vibes been broken into..

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
vibedrivermatt

vibes been broken into..

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Yeah bad news. I've recently discovered that my vibe was broken into. I foolishly left my new cell phone in the cup holder and went to a party. There was a lot of people I didn't know there and obviously some thieves in the bunch. At first I thought I just misplaced my phone. I learned it was stolen after I checked my online phone account and saw somebody purchased some ring tones. I also noticed some scratches right by the driver side door that were pretty deep. I thought I might have done it myself when I scraped ice off the car last winter but, these scratches went inside the door jam letting me know for certain there was a break in.I just wanted to warn people about this. I guess these cars are easy to break into. I might look into some kind of alarm system after this.
808 Vibes

Re: vibes been broken into.. (vibedrivermatt)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by vibedrivermatt »I guess these cars are easy to break into.I'm sorry to hear about that.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

for those who know what they are doing any car is easy to get into.It still stinks when it happens to you though!! Will insurance cover it for you?A friends Mom had her phone stolen once and she kept the phone active for a few days to track down the guy and the police got him.
vibedrivermatt

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

na I didn't file a police report because I kept thinking the phone would turn up...I kept thinking I would find it inside the couch or somethin but, hey maybe it is covered by my car insurance? I told the phone company (sprint) and they said me they'd give a $100 discount on a new phone. I didn't buy the separate insurance for the phone otherwise it would have been free. It was a Samsung Rant. It was sweet and I earned it with rebates and extended my contract so it only cost me $50. A new rants $300. gerrrr!!!! I would have left it on try the tracking but, the first thing I decided to do was have it turned off when I discovered the ring tones..I didn't think the police could track a phone..
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

sorry to hear that Yeah I dont let anything get let out in plain site. just putting things in the arm rest or glove box can save a lot of hassle. Its a toyota, so it shouldnt be hard to break into.
lc9063

Post by lc9063 »

(removed)...The same think happened to me last July. They smashed the driver side window on my 2004 Vibe to get in and steal my Moto Razr. They hit 9 other cars as well in my development. The Police were already there when a neighbor knocked on my door to tell me what happened. Total damages were less than my deductible, so no $$ from insurance. I won't make the mistake of leaving my Cell phone in view again. My 2009 have has the theft deterrent, so the next time (God forbid) they'll have a nasty surprise.
Louis 2009 Carbon Grey Metallic AWD, Sun & Sound, 17" wheels, Theft deterent, etc.
ragingfish

Re: (lc9063)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by lc9063 »y 2009 have has the theft deterrent, so the next time (God forbid) they'll have a nasty surprise. If they break a window, it won't trigger the stock TD system.Only if they force the door open.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
vibedrivermatt

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »If they break a window, it won't trigger the stock TD system.Only if they force the door open.Really? Its says on the pontiac site there's a glass breakage sensor as part of the TD system. Does it work? just sayin...I think I need trunk monkey
waveresponder

Re: (vibedrivermatt)

Post by waveresponder »

vibolista

Re: (vibedrivermatt)

Post by vibolista »

Get the trunk monkey, but make sure you don't even leave him in plain sight. My son left his XM portable in his Vibe for just an hour while he went in to get some work organized for a class that afternoon. When he came out, he found his rear side passenger side door window smashed and the XM gone. Don't leave anything in sight... better yet, anywhere inside the your car. If you like it and you don't want to lose it, take it with you! Just getting your car damaged in the process, is a pain! Sorry to hear about this.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
lc9063

Post by lc9063 »

Here's the weird thing...The took my cellphone but left the Sirius Radio, which was more clearly visible than the phone. But I assume that it would take just one call to Sirius to deactivate the unit at which point its worthless.
Louis 2009 Carbon Grey Metallic AWD, Sun & Sound, 17" wheels, Theft deterent, etc.
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

My girl's Vibe had the passenger side rear window broken and a bag stolen a few months back in our apartment complex. A few other cars had been broken in to as well.The bag had the sand buckets and shovels that the kids she nannys for plays with. Remember, even if it seems worthless to you, if it's in a concealed bag, it's a potential target for a smash & grab.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
Merzbow

Re: vibes been broken into.. (vibedrivermatt)

Post by Merzbow »

That sucks! I'm starting to hate people in general more and more as of late My boss and one of the dispatch girls at work tried breaking into my Vibe at work to pay me back for a joke I played on her. They used actual lock-out tools but still weren't able to get it. Of course there are a couple scratches on the B pillar now which I'm pissed about but they weren't able to get in which leads me to believe whoever broke into your Vibe probably knew what they were doing from experience if there wasn't any glass broken.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
vibedrivermatt

Re: vibes been broken into.. (Merzbow)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »whoever broke into your Vibe probably knew what they were doing from experience if there wasn't any glass broken.Yeah that's my guess. on the other hand.. I've almost started to like being cell-phoneless. To bad I need to get a new one so I can be an active member of society again. Its the 21st century. What can you do?