New upgrades

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
lovemyraffe

New upgrades

Post by lovemyraffe »

Sorry for the dirty car. The weather has been terrible recently, but I was so excited to get this on I had to post pics.Over the past couple weeks I have tinted the windows (50% on the front, 20% on the rest), added another power supply in the center console to power the Sirius radio given to me by my late father-in-law, scored the coolest deal on wheels and tires. Here are some pics. Once the weather clears up for a few days, I will clean her up and take some better pics.And yes, they are TC rims.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
808 Vibes

Re: New upgrades (lovemyraffe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Cool. BTW, that's not a dirty car!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Sull

Post by Sull »

Awesome!!! I did similar for the tints 5% rears and 50% on the fronts.I thought my antenna for my sirrus was ugly, but yours is way worse being on the front like that. Mine is at least on the back behind the AM/FM antenna. I plan on replacing it with a smaller one and get a shark fin that it can fit inside Makes me laugh when I see your fairing so far back and your bars sticking so far out hahah good laugh Looking good though
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

i like that color, dont see it very often. now get rid of that ugly amber in the tails
lovemyraffe

Re: (Sull)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by Sull »Awesome!!! I did similar for the tints 5% rears and 50% on the fronts.I thought my antenna for my sirrus was ugly, but yours is way worse being on the front like that. Mine is at least on the back behind the AM/FM antenna. I plan on replacing it with a smaller one and get a shark fin that it can fit inside Makes me laugh when I see your fairing so far back and your bars sticking so far out hahah good laugh Looking good though I put the Sirius antenna on the front to keep it away from the Yakima stuff. I have had numerous Yakima setups. With what I regularly carry on top, this is the best configuration and I didn't like the look of the Q-towers on the front. Having the fairing back there reduces the wind noise. I need the wider bars so I can get all my stuff on it. I've tried with 48" bars and it just doesn't work out so well.
petervibe

Post by petervibe »

VERY nice wheels, wish I could find some like those ??!! happy driving, peter
06 Vibe stock for now 84 Carrera911also white 00 Mustang GT vert. 5spd.
vibolista

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by vibolista »

The wheels look great on yor Vibe and the offset is perfect... what is it, do you know? And what size tires did you end up using. Very nice!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
lovemyraffe

Re: (vibolista)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »The wheels look great on yor Vibe and the offset is perfect... what is it, do you know? And what size tires did you end up using. Very nice! Sorry, I don't know the offset. They are from a Scion TC. As far as tires go, they are 225/55/17. A local tire shop came and bought a lift from us and I asked him to make me a deal. He gave these tires to me for free. I won't complain too much for that price.
waveresponder

Re: New upgrades (lovemyraffe)

Post by waveresponder »

looking good!
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Hi,If these photos to you are dirty, please don't EVER come look at my car, even when clean!!!!!!!!!!Nice wheels, not that "fashionable", costs more money than you are making, huge wheel tiny tire fad currently going on.My boss had those ridiculous wheels on his VW Touareg, when he saw the tire prices he immediately put on some sensible sized wheels along with the new tires for less money than just the rubber band tires cost! He CAN afford the tires but saw the folly of investing that much money into something that wears so quickly and costs so much.Yes, they "perform" but for a simple daily commute it begs to be asked "why"?Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
vibolista

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by vibolista »

Great deal. Free tires. Don't think you can beat that. Wheel and tire combination... with those 225/55 17's... look awesome on the car. I'll have to look up the Tc 17 inch rim offset. How do you like the ride? Did you have to adjust your driving syle at all? Even with my punier 225/50 17's... it took a couple of times to get a launch from a standstill right. Gearing is now just a little higher with the larger diameter tires. Engine will have to do fewer RPMs at all speeds. If the weather allows, next time you wash your car and wipe off the new rubber, take some more pictures so we can see the results!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »How do you like the ride? Did you have to adjust your driving syle at all? Even with my punier 225/50 17's... it took a couple of times to get a launch from a standstill right. Gearing is now just a little higher with the larger diameter tires. Engine will have to do fewer RPMs at all speeds. The ride quality didn't change much. Overall, I am loving it. I did have to change my driving style a bit and I am still adjusting.The weather should clear up for the next few days and I will try to get out and get some better pics.