09 2.4l remote keyless entry will not work tailgate

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
higgs

09 2.4l remote keyless entry will not work tailgate

Post by higgs »

I have just purchased an 09 2.4l with factory Remote Keyless entry. The manual states that the RKE will unlock and lock the tailgate, but it does NOT. The dealer has taken the tailgate apart and states that it was not meant to be operated by the RKE system. Does anyone else have this problem? Please help.
lowincash

Re: 09 2.4l remote keyless entry will not work tailgate (higgs)

Post by lowincash »

you're talking about the key with the remote built in right? it's suppose to unlock the hatch when you press it twice. first click is to unlock driver door only...then second click unlocks all the other doors including the hatch.are you saying that when you press it twice the hatch won't unlock even tho all the other doors are unlocked?
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
higgs

Re: 09 2.4l remote keyless entry will not work tailgate (lowincash)

Post by higgs »

yep, the key with the remote built in, and it works for all of the doors except the tailgate
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

It is supposed to unlock the hatch on the 2nd click as lowincash stated. Your dealer is wrong. Get out your owners manual and turn to section 2-4 (page 62). Show it to your dealer and see what he says then.
Eloi

Post by Eloi »

Quote, originally posted by higgs »I have just purchased an 09 2.4l with factory Remote Keyless entry. The manual states that the RKE will unlock and lock the tailgate, but it does NOT. The dealer has taken the tailgate apart and states that it was not meant to be operated by the RKE system. Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. I can't believe that some dealers are so clueless about the product they're selling...Like the others say, when you press once, it unlocks the driver's door, when you press twice, it unlocks all other doors, INCLUDING the tailgate.You've got to make the dealer get it working the right way.
2009 Vibe (2.4L) - Manual - Red Hot Metallic
psiu

Post by psiu »

Does the interior button unlock it?
safooma

Re: (psiu)

Post by safooma »

I too can verify what others are saying:One click opens just the drivers door. Two clicks opens everything else(including the rear hatch). Make them fix it.
Silver 2009 Base 1.8 5spdMPG info for my vibe: http://www.cleanmpg.com/index....=2758
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

I remember reading somewhere that there was an option to have the hatch unlock with the key or to have it unlock manually. I can't remember if that was for the vibe or the versa though. It is possible that they put in a manual hatch, you will have to ask them to change it.