Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic beep moduel

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
lowincash

Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic beep moduel

Post by lowincash »

as you all know the vibe doesn't make any sound when you lock and unlock the car. i've always wanted that soft beep sound like that of the toyota and lexus and don't' really like the horn honk when you lock. i found this module that fits any car models and it will give you a beep sound when locking/unlocking. they sell it for $39.99 plus $9.99 shipping. do you think it's worth $50 for the module plus $$ to install just for a beep sound?here's a link to the modulehttp://kptechnologies.com/products.php#/9here's a link to a video of the module installed into a g35 coupehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc9PXap0PUki've actually bought this module used from some member when i had my maxima a few years back but i sold it because i couldn't find anyone to install it for me lol but i'm just kinda sick of having to always check a few times to see if it's locked or not =/
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
BlueCrush

Re: Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic beep moduel (lowincash)

Post by BlueCrush »

Mine is a free DIY: Press lock, I say "beep". Press unlock, I say "beep, beep". Works like a charm but I think I am going to upgrade to the deluxe voice model DIY: Press lock, I say "lock". Press unlock, I say "unlock". It's really cool! ($50 for a beep is not worth the $$ IMO.)
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sublimewind

Re: Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic beep moduel (BlueCrush)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Mine is a free DIY: Press lock, I say "beep". Press unlock, I say "beep, beep". Works like a charm but I think I am going to upgrade to the deluxe voice model DIY: Press lock, I say "lock". Press unlock, I say "unlock". It's really cool! ($50 for a beep is not worth the $$ IMO.) LOL....
Caretaker

Re: Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic beep moduel (lowincash)

Post by Caretaker »

I actually was very mad when I purchased the alarm system on the '09 vibe and it did not have the chirping noise. I find it impossible to find my car half the time in large parking lots. Even when I hit the panic alarm, it doesn't always work because the range isn't very good. Will this chirping devise extend the range of my remote, and will it work with my existing vibe remote?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »as you all know the vibe doesn't make any sound when you lock and unlock the car. i've always wanted that soft beep sound like that of the toyota and lexus and don't' really like the horn honk when you lock. Your Vibe horn goes honk? Mine just makes this humble little beep sound.
lowincash

Re: Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic beep moduel (joatmon)

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Your Vibe horn goes honk? Mine just makes this humble little beep sound.yeah i changed out the wimpy stock horn...it was too embarassing even i laughed out loud when i first honked at someone for cutting me off lol it was like "meeep meep, excuse me can you please move?" lol changed to some louder more manly sounding horn =P
lowincash

Re: Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic beep moduel (BlueCrush)

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Mine is a free DIY: Press lock, I say "beep". Press unlock, I say "beep, beep". Works like a charm but I think I am going to upgrade to the deluxe voice model DIY: Press lock, I say "lock". Press unlock, I say "unlock". It's really cool! ($50 for a beep is not worth the $$ IMO.) i tried that but i get laughed at haha but yeah like Caretaker says, it's sometimes hard to find the car in the parking lot and the range on the remote sucks. but i like the sound to it tho...i've always liked the soft beep from toyota.
musicmanmu

Post by musicmanmu »

Depending on the installation fee, yes, I'd say it's worth it.I'm going to hold out and get a Viper alarm system/remote start installed. I had one in my Envoy and I loved it. I could start my car from my 9th floor office window several hundered feet away!
2009 Vibe GT - Navy Blue Metallic

rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »yeah i changed out the wimpy stock horn...it was too embarassing even i laughed out loud when i first honked at someone for cutting me off lol it was like "meeep meep, excuse me can you please move?" lol changed to some louder more manly sounding horn =Pso they still havent changed that with the new vibe? swapping a new horn was one of the best things ive done for my car
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Can purchase a Toyota Alarm that will make the vehicle chirp.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

well i sent the check today for this beep beep module and i'm going to try to install it myself with the help of a friend.installation seems pretty easy, one wire to power, ground, ignition, lock input, and unlock input. just gotta find the right wire lol we'll see how it comes out. i really miss having the option to hear the car lock so i know it's locked instead of pressing the lock a few times to be sure.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Sorry dude, IMHO you got ripped off.You can accomplish the same thing with $10 in parts from radioshack. I did that exact thing on my G6...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
lowincash

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Sorry dude, IMHO you got ripped off.You can accomplish the same thing with $10 in parts from radioshack. I did that exact thing on my G6...any info on how you wired it up on your G6?
striker1211

Re: Like to hear your opinion on something -- electronic bee

Post by striker1211 »

Haha of course not
My Vehicle: 2008 Vibe Moon & Tunes 1.8L ATX
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

striker1211 wrote:Haha of course not
There are a number of threads here about getting the horn to beep when the remote is locked or unlocked. try a topic title search for horn lock I don't have power locks so can't invent a way myself. Seems like the best low cost alternative is to somehow tie a relay in to the lock/unlock signal coming off the keyless entry receiver, to drive the horn relay

Also, at one point GMJAP was selling mod kits to do that but he stopped about three years ago.

If you want to ask ragingfish what he did, probably best to try to reach him over at http://www.g6performance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VibeBear

Post by VibeBear »

I thought factory systems were designed to honk the horn if you pressed the lock button twice? I seem to remember that being the way with our G6... until we put in an aftermarket system (now it does it all the time)
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305/5-speed, Bright Dark Teal
2009 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L/5-speed, Carbon Grey