Dumb move of the day...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
scherry2

Dumb move of the day...

Post by scherry2 »

yesterday my 16 year old says "hey dad lets put the neons back on the vibe." O.K. everything went fine got them mounted wires hidden now I just have to power them on at the battery. I then proceed to unhook the positive terminal. (I have those big brass replacement terminals with extra spots to hook up wires). then I hook the positive terminal back up. and start the car. starts hard like its stalling out, give it a little gas, seems O.K. we load up to go to a grad. party I go to take off hit 3000 rpm WHAT THE HECK!! like a bucking bronco..limp back to the driveway I stare under the hood thinking what the heck all I did was unhook the positive battery cable. crap.I think I zapped the MAF sensor $111.00 at Autozone confirms it.always unhook the negative cable first. stupid donkey
keithvibe

Re: Dumb move of the day... (scherry2)

Post by keithvibe »

o yes.... always,always,always,always,always,always,always,always,always, disconnect the negative terminal first on a car.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

oops...
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Sull

Post by Sull »

Oops or ouch I should say
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
Jyik40

Re: Dumb move of the day... (scherry2)

Post by Jyik40 »

Look on the bright side. That is very cheap for a MAF. I've seen some of them go for $500 or more.
Mavrik

Re: Dumb move of the day... (Jyik40)

Post by Mavrik »

yeah the first big Vibe meet I went to in MI, I did that the day before. Putting my intake on... blew the MAF by unhooking the wrong terminal first.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page