The bad view angle

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ParknVibe

The bad view angle

Post by ParknVibe »

No matter how I want to like the style of my 2009 Vibe, I really feel the public looking at my car from this viewing angle ...want to look away. This view or design shape of the body is just not pleasing to my eyes. See the attached picture "Mybadviewvibe"What is your opinion?

Attached files
kowell

Re: The bad view angle (Ivibe)

Post by kowell »

Maybe it's the color.I have the red one with similar equipment and honestly when it's clean and freshly waxed people generaly like it.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
Mavrik

Re: The bad view angle (kowell)

Post by Mavrik »

Back into your spot and problem solved lol
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hmm does look odd, its so shapely then theres the rectangle rear window...kinda throws everything off.....
kowell

Re: (northvibe)

Post by kowell »

The white one looks weird from behind. Since the contrast between the white body and dark window is so strong, youe eye is immediatly taken to the rear window which looks strangely small
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

it's not too bad. but for me i only like the GT cuz it looks better than the other models. the GT seems to look good or at least ok from any angle haha but yah might be the color of the car? i saw pictures on ebay of a black vibe with roof racks and it looks nice from all angles.edit: maybe add a spoiler from the GT model to the rear and it should look better
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
kevera

Re: (lowincash)

Post by kevera »

Doesn't look that bad,maybe as said,a spoiler may add something,but I think it's in your head.What I really think all of them need is a drop,man they sit way too high.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
psiu

Post by psiu »

Actually thats one of the few angles I like of the new one.
kunkstyle

Re: (psiu)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by Ivibe »I really feel the public looking at my car from this viewing angle ...want to look awaySo? Do you like the styling? I could really care less what people driving past my driveway think.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

It's the horrid tail lights that does it... I wish people would just stop with the altteza thing, there was one car that they looked good on... THE ALTTEZA... lol...
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

""maybe add a spoiler from the GT model to the rear and it should look better ""After reading all of the comments so far. First I can not believe how many of you Vibe guys are online at the same time!!!!Second, Nothing against the GT lovers, but I never like the look or even the idea of tacking on that spoiler. I feel it makes it look worst.I feel the rear window should be extended downward and have more flare with all the other curves. The older Vibes have a nice rear hatch and window. I waited months to get the picture view of the hatch only to be let down.To clarify the picture's view I submitted, I don't like how the lower window curved line or the side rear door makes the window narrower. Then that curved fender bulge over the rear wheel stands out to much. It is the look down the side of the body from that vanishing point. When one is up close to the rear corner it looks good, but from far away ....very odd looking??? All other views of the car I have no problem. I nevered like that view even on the Pontiac 360 spin view when they had the first web site (that was better then the latest web page).One last thing, I like about the new Vibe, is that the front windshield has a lower angle. That and the front grill are the some of the bigest style improvements for this car.
kevera

Re: (Ivibe)

Post by kevera »

I see what you are saying,and noticed in this pic,the Matrix has a larger rear window.

Attached files
DarkVibe

Re: (kevera)

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I see what you are saying,and noticed in this pic,the Matrix has a larger rear window.it might appear bigger, but it has that black boarder on it, i bet it's the same size as the vibe, if not smaller... just a though i've not seen one up close yet.
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
rAERRK

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »It's the horrid tail lights that does it... I wish people would just stop with the altteza thing, there was one car that they looked good on... THE ALTTEZA... lol... agreed. aside from the matrixy profile the new vibe has, the tail design and position are definitely the killer.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

yeah i do wish they changed the tail lights a bit...i like the previous gen's tail but that won't flow with the new vibe. well at least they didn't use chrome housing for the tail lights that would look more ugly lol
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Don't understand GM/Toyota sometimes. The new Trix is not a great looking design to me. The poor thing looks like it was drawn by isolated teams in different parts of the planet and then cobbled together. The new Vibe is way nicer looking, especially from the front and sides. I've written this before. Someone dozed off and forgot to 'style' the back end of the new Vibe, right after they finished the tail lights. It's just not a good end, after such a nice start up front. Maybe it wouldn't be as noticeable in black with dark window tint?
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

I'm going to have to go with the shape of the window on the rear that is causing the "bad" view. I know the contrast between the lighter colors and the windows just make it stick out even more. I don't know if tint would fix that to a certain extent... my guess is it could possibly make it look even worse, but I'm not sure. It doesn't bother me enough that I would say I don't like the new style though, because I really like the way the rest of the car looks.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
bull77

Re: The bad view angle (Toasted7)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by Toasted7 »I'm going to have to go with the shape of the window on the rear that is causing the "bad" view. I know the contrast between the lighter colors and the windows just make it stick out even more. I don't know if tint would fix that to a certain extent... my guess is it could possibly make it look even worse, but I'm not sure. It doesn't bother me enough that I would say I don't like the new style though, because I really like the way the rest of the car looks. +1 i think its probably the color more than anything that plays with your eye
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

(removed) that angle is bad. Put a bag over it! Seriously though, it is bad. maybe the color has something to do with it too.
kevera

Re: The bad view angle (ToolGuy)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by DarkVibe »it might appear bigger, but it has that black boarder on it, i bet it's the same size as the vibe, if not smaller... just a though i've not seen one up close yet.I don't know how you can say that,because that's all glass.That makes it a larger rear window. But it does look like visibility is close to the same.

Attached files
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

the matrix has a smaller rear 3rd window than the vibe. the window on the hatch is big but the ones on the side is so small it's no point putting them there.
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

You shoud have bought the 09 Matrix.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
Toasted7

Re: The bad view angle (ToolGuy)

Post by Toasted7 »

Quote, originally posted by ToolGuy »(removed) that angle is bad. Put a bag over it! Seriously though, it is bad. maybe the color has something to do with it too. Maybe it's a double-bagger: One bag over it and one bag over my head... just in case its bag falls off.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
DarkVibe

Re: The bad view angle (kevera)

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I don't know how you can say that,because that's all glass.That makes it a larger rear window. But it does look like visibility is close to the same. lol, i know what part we're talking about no need to circle it, lol.but... if we're going to pull out the red marker, i marked in red the "black boarder" i was talking about earlier , which if i'm right, is not see though, thus leads me to believe it's smaller. however, once again, i've not seen it in person, so i'm just pulling that out of my back pocket.
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »yeah i do wish they changed the tail lights a bit...i like the previous gen's tail but that won't flow with the new vibe. well at least they didn't use chrome housing for the tail lights that would look more ugly lolI am surprised how many do not like the tail light lens. I like them and I like the front lights as well. They are both "space age looking."I just hope water does not get in them. (a lot air space in there). The 2009 Matrix rear lights looks like they came from an old 50's car that had tail wings. The Matrix body design fails in all respects.About the Vibe, they should of made the side door windows lower so I can place my arm on them. For some reason they lowered the windshield angle (good), but raised the door body (bad). However the side view of the car looks good.....but go toward the rear and look at the side and it looks bad. Another thing that bugs me, is that I can not see any part of the front Hood from the front seat... even it I lift myself up to look.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by Ivibe »About the Vibe, they should of made the side door windows lower so I can place my arm on them. For some reason they lowered the windshield angle (good), but raised the door body (bad). However the side view of the car looks good.....but go toward the rear and look at the side and it looks bad. Another thing that bugs me, is that I can not see any part of the front Hood from the front seat... even it I lift myself up to look. regarding not being able to see the hood...i noticed that too on my test drive...feels kind of odd because i'm always used to seeing my hood lol anyways, do you find it hard to judge the distance when parking or something?
jerryn

Post by jerryn »

What's wrong with that view? Is this another propaganda thread? You are comparing a Base Vibe to a Matrix XR too. You should compare to a Vibe GT. There's nothing wrong wrong with that view you posted, nice clean lines.
jerryn

Re: The bad view angle (NOT)

Post by jerryn »

I like it. You get an excellent view of the road ahead of you.
kevera

Re: The bad view angle (DarkVibe)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by DarkVibe »lol, i know what part we're talking about no need to circle it, lol.but... if we're going to pull out the red marker, i marked in red the "black boarder" i was talking about earlier , which if i'm right, is not see though, thus leads me to believe it's smaller. however, once again, i've not seen it in person, so i'm just pulling that out of my back pocket. I almost areed with ya,reread my post.Now post up some pics in the "Garage" of your ride.BTW you did have a better red marker.Quote, originally posted by jerryn » You are comparing a Base Vibe to a Matrix XR too. You should compare to a Vibe GT. It was an XRS,doesn't change the size of the window though.Is it like going 11 seconds in the 1/4
ParknVibe

Re: The bad view angle (jerryn)

Post by ParknVibe »

Quote, originally posted by jerryn »What's wrong with that view? Is this another propaganda thread? You are comparing a Base Vibe to a Matrix XR too. You should compare to a Vibe GT. There's nothing wrong wrong with that view you posted, nice clean lines.Okay.. The Vibe GT main difference is the suspension. I also have the 2.4L with automatic. I rather have a soft ride. I never like that spoiler tacked on the smaller spoiler... that is the main reason I did not buy the GT. The side view with it on does not please me. I also wanted the roof rack anyway. Don't get the wrong idea, I like the New Vibe. I never like the old nor do I like the look of the new Matrix. However, where I live, there are Matrixes everywhere I look. Very few Vibes running around. I will also state it again, the view from about that position (either side) is a very odd look...(the side windows get to narrow at the rear seat door. ) but I will have to live with it. I am glad that some of you like it. If one is going to design a car body...it must look pleasing to the eyes from any viewing angle. I started this thread because it always bothered me but no one talked about it as far as I know within GenVibe.
kevera

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by Ivibe »I started this thread because it always bothered me but no one talked about it as far as I know within GenVibe. You are correct.It's a shame that seems to bug you so much.I don't like the taillights,but the angle and rear part of the new Vibe,I like.Just enjoy your new Vibe.You can find a flaw in any vehicle.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

yeah get a camera man because i'm one of those who loves the new vibe gt and would appreciate it to see more pictures =D
bull77

Re: The bad view angle (lowincash)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »yeah get a camera man because i'm one of those who loves the new vibe gt and would appreciate it to see more pictures =D+1 --- esp. the red ones
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Everything works except two things, one which will never be fixed from the factory. That would be wheel gap. The second would be the size of the rear glass. I know the last Vibe did not have wrap around either, but the glass seemed to cover more area than the current version.FYI to help out the angle, pickup on what the person with the blue one has, get the rear spoiler, def. enhances it.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
trask

Post by trask »

I am really enjoying my 09 Vibe GT. I wanted an economy car with a little zing, could things be better on it ? absolutely! It fits my needs for what I am using it for,and I like that the rear seats actually fold down flat, something I noticed some of the other hatchbacks would not do. I think the rear window could be bigger though.
2009 Vibe GT Sold
2012 Prius Four
2004 GMC HD2500
trask

Post by trask »

Here it is up by Mt Hood Oregon.

Attached files
2009 Vibe GT Sold
2012 Prius Four
2004 GMC HD2500
lowincash

Re: (trask)

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by trask »Here it is up by Mt Hood Oregon.wow that's a nice pic...they can use that on one of their ads or something lol
millster

Post by millster »

Both of you knock it off now or you're both going to have no choice but to go somewhere else. DarkVibe, Kevera did not start anything with you in this thread so there was no need for it to go where it did. Kevera, you should not have continued it. I don't normally like to call people out in public but this is getting ridiculous. Now, back to what this thread was originally about or it gets locked. That includes trying to apologize in this thread. Keep that to IM, please.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
shemp

Post by shemp »

I'm not a fan of the appearance of the '09 Vibe myself. Not the ugliest car on the road, but far from the prettiest. I bought it for the practicallity and (hopefully) longevity. The best part about it is when I'm driving it, I don't have to look at it!
2009 Vibe GT
ou.grizzly

Re: The bad view angle (kevera)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I don't know how you can say that,because that's all glass.That makes it a larger rear window. But it does look like visibility is close to the same. It may be more glass, but honestly would that little port hole of a window help while driving and switching lanes? It may help when backing out of a spot, but aside from that?I do agree, it does look like the same amount of glass. The Vibe has those 2 extra windows next to the rear windows while the Matrix has near the rear window - looks like it would be a lot harder to tint, that is for sure. 09 Matrix back window may be bigger, some of that glass is "black" which indicates structurally, there is metal under there.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi