that car anyway but I got it for 1500 bucks so I can't complain.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
MSAGRO

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (bull77)

Post by MSAGRO »

Not to worried about "GM servicing our automobiles"You will always have Toyota to fix our cars.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

I came here to do research on the Vibe. And I learn something new everyday!GM and Toyota are hit and miss when it comes to buying parts and servicing and you have to shop both to get the best price!But remember..... 50 dollars is 50 dollars!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Happens about this time every year when the new model year comes out... Although this year is probably the last we see this phenomenon.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Sputnik

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (ColonelPanic)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Happens about this time every year when the new model year comes out... Although this year is probably the last we see this phenomenon. Sad but likely true.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
ColonelPanic

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (Sputnik)

Post by ColonelPanic »

We can always hope for an influx of used car Vibers.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Ok, so new Vibe sales are goint to end when no more are available. Any 'Lurkers' left will lurk for info on used Vibes and those of us with Vibes now will slowly wear them out or crash them out or eventually sell them to the 'Lurkers'. Is our genvibe future destined to slowly taper off, starting at the point when that last Vibe is sold?
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Sputnik

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (vibolista)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »Ok, so new Vibe sales are goint to end when no more are available. Any 'Lurkers' left will lurk for info on used Vibes and those of us with Vibes now will slowly wear them out or crash them out or eventually sell them to the 'Lurkers'. Is our genvibe future destined to slowly taper off, starting at the point when that last Vibe is sold? Nah, some of us will keep it going! After all many of us here don't even own Vibes anymore!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...new title: GEN-NOSTALGIC-VIBE...the genuine good OLD times!
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
L5K

Re: (Old Tele man)

Post by L5K »

The only thing I bought for my Vibe from a dealer was the light bulbs for the climate control panel.GM dealer wanted $25 bucks each and the Toyota dealer wanted $10.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »We can always hope for an influx of used car Vibers. I think that will be the case. These are pretty high-mileage-bound cars, for the most part. They'll continue to trade hands and new people will get excited about them. Eventually, as the years go by, you'll start seeing more threads about heavier work (engine swaps, etc) which will be cool. That last part is the only down side of owning a reliable car. We don't get to see a lot of major surgery posts (except for Mr. Hawkins over there). I do know for sure that if I ever decide to sell my Vibe, I'm going to pass along this forum's URL as well.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
jake75

Post by jake75 »

When Genvibe peters out I will have to get a job.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
joholste

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (jake75)

Post by joholste »

hey I'm back, sorry I've been a little busy this year, I've been in the field a lot and I went to GA for about 2 months, and now I'm getting ready to move to Colorado. Oh yeah and when I came back from GA my wife said take me to the hospital it's time. And now I have a month old little girl
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
keithvibe

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (joholste)

Post by keithvibe »

geeze Joe your a busy guy... Where are the photos of the new arrival?Name? weight*baby,not mom*? boy or girl?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
joholste

Re: Genvibe resurgence? (keithvibe)

Post by joholste »

I will get pictures up soon, but my daughter Alayna Grace was born July 3 weighing 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
ScottyV

Post by ScottyV »

Well, I'm here as a result of the "Cash for Clunkers". Although my 1988 Ford Country Squire station wagon was not really a "clunker," the government said it was and gave me $3500 bucks for it. I've had my 2009 base Vibe (2.4 L) for a little over a week and I love it.
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

i think its a good combination of both cash for clunkers and MO going down for a few days. i don't think the forums will ever wear off if vibes get sold or traded or whatever there's always going to be the select few that still have their vibe running great. i don't ever plan on getting rid of mine
Zig

Re: (B14CK_H4WK)

Post by Zig »

Coming from the http://www.teamswift.net/viewforum.php?f=14 Suzuki Swift/Geo Metro FORUM,... I would say that this forum has a LONG life ahead for it. Vibe Owners from far into the future will still be coming here for answers.
I need a picture of my new Vibe! Better to ZIG then ZAG!!! http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/ Our Website/Bloghttp://campinggills.com/
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

what we need to do is talk ragingfish into buying a 2009 or 2010 VIbe. Then there'll be a flood of threads with lots of pics about how to take everything apart, how it all works. Hasn't been as daring a member willing to take anything and everything apart and document it like Mike.