Do you keep your manual in the glove box ?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Sull

Do you keep your manual in the glove box ?

Post by Sull »

Wondering if you guys keep your manual in the car or at home inside
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
BlueCrush

Re: Do you keep your manual in the glove box ? (Sull)

Post by BlueCrush »

Mine's always in my glove box of every vehicle I have owned..
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
gimmegimme

Re: Do you keep your manual in the glove box ? (BlueCrush)

Post by gimmegimme »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Mine's always in my glove box of every vehicle I have owned..Same here.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yup keep mine in the glove box. I just borrowed someones 300c and went to fill up the tank, couldnt find out how. checked the glove box, read the manual and it did NOT tell you how to open it. Luckily my roommate called, I had him google it and with not a real answer it was, push on it. I pushed but lol only the hinge side was pushable and it swung open...lame I felt dumb setting at the pump for 10 min trying to figure that out.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Mine sitting in the garage right now. I've always had problems of keeping the manual in the glove box. Basically, after I get a new car, that's the first thing that I use for reading material. From then on, my glove box will probably never get to see it again.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
jake75

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by jake75 »

Buy an extra on eBay - keep one in car, one at home.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

or download the digital one for home
bull77

Post by bull77 »

mines in one of the trunk bins
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Always in the glove box.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I've read mine cover to cover several times now. It spent most of its time in the house. There were a few times I needed it to argue with the dealer over maintenance schedules but I didn't have it with me. It did manage to make it back out to the car, but it's under the seat since my glove box is overflowing.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
jake75

Re: Do you keep your manual in the glove box ? (ColonelPanic)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »I've read mine cover to cover several times now. It spent most of its time in the house. There were a few times I needed it to argue with the dealer over maintenance schedules but I didn't have it with me. It did manage to make it back out to the car, but it's under the seat since my glove box is overflowing. I need it in the car just to find out how to work the radio!
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
BadBrew

Post by BadBrew »

Always useful in my glove box to see which fuse I jumped again Sides are becoming kind of dirty since a jumped the same fuse 3 times in a row to finally realize that the new rocking switch controlling my angel eyes was shorting the circuit from inside
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
vibenvy

Re: Do you keep your manual in the glove box ? (BadBrew)

Post by vibenvy »

Mine is always in the glovebox. Besides my insurance card, registration and sunglasses, it's the only thing that stays in the car at all times. I can't stand having unnecessary crap in my car.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ned23

Post by ned23 »

Yes, and I keep the original window Sticker in a pocket in the book.
vibenvy

Re: Do you keep your manual in the glove box ? (ned23)

Post by vibenvy »

^ I have the window sticker and all original stuff from the dealer as well, although I keep it inside because there's really no reason to keep it in the car.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

+1 in the glove box.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

What an interesting thread lol. I actually keep mine in a lock box in a tree fort I made. Or my glove box when I'm feeling crazy.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
BurnOnyx08

Re: Do you keep your manual in the glove box ? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by BurnOnyx08 »

Ya, I have the window sticker and the rear window hang tag in my manual. All jammed into the glove box. Wish my Dealer had nicer manual covers, mine is ugly grey with my name "P-touched" onto it. My brother got a leather one with his cityGolf!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

the day I bought the car, when I got it home, I took the manual inside the house to read it, and it hasn't ever been back in the car since. I have it, with all the various window stickers and purchase paperwork, I know where it is. But I have never needed it in the car.
headcold

Post by headcold »

I just bought a used 08 base and it was missing the remote and manual. The other day I was poking around inside, looking at all the nooks and crannies and crevices in the car. under the plastic spare cover to the ;eft, about elbow deep inside the car, was a little bag with the manual and remote. (removed)?
08 Base Platinum/Grey.Injen CAI. 10" sub & amp. Ground wire kit. Scangauge II. Honk on lock kit. Siren & PA. Fog light protectors. Insulated AC line. Double-height console lid. 12v outlet in console.
Sull

Post by Sull »

haha interesting I know !! I cleaned out my glove box and was contemplating if I should keep that in or not. You know it is pretty thick.. well it's still in there now ... hmm decisions decisions .. would sull ever need to refer to the manual when on the road
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter