What are you doing to your Vibe this weekend?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Blueridge9

What are you doing to your Vibe this weekend?

Post by Blueridge9 »

What are you doing to your Vibe this Memorial Day weekend?Well I've got a long weekend so now that I'm done hauling bags of mulch and plants I'm washing, vacuuming, checking tire pressure, and changing my cabin filter. In honor of veterans I would LOVE to see a Memorial Day Vibe group photo with salsa or lava red, frosty white and neptune or wave blue Vibes all together.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sull

Re: What are you doing to your Vibe this weekend? (Blueridge9)

Post by Sull »

I waxed my vibe
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
Blueridge9

Re: What are you doing to your Vibe this weekend? (Sull)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Sull, Oh it must look GREAT all clean and shiny. What kind of wax did you use? Yes, I need to wax my Vibe too.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sull

Post by Sull »

Yeah it looks pretty good. Maybe soon I will go all out like whelan!! Check out this he wrote, 3rd post http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=28821 I used Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

hauling stuff.been raining for at least a week straight, washing it would be INSANITY.
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

It may not all happen this weekend, but I'm getting ready for a trip down to NC next month and I'm due for some tune-up and maintenence to include:- oil & filter change- transmission fluid drain & fill- new air filter- new spark plugs- new cabin filter- coolant flush- new wipers (front and back)- rear brakes (possibly)
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Just the normal stuff I do Every weekend....clean interior & check fluid levels. We have been getting lots of rain so i threw some rain-x. I would like to clay bar & wax but too much rain in South Florida lately lol.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

After a 1,000 mile road trip, I have a few surprises coming next week. Stay tuned to find out what new and exciting (ok, not really exciting) things will be coming to my Vibe!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

I gave it a wash, vacuum and some love with Klasse All In One and Klasse Sealant Glaze. I didn't give it too many hours of waxing, just a nice coat for the start of summer.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
Sull

Post by Sull »

OK maybe I did a little more than your standard wash and wax. Products used:Mothers Clay Bar Meguiars ColorX ( Helped a bit, I think? )Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0Mothers Back to BlackRandon Glass CleanerCleaned and shined up the outside + did a little Vacuuming inside and some good old shining + I got my tranny fluid done ( Amsoil Synthetic )And last I ordered up a TWM short shifter ... I'm stoked
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

other than clean up the car, i installed my tein S Tech lowering springs. the car looks soo much better. I need to take off all the goo that was left over from the grafix i tore off (the car looks soo much better clean) and then I am going to buff the crap out of it and give it a good polish.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Prob should install my 03-04 Center Console and 12V Power Supply like I have been waiting to do since January. Still have not installed my Matrix XRS Leather Steering Wheel nor the Wheel Skin Leather Cover.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
808 Vibes

Re: What are you doing to your Vibe this weekend? (ou.grizzly)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I didn't wash the car since it's been gloomy the past few days.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Herb

Re: (Sull)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Sull »And last I ordered up a TWM short shifter ... I'm stoked It's one of my favorite and easiest mods
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
BuckeyeVibe

Post by BuckeyeVibe »

Washed, clay barred, waxed, replaced wipers, changed oil and filter, painted steelies (rust), fixed broken window controller, vacuumed, pressurized tires including spare, and wiped down engine compartment.I bought the vibe yesterday and joined this forum yesterday as well. I'm very glad I found this site.
808 Vibes

Re: What are you doing to your Vibe this weekend? (BuckeyeVibe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Welcome and congrats, Buckeye!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Sull

Post by Sull »

Wow everyone is doing lots of stuff What year BuckeyeVibe ?
NUBlackshirts

Re: (Sull)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Left it parked in the garage while we drove the '09 Fusion to Nebraska.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Mojo72

Re: (NUBlackshirts)

Post by Mojo72 »

I changed the oil w/ Castrol Syntec instead of my old reliable Castrol GTX, replaced the OEM engine belt w/ a Dayco Poly Cog belt, and attempted to replace the O2 sensor. I'm hoping that one of the Vibe Nation experts can help with a question that I posted in another thread about possibly needing a new belt tensioner.
2004 1.8L (1ZZ-FE) Vibe (Lava Red)16" Michelin Destiny tires
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

No longer the weekend but Kari's Vibe got quite a bit of attention today. Oil change, tires rotated and balanced plus the front end was out of whack. Had them do an alignment, and now the wheel is kicked over so it's gotta go back in tomorrow to get that fixed. This evening, I cleaned the inside, washed off by hand and waxed. It looked OK for the 5 minutes of daylight that was left once I was finished.To the comment about the rusty steelies above, good grief that needs to be done here too! The wheels were already replaced once for rusting and now the new ones are doing it again a couple years later. Oh Toyota, your quality paintwork never ceases to amaze me!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
808 Vibes

Re: What are you doing to your Vibe this weekend? (ColonelPanic)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »This evening, I cleaned the inside, washed off by hand and waxed. Man Hero award!!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
moongdss

Post by moongdss »

I spent three hours washing, waxing and detailing her. I can't help but stare lovingly at my awesome car, even in the rain when the water beads up so sweet
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
ianvibe87

Post by ianvibe87 »

Went to A Coldplay Concert!! Amazing and i'm driving my vibe from Pennsylvania to Vermont!
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

i just added a k&n drop in filter in my vibe =D now i got a bajillion more hp wooooo
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black