Random acts of Vibe love

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
lovemyraffe

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (rAERRK)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I'm under 40...
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
star_deceiver

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (rAERRK)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »I'm under 40... Me too....
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

I'm under 40 as well. My mom on the other hand :P. Here's one from yesterday while we were at Farm & Fleet waiting for the dealer to finish the recall on mine. This poor Vibe was definitely the crappiest I have ever seen. Notice the big chunk of paint missing from the front bumper cover (mine is going to look like that in another year or two). Also, the driver's side mirror was practically non-existent.

And here's one from a couple weeks ago:
Last edited by vibenvy on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
LavaIlliniVibe

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by LavaIlliniVibe »

Laugh if you'd like, but I saw a torn up Vibe recently, and I can't imagine doing that to my Vibe. I actually stood there for a moment and thought, "what if he had had an owner like me (or like us on the genvibe forum)?" It was a sad sight--scratches and dents all over, not a wreck, but negligence... It is sad to think that Vibes have been around long enough to look in that condition... why buy a car and treat it so badly? So Sad...
tribalman

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (lovemyraffe)

Post by tribalman »

maybe he can't afford it. my back bumper is torn up from people backing through me, plus i have a dent on the front drivers side quarter panel. my electronic door locks are still out of commission. can't afford to fix them right now. pretty much keep it running through regular maintenance, everything else is just extra goodies that can wait. unless it is something serious, it can wait.
None. Vibe is gone.
morbay

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Wow, in that picture it almost looks sky blue... in the light by us it looked green... what a neat color that is!Michelle, the same is true here, it looked more green than blue, but it't still a good looking color in the picture.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
enfield577

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (LavaIlliniVibe)

Post by enfield577 »

Quote, originally posted by LavaIlliniVibe »Laugh if you'd like, but I saw a torn up Vibe recently, and I can't imagine doing that to my Vibe. I actually stood there for a moment and thought, "what if he had had an owner like me (or like us on the genvibe forum)?" It was a sad sight--scratches and dents all over, not a wreck, but negligence... It is sad to think that Vibes have been around long enough to look in that condition... why buy a car and treat it so badly? So Sad...When I bought my car (used), I looked at an identical one first that day. Looked at it first because it only had 3500 miles. The salesman said it had been owned by a 76-year-old woman. It had little dents and scratches all over it. The interior had spotting and scratches, and it smelled like an ashtray (they had tried to cover up the smell with some sort of cheap air freshener). It was a big disappoinment, and my wife and I both wondered - how could anyone treat a new car so badly?Fortunately, the next car we looked at that day was just as described on the internet - in like-new condition - and I bought it. I sure was glad it wasn't a let-down, after that first car.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
808 Vibes

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (enfield577)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I flash my "V" to every Vibe I see, and today, I GOT IT BACK!! (along with a beyond happy face) 2-tone Neptune, first gen. from the street below me.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
1SC

Post by 1SC »

This picture was taken a couple of days ago at work. For once, the accountant drove his wife 06 base grey Vibe to work instead of his Venza. Mine is obviously the blue 09 and the 07 blue is the receptionist's car.We made fun of this picture in the office.
Herb

Post by Herb »

I guess I no longer qualify for the under 40 crowd for nearly a year now.Anyways, I saw this beauty a couple of weeks ago at near the Dalhousie station in Calgary

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
MechaBouncer

Re: Random acts of Vibe love

Post by MechaBouncer »

It's not exactly Vibe love, but I parked next to the car from Initial D when I was at an anime convention last year:
Current: "Phoenix" 2009 Vibe GT in Red Hot Metallic
Previous: "Sonic" 2003 Vibe in Neptune Blue
knightrace

Post by knightrace »

okay, not sure if this qualifies or not... but had a random act of VibRix love yesterday...Came out of Lowes and a nice clean Matrix was right there. Sorry for the poor cell phone pic quality. [IMG][/IMG]
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
hapagan

Post by hapagan »

ok i know i would have been better off buying a new car....but ...about 3 years ago i got T-boned by an F-150 on my vibe. it was really ugly. i wish i had some pics... anyways i spent almost two years working my *** off while in highschool to get it fixed. spent about $10K fixing it (my dad helped me out with $4k). but now it runs just like when I bought it and seriously I dont think i would have been as happy with a different car
04 Pontiac Vibe Gray, M+T package Custom Front Bumper Paint5% window tint everywhere except three front windows 12" Pioneer IMPP subPro bend bandpass boxBoss 1600w 4Ch amp6, 6.5 Infinity Kappa 62.9i 450w each
petervivian

Re: Random acts of Vibe love

Post by petervivian »

Pathetic photo quality of first generation iPhone...Two monotone frosty vibes

Attached files
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
petervivian

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (petervivian)

Post by petervivian »

Attached files
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
atro2020

Post by atro2020 »

i was really busy yesterday.... running a few errands.... and let me just say.... theres a lot of middle-aged women out there (one of these is a friend actually, but only a 37yo woman.... close enough) .... aka these brother vibes... i think the V in vibe should stand for something else.
AMC EAGLE SX-4______ DATSUN 280Z
tribalman

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (MechaBouncer)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by MechaBouncer »It's not exactly Vibe love, but I parked next to the car from Initial D when I was at an anime convention last year:oO DO WANT! which con was it? i may have to head out of state for some cons now just so i can see the tureno.
None. Vibe is gone.
MechaBouncer

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (tribalman)

Post by MechaBouncer »

I've seen that car just about every year at the Youmacon convention. The con takes place in Detroit, MI, either the last weekend in October or the first in November. I've also seen it before at the JAFAX event at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, MI, which is held on the last weekend of June each year. If I remember correctly, I may have also seen it at Ohayocon in Columbus, OH, which typically takes place either the first or last weekend of January. Although that one I'm not as sure about. It may show up at more cons, but those are the ones I've been to and have seen it.
Current: "Phoenix" 2009 Vibe GT in Red Hot Metallic
Previous: "Sonic" 2003 Vibe in Neptune Blue
bassplayaz06

Post by bassplayaz06 »

went shoping in Durham today, kept looking for another vibe to park next to. went to walmart and found a solstice parked under a street light out in the middle of the open-ness of the parking lot. so i parked and took a pic.

Attached files
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
vibenvy

Re: Random acts of Vibe love (bassplayaz06)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by bassplayaz06 »went shoping in Durham today, kept looking for another vibe to park next to. went to walmart and found a solstice parked under a street light out in the middle of the open-ness of the parking lot. so i parked and took a pic.I love the color on the Solstice !Great picture! Pontiac !
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

on New Year's Day after work....and yesterday after work!no apologies for the crappy phone pics. until they make a better camera, i have to live with this.
http://
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

At Home Depot the other dayA monotone black 03-04 Vibe with alloys.Then later that same day dropping the Vibe off to have the remote start put in, another monotone Vibe, this one neptune blue, with alloys also getting a remote start. (My pizza pan wheel covers are currently off. The two remaining, that is)
BurnOnyx08

Fraternal twins?

Post by BurnOnyx08 »

At Ikea a few days ago... the only difference I could see was that mine was auto and the other was a stick

Attached files
DoubleBaril

Post by DoubleBaril »

No picture for this post, but thought it was kinda funny.Driving to the store today to pick up new headlights, as my passenger headlight burnt out, I pass another Vibe, and I notice in my mirror that his same headlight is out. SO we are both waiting for traffic about 100 ft away from eachother and i keep looking back to see his headlight out. Kind of a lame story, but thought it to be kinda funny at the time.
2003 Vibe AWD
tpollauf

Re: (DoubleBaril)

Post by tpollauf »

This is "Corporate" Vibe love Yeah I spotted her in the parking lot of our annual kick off 2011 Corporate meeting One of the technicians out of the Columbus branch is the lucky recipient of being able to drive this Vibe as his company car. ME, I get the big 2500 Expres van, ladder racks & the BIG equipment I believe this is an 07 or 08 and will head off to the auction block probably sometime in 2011.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ponta2147

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »This is "Corporate" Vibe love Yeah I spotted her in the parking lot of our annual kick off 2011 Corporate meeting One of the technicians out of the Columbus branch is the lucky recipient of being able to drive this Vibe as his company car. ME, I get the big 2500 Expres van, ladder racks & the BIG equipment I believe this is an 07 or 08 and will head off to the auction block probably sometime in 2011.http://carphotos.cardomain.com...e.jpgAwesome! There's an Advance Auto Parts here that has a white base model 2009 Vibe as their company car too... I love it.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

My mom's GT & an '09 Mystic Blue Metallic 1.8L Base:
Last edited by vibenvy on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

someone told me another silver vibe parked next to me at work a couple days ago. no picture tho, i didn't find about it until after the fact. thought it was pretty cool tho
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Awesome! There's an Advance Auto Parts here that has a white base model 2009 Vibe as their company car too... I love it.Advance Auto must have a contract with someone who supplies Vibes ... the Advance Auto near me has two just like that. Every time I drive by I look to see if they are parked together so I can get a "threesome" photo, but they never are.
star_deceiver

Re: (enfield577)

Post by star_deceiver »

Dirty!!!!!

Attached files
VibeBear

Post by VibeBear »

parked next to a Red Hot Metallic a few weeks ago at my partner's work:
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305/5-speed, Bright Dark Teal
2009 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L/5-speed, Carbon Grey
DressedInBlack

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Dirty!!!!![/img]great pic/happenstance.
http://
enfield577

Red on Red

Post by enfield577 »

Lava meets Red Hot.

Attached files
Crabbycrab

Re: The righteous and the wicked

Post by Crabbycrab »

The license plates in the picture below have been obscured to protect the innocent (left)... and the guilty (right). The cropping on this pic is a little off because the wife walked into the photo and requested she be removed prior to publication.
New and improved (png) signature.
vibenvy

Re: The righteous and the wicked (Crabbycrab)

Post by vibenvy »

This was on Valentine's Day...

And this was two days later...
Last edited by vibenvy on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star_deceiver

Re: The righteous and the wicked (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by star_deceiver »

West Edmonton mall

Attached files
808 Vibes

Re: The righteous and the wicked (star_deceiver)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Saw the 1st-gen 2-tone Neptune on my street again, flashed my V, lady gave me a big smile and waved back. One of these days I'm gonna catch you in a parking lot and recruit you here If you're lurking, I'm the one with the frisbee-carrying dog you saw walking on your street about a year ago!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
KITT222

Re: The righteous and the wicked (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by KITT222 »

A while back I noticed a CL ad for a Vibe that was pretty much EXACTLY like mine. Same options, color, wheels, price... Just a year younger and with 50,000 more miles on it. So, naturally, I had to go see it. Now as I drive by there, it is gone. Hopefully onto a new, happy home!Then driving home from Iowa I noticed ANOTHER platinum Vibe like mine, except it was an 06 I believe (it was a monotone and had the square side skirts). I didn't get too close, but I did get this picture.(ignore the Patriot and 5-series)If I would have noticed it before I parked I would have parked next to it. And driving home from buying gas today (ugggg....) I saw a neptune two-tone 03-04 with a large Thule roof box on it in the neighborhood. Early in the day I saw the same one without the big box on it, and two or three times before that. If I catch them in the summer while riding my bike I'll point them to Genvibe.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I actually had a *dream* about meeting another Vibe owner (I believe they had a silver 2009 base lol) and directing them to GenVibe... yikes... I need to get off the internet.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Didn't have time to snap a picture.. But as I pulled up to a red light today, in the lane to the right of me there were 2 white second generation base Vibes.. One following the other.. of course I tried to speed up and catch them.. which I did.. Very unusual for this area.. don't really see many..
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I actually had a *dream* about meeting another Vibe owner (I believe they had a silver 2009 base lol) and directing them to GenVibe... yikes... I need to get off the internet.Oh, dreams then... I had one where I got my stereotypical nerd friend (okay, not TOO stereotypical) into a lava two-tone 03 Vibe automatic, and we went on a road trip. We were somewhere in Illinois, and he had a Thule roof box. We stopped at a truck stop (he was following me... not sure why since I didn't have a GPS or map) and in it was row after row of 09-10 Vibe bases facing the road. Each had alloy wheels, fog lights, and sun roofs though, and there were no cool (as in cold) colors. Second row was GTs. After that is was just a mix of spoilers (GTs), roof racks (AWDs), Onstar antennas and radio antennas. And I didn't even have my Genvibe decal on...
bassplayaz06

Re: (KITT222)

Post by bassplayaz06 »

a guy at church parked next to me on sunday. sold a hubcap and 2 steel wheels to him a few weeks ago.side note, 17 gallons of used oil fits perfectly in the back of the car.
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
CAMOGIRL

Re: (bassplayaz06)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

FINALLY! I was going to get my usual Diet Dew at the station where I work, and LO AND BEHOLD, there sat a pretty little Vibe, so naturally I had to go park next to it. The owner musta been in the bathroom because I never saw them. Note the nasty gas price... 2nd pic is of the first Vibe to come thru the station while I was at work. We traded knowing grins when he filled up for $34. (Even though it's a sad day that it takes more than a $20 to filler up.)
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
bassplayaz06

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by bassplayaz06 »

mine has to take premium, so i fill up at around $40-50 now.
vibenvy

Re: (bassplayaz06)

Post by vibenvy »

Some LPM love @ Super Target the other night...
Last edited by vibenvy on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

There's a gorgeous electric blue matrix at school... always someone parked next to it though. One of these days I'll catch it!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
vibenvy

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by vibenvy »

My mom took both of these while she was out running errands yesterday...

Last edited by vibenvy on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NascarXprt

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »My mom took both of these while she was out running errands yesterday:look! its a camry sandwhich! yum!...
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »look! its a camry sandwhich! yum!...LOL! My mom texted that picture to me with the caption "Almost Vibe love!" .
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

This one found me at the post office yesterday.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage