New 2009 Vibe Owners Likes and Dislikes

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ned23

Re: (lowincash)

Post by ned23 »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »- when you have the sunroof all the way opened (after auto stopped you press to fully open it) there's a very nasty vibration sound that kind of hurts the ear when driving around maybe 15-25 mph or so...slightly open the window and it goes away.Is the flap on your sunroof popping up when the sunroof opens? When air blows accross a sun roof it will cause resonance inside the car, much like blowing on a jug to make music. The sunroof should have a flap that pops up when it opens to disrupt the smooth airflow over the opening.Also, opening a window destroys the effect as you noticed. It's like punching a hole in the jug.
ned23

Re: New 2009 Vibe Owners Likes and Dislikes (shemp)

Post by ned23 »

These are observations on the actual 2009 2.4L I purchased, not on the Vibe line in general:Dislikes:1. The accelerator is Waaaaay to touchy2. The mileage is lower than I expected, but it may improve3. The "flip-shift" thinks its smarter than me and will shift gears even when I don't want it too. I may want to lock it into 4th and accelerate in 4th but if I press the accelerator too much it will still go into 3rd. Likes:Pretty much everything else.
musicmanmu

Re: New 2009 Vibe Owners Likes and Dislikes (ned23)

Post by musicmanmu »

Here's something I recently discovered that bugs me:On a cold morning when you want to warm up the car and then go back inside, you cannot simply use the second key fob door locker to lock the doors - you have to manually lock the doors with the second key. I know that's a minor inconvenience, but coming from having a remote starter to that, it sucks. I definitely will look at a remote starter/alarm for 2009
2009 Vibe GT - Navy Blue Metallic

GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

So for all you guys that want to turn off the Traction Control.... Apparently if you hold the off switch, rather then just push it, it will shut off the stability control as well as the traction control and both systems will not turn back on when you increase speed. Just reading the manuel, they could be lying though.
file014

Post by file014 »

Hate the hard armrest. No fold down front seat in the base, why? Auto trans seems a little "searchy" at lower speeds. Is it the drive by wire? No 12V or Mp3 jack in the center console, 09 corolla has a 12V so you can charge and hide your gps, then it has a notch for the cord to come out and still charge. Console smaller than the one in my cavalier. Poor rear visibility. Wish the whole car was 6-12" longer for more room, same mpg.Everything else I love.