Vibe and Dealership

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
djkeev

Vibe and Dealership

Post by djkeev »

So,Because of my owning a Sunfire (don't laugh! it's NOT a girl car!!)....is it??Anyway, I was once again at my local Pontiac Dealer. I walk in and the parts dept is in the service dept. The service manager, the service writer and the parts guy are all sitting there surfing the net and goofing off. There is one mechanic in the spotless shop quietly working, you could literally hear a pin drop!I made some crack about how quiet it is and they all made the usual motions and comments about how bad business is.I then say to them jokingly that my Vibe is still under warranty if they'd like I could break something and give them some work.The service managers response was this "That's the trouble with those Vibes, NOTHING ever breaks on them!)To which I replied that is the very reason they've never seen my 07 Vibe in their shop. (I do ALL my own service work)I left with a slight smile on my face from that and a look of shock over what GM wants for some simple 2.2 engine parts!!! No wonder people don't shop dealerships for repair parts! $263 for an oil pump! $155 for a water pump!!In all fairness some parts are the same, close to or even cheaper than after market (wires, tensioner, etc). I'll buy these at Pontiac, I'll shop local when it makes sense to, if they go out of business, I've got two Pontiacs and the dealer is very easy to get to when I need them, the next closest is a 20 minute drive. I don't however have enough money to single handedly save GM though with the other prices!Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Dave,It's good to know that even the $tealerships think that the Vibe is a great car. I'm almost to 70,000 miles and haven't done anything but oil changes. However, I have to say that the Sunfire is quite a girly car.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
808 Vibes

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Nothing has broken on us yet either (knock wood!!) My seat belt bolt did come undone on the driver's side back floor a few weeks ago I took it down and they just hand-tightened it (duh, I could've done that myself, but wasn't sure if there was some part on the other side of the panel that was missing...)
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Dave,It's good to know that even the $tealerships think that the Vibe is a great car. I'm almost to 70,000 miles and haven't done anything but oil changes. However, I have to say that the Sunfire is quite a girly car.Yeah, only real men can drive one! One must be confident in their masculinity I guess. In the past I had a Miata, was informed that's the Gay car of choice. If you google most convertibles, they almost all come up as female cars! Even the "manly" Corvette is getting a female image it appears.Must say my wife loves it, my daughters like it as well.Honestly, with it being a convertible it is tough to beat on a warm summer evening! One of the cheapest drop tops you can lay your hands on! A lot of bang for the buck.I've got my Toyota 4x4 v6 stick shift Pickup, that helps doesn't it??I wonder if I've really got Two Pontiacs or Two Toyotas??!?Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
zionzr2

Re: (djkeev)

Post by zionzr2 »

If you want a Male car then you need to look no further than Volo!Its got man stamped all over it.Don't believe me???Take a closer look at the Logo!
Eloi

Post by Eloi »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Dave,It's good to know that even the $tealerships think that the Vibe is a great car. I'm almost to 70,000 miles and haven't done anything but oil changes. However, I have to say that the Sunfire is quite a girly car.I had my Sunfire from 1996 to 2008 and never considered it as a girlie car...And the fact that it had more than 353,000 km (220,000 miles) when I let it go really pleased me. It had been a great car. Hopefully my 2009 Vibe will be as great...So far, after close to one year, not a single problem.
2009 Vibe (2.4L) - Manual - Red Hot Metallic
Mavrik

Re: (Eloi)

Post by Mavrik »

I used to own a 95 black Sunfire GT 5spd before I bought a Vibe. It wasn't a girl's car though the girls did like it haha. That car took me everywhere. I probably had close to 170,000 KM on it when I sold it for $5000.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page