eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
SeattleJeremy

eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car!

Post by SeattleJeremy »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...rucks The people selling the Vibe GT-R also have the 2005 Pontiac G6 GXP Concept.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...05109
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
ZubenElGenubi

Re: eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car! (Jeremy96gase)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Well, I just paid off my Vibe, but I'm seriously going to see how much financing I can line up. Count me in as a potential bidder.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Wiping the drool from my chin...
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

niceThey took off the antenna and didn't replace it just capped it. So that means no radio stations.You most likely won't be able to register it because of the lack of full vin number.Those momo petals must be very very sliperly if they were wet.it's down right (removed) on wheels!
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Is that the one that they had up at the Michigan meet a few years back? If so, I hope they wiped off the dust 'cause the interior was FILTHY. And it wouldn't start. Needed a new battery I guess.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
NibCrom

Re: eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car! (ColonelPanic)

Post by NibCrom »

I don't like the double spoiler, but that's a pretty nice car.
SeattleJeremy

Re: eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car! (keithvibe)

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »niceThey took off the antenna and didn't replace it just capped it. So that means no radio stations.You most likely won't be able to register it because of the lack of full vin number.Those momo petals must be very very sliperly if they were wet.it's down right (removed) on wheels!They didn't cap the antenna, they just removed the long part. Left the Nub, easy fix. Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Is that the one that they had up at the Michigan meet a few years back? If so, I hope they wiped off the dust 'cause the interior was FILTHY. And it wouldn't start. Needed a new battery I guess.It's common for cars that sit for a long time to have dead batteries. They just need a quick jump.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
breezd

Post by breezd »

That is amazing. I LOVE that car.Too bad it doesn't have a full VIN, and therefore can't be titled. Also, since it is a concept, it probably is not up to emissions standards and is not street legal. Like it says on the auction, its for a COLLECTOR.
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
scherry2

Re: (breezd)

Post by scherry2 »

well all those parts will bolt on to a vibe with the full vin....
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

from that listing's Q&A:Q: How does this car drive and is it street legal? I love Pontiacs and was thinking this is cool way to start a collection. Thanks for your response. Apr-29-09 A: This Vibe drives absoloutely fantastic! Pontiac did a great job making this into a tight little pocket rocket! The Ground Control suspension setup really makes this car handle great and the AEM brakes gives you a lot of confidence and great feedback. In reference to if it is "street legal", every state is different in regards to whether you can license this car with an "Experimental" vin. I dont believe that it can be licensed in Washington State, but I know that each state is different. I would encourage you to speak with your local Department of Licensing as I am sure they could give you a clear answer. Thanks. I can see just swapping everything into a legal car. The price really isn't bad at all at the moment, for what is essentially a brand new car with a ton of mods to it. I paid 10k for mine with 47,000 miles on it and no mods but a cigarette burn in the headliner
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
NascarXprt

Re: eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car! (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by NascarXprt »

Go for it Glenn! and ill drive over to Houston to visit it and pay you to take me out for a spin in it
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ZubenElGenubi

Re: eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car! (NascarXprt)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I just got off the phone with a local branch of the Texas Dept. of Transportation (TxDoT). They believe that the 8-digit VIN is an indication that the vehicle does not pass federal safety and/or emission laws and that it cannot be titled. Also, I would need to get information on its Certificate of Origin as well to establish a legal chain of ownership (i.e., GM to Park Place Ltd), however, the disclaimer at the bottom of the listing states that "the vehicle will be conveyed to buyer with no manufacturer statement of origin or title". This means it may be impossible to establish a clear title in Texas. What is interesting is that there is a 17-digit VIN listed in the auction (1G2ZH5483540017EX) as well as an 8-digit VIN at the bottom of the listing (329N0150).Nevertheless, even though I'd be willing to invest a couple thousand extra to upgrade emissions (which is likely the missing component), I'm not interested in car that I can't drive around once in a while. So, I'm out.Hey, guess that means I should spend my money on the car I got!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

If they put that thing up for sale three years ago, there'd be a lot more than one bid by now.sweet color
IMakeVibes

Re: eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car! (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by IMakeVibes »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »What is interesting is that there is a 17-digit VIN listed in the auction (1G2ZH5483540017EX) as well as an 8-digit VIN at the bottom of the listing (329N0150). Deciphering that second number, 329N is the manufacturers model number. At the time this was made, the current Vibe model number was 329N and the Corolla was 330N. Currently that is 152 for the Vibe and 150 for the Corolla. So this pilot car was the 150th pre-production Vibe made.Pre production (or pilot) jobs are built for different purposes. Some are for testing of parts, some are for crash tests, some go to ad agencies for print ads and commercials, some go to the manufacturer (GM) for testing, some go to parts suppliers for their testing, some are used for internal testing, others go other places. After all pilot jobs are built, all the remaining parts that are left over that were used to make them are destroyed as they were only made for pre production purposes and were not meant for production vehicles. Also some parts used to make them may have been changed along the way for production use. Most pilot jobs do get a full vin, some don't, I have no idea what determines that. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it or it isn't safe to drive. It just was not made to be registered as a private party vehicle. It is a sic Vibe though. I hope it finds a good home.
_Brent_

Post by _Brent_ »

I would love to have this car, but really don't have room for a museum piece.
vibolista

Re: eBay find : 2002 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Sema show car! (_Brent_)

Post by vibolista »

Someone desingned the stuff, someone built the stuff, someone attached it to a Vibe, and it looked great back then and it still looks great now. Why in the heck didn't GM/Pontiac offer that stuff for our Vibes?!? How many on our forum would opt for that look? Best looking Vibe on the Planet. GM/Pontiac must not have had a clue and didn't pick up on it. Maybe this is one of the many reasons they are in the shape they're in right now.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Looks like the car did not sell. There had been one bid, but it was retracted with the reason"Explanation: Seller changed the description of the item"
Mariachi

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Mariachi »

i wouldn't have minded buying that car. its sick.
NascarXprt

Re: (mando7744)

Post by NascarXprt »

it looks like it might go back up for auction, no bids were placed.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Does anyone know where this Vibe is now?
vibolista

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by vibolista »

So, you can't license it. It's not legal to drive on the road. When someone gets tired of looking at it in the garage, maybe it will go up for sale again. Buy it cheap. Take all the goodies off and transfer it to a proper Vibe. Voila... Legal GT-R!!!!!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires