2009 Vibe GT automatic test drive, we didn't buy it.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
lowincash

Re: (BoostFrenzy)

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by BoostFrenzy »well if a vibe OF ANY YEAR is quieter and more luxurious than your maxima, your maxima has a ton of worn out seals and needs some work, not that i consider ANY "luxury" japanese cars to hold HALF a candle to a german car, but still... last thing i think of in a jap econobox like the vibe is cabin quietness yeah i do think my car is pretty damn worn out =/ i was originally thinking of getting the new jetta but i don't really trust vw's reliability yet. if i go german vw's the only one i can afford for now lol i don't really want toyota or honda or nissan for that matter, because they're everywhere only reason i chose the new vibe was because it's pretty much a toyota and i barely see one in my area. i think i've only seen a silver 09 gt like few months back. i don't really consider my maxima any luxury car or even close to one. but i think i am going to miss having heated steering wheel...that thing comes in VERY handy =D as for cabin quietness...it won't be lexus quiet but it'll be better than my maxima for sure. i don't care for engine noise i just hate wind noise mostly.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
BoostFrenzy

Re: (lowincash)

Post by BoostFrenzy »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »yeah i do think my car is pretty damn worn out =/ i was originally thinking of getting the new jetta but i don't really trust vw's reliability yet. if i go german vw's the only one i can afford for now lol i don't really want toyota or honda or nissan for that matter, because they're everywhere only reason i chose the new vibe was because it's pretty much a toyota and i barely see one in my area. i think i've only seen a silver 09 gt like few months back. i don't really consider my maxima any luxury car or even close to one. but i think i am going to miss having heated steering wheel...that thing comes in VERY handy =D as for cabin quietness...it won't be lexus quiet but it'll be better than my maxima for sure. i don't care for engine noise i just hate wind noise mostly.yeah a vibe is very wise when it's up against a VW/Audi, i've owned probably ~12 Audis in the last 6yrs or so (audi's just a nicer VW but add the element of mexico assembling it on top of crap electronics and horribly untested "innovation") and i've come to the conclusion that a VAG (volkswagen audi gruppe) product is the NICEST piece of crap money can buy... but when they're perfect with no issues there isn't anything like them for a daily driver/winter.i really wish they'd make something other than a chromey polished wheel option for the GT's though.... YUCK!vibe would look a lot better with similar wheels, maybe gunmetal/dark rims are played out, but i like how they look with a reflective/sparkly clearcoat
-2008 Corvette Coupe MN6, tuned & tinted... more mods to follow-2007 Mazda3 S-touring hatchback 5spd AUTO, stock & tinted. GF's-2003 Pontiac Vibe base AUTO, stock and winter duty (185k miles)gone but not forgotton...02 Z06, 04 & 05 STi, 93 & 94 RX-7 TT, 89&90&91 Audi 80/90, 02 A4
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

again, I'd disagree on the prev impreza yrs being "better" than the new. but taht's me. I have an 07 and now an 08. I prefer the 08 over the 07 any day, but again, that's just me. I've never been a fan of the old impreza style, so perhaps that makes the difference.as for the new Vibes/trixes, I do agree with you. It seems since they first came out, each yr GT model got lamer and lamer until now when it's only a GT in name and badging/exterior. I was really going to consider one, but once I found that out, no more higher hp/fun car no thanks. Kinda ruins the fun of having the GT vs the base imo, but again, that's just me. and i agree, any car, after enough wear and tear will get rattles, squeaks, etc.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Re: (DarkVibe)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by DarkVibe »no worries, i'm not, i am however 'sad' that the members of a VIBE site are saying don't buy a VIBE, great way to treat your new members. i have to say i'm very happy with my vibe, it's my first new/nice car, so for me it's a step up. you are proud of your vibe, as i am with mine, please let me have that.a) the edit button is there for a reasonb) i edited it less then a minute after i postedFYI acting like an @$$ won't get you very far. but whatever helps you sleep at night i guess. I'm glad you like your new Vibe.But from a previous generation Vibe owner,I think they took a step back.And being in the market for another ride,I looked at the 09's.Not inpressed at all,so I state my opinion,it's a public forum bud,deal with it.Oh and I sleep like a rock at night.Guess you don't know me very well.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
BoostFrenzy

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by BoostFrenzy »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »again, I'd disagree on the prev impreza yrs being "better" than the new. but taht's me. I have an 07 and now an 08. I prefer the 08 over the 07 any day, but again, that's just me. I've never been a fan of the old impreza style, so perhaps that makes the difference.as for the new Vibes/trixes, I do agree with you. It seems since they first came out, each yr GT model got lamer and lamer until now when it's only a GT in name and badging/exterior. I was really going to consider one, but once I found that out, no more higher hp/fun car no thanks. Kinda ruins the fun of having the GT vs the base imo, but again, that's just me. and i agree, any car, after enough wear and tear will get rattles, squeaks, etc. well IMO all STI's are (removed) ugly, but isn't that why we loved them in the first place?lol, don't get me wrong I like the new STI, but i think the car was a much better value earlier in it's life and the new multilink in the rear isn't doing well in wrc eithernow the 135i, there's a car i almost paid too much for and walked away with only 300hp, that thing is a BLAST
-2008 Corvette Coupe MN6, tuned & tinted... more mods to follow-2007 Mazda3 S-touring hatchback 5spd AUTO, stock & tinted. GF's-2003 Pontiac Vibe base AUTO, stock and winter duty (185k miles)gone but not forgotton...02 Z06, 04 & 05 STi, 93 & 94 RX-7 TT, 89&90&91 Audi 80/90, 02 A4
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

oooh, the 135i... I have yet to get myself down to BMW to test out! Also, no MR's here to test out that DSG box! I want to see how that system works (even though top gear or whatever said it sucked).
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BoostFrenzy

Post by BoostFrenzy »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »oooh, the 135i... I have yet to get myself down to BMW to test out! Also, no MR's here to test out that DSG box! I want to see how that system works (even though top gear or whatever said it sucked).135i is a TON of fun, but add a few options then look at the MSRP (or even invoice), look at the tiny crap runflats you get and now i hear dinan flashes are no longer supported by factory warranty... all adds up to a oddly shaped somewhat odd looking car (better in person) with the potentional to explode and you'll never hook up from a stop anyway while you're trapping under 110mph with that flash and can't fit larger turbos next to the frame rail, i decided against it.now if i had some kind of status symbol thing to prove and i was cool with how fast it is stock i woulda bought it, it was a lot of fun to drive and the interior's pretty nice.from what i understand the Evo X is one hell of a machine, but it doesn't interest me (again price, since when do corvette guys ***** about pricing?), someone needs to get back to a GC-ish curb weighted car with some AWD & balls, maybe the upcoming genesis coupe which is SUPPOSED to share the evo's 4b11 and be priced under 25k will be the ticket to make subaru/mitsu put up or shut up?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

we're waiting to see what the subaru/toyota 2 door will end up looking like. we want to do a GC build, but that may not happen if we can't find a decent one by the end of next year.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
DarkVibe

Re: (kevera)

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »But from a previous generation Vibe owner,I think they took a step back.and from someone who's had a lot of contact and drive time with an '05, i think they're doing just fine, the interior is nicer, cleaner, and more grown-up. the exterior is sporty, the 'face' of the car is just plain mean. there is a noticeable increase in torque, and the ride is very quiet.Quote, originally posted by kevera »Oh and I sleep like a rock at night.Guess you don't know me very well.like i said, what ever helps you sleep. and i may not know you, but i know your kind, bud.
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
Yanner

Post by Yanner »

The original post reminds me than when I was shopping around and considering the 09, all the reviews you can find online are very very mixed, and im talking about the professional and semi professional reviews. However, owner reviews seems to be for the major part positive.I think it comes down mostly to the Electric Power Steering. The feel is different from most cars most have experience with and it takes some getting used to, at least for me.As for cabin noise, remember that this is a wagon with hard platic interior pieces in the back. I don't think you'd ever get it as quiet as a sedan.
nygiantzz1

Re: (Yanner)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

Quote, originally posted by Yanner »I think it comes down mostly to the Electric Power Steering. The feel is different from most cars most have experience with and it takes some getting used to, at least for me.This is the only negative I have found with my 09. The handling is fine but the steering response is a bit odd. I have learned to ease up on the way I grip the wheel and it has helped. Overall, the 09's are great, I got all the safety features I didn't have on my 06 plus a much quieter ride and more power.
BoostFrenzy

Post by BoostFrenzy »

i don't think it was the steering response that bothered me, it was the boatloads of body roll & sidewall flex
kevera

Re: (nygiantzz1)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by nygiantzz1 »This is the only negative I have found with my 09. The handling is fine but the steering response is a bit odd. I have learned to ease up on the way I grip the wheel and it has helped. Overall, the 09's are great, I got all the safety features I didn't have on my 06 plus a much quieter ride and more power. See the steering seemed alright by me,didn't notice any oddities.I agree with extra safety features,and even the 2.4 which is only a $250 upgrade here in Canada with the $500 credit for taking it.The problem I had with it was it drove too much like a car,and not like the old Vibe.I like the quirky features of old.I also found it noisey,could have been the tires or lack of sound deadening material.Compared to the Corolla which was quieter than both the Vibe and Matrix.But the Matrix was more sound than the Vibe,fit and finish seemed better.I wanted to find all the good in the Vibe,but I couldn't.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by BoostFrenzy »i don't think it was the steering response that bothered me, it was the boatloads of body roll & sidewall flexah, I expect the body roll and flex in the Vibe.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »ah, I expect the body roll and flex in the Vibe. Whoo hoo... me three wheeling the Vibe in the corners.Thats with sway bars, strut bar and stiff springs, 17" low profile stiff tires and rims.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

no, that is strut bar and springs. no sway bar yet, that's why we bought it.... body roll
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Well it helped with rear rotation but a lot of that roll remained.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
BoostFrenzy

Post by BoostFrenzy »

Spent some time dialing in the mapping on the vette tonight and now i'm experiencing a lot of instability in the rear going from 2nd to 3rd @ ~90mph wide open throttle, what was this thread about again
jerryn

Re: 2009 Vibe GT automatic test drive, we didn't buy it. (BoostFrenzy)

Post by jerryn »

Hmm.. maybe you test drove a car that wasn't tuned correctly? When I test drove my Vibe GT I I accelerated hard into some hairpin turns, I accelrated hard through a roundabout when there was no traffic, the car was tight, no roll, no sidewall flex. I got the sport handling package... you need a sway bar to prevent roll, probably the car you drove didn't have it. Also if you are driving an autiomatic hard, go into sport shift mode. Granted you can't tach up to 3500rpms and let out the clutch, but the shif points do change. I was happy with my cars 1/4 mile time too. I took the car to the track at Epping, NH to see what it can do the quarter mile in. 11.93 seconds and clocked at 118mph! That is not bad at all for a car that gets 32mpg with normal commute speeds and 28mpg when I drive it like I stole it. Last time I checked an 09 Vibe GT costs around @20k and with hypemiling gets around 32mpg. Plus it's quick enough to have fun with at the track on the weekends. I'm looking at dropping a Greddy Supercharger in next year. Heck.. I commute 500 miles/week to work and back, plus maybe 100 miles on the weekend. My current cost for fuel is @ 60 dollars/week.. I fillup every 3 days. (40 bucks to fill) Plus the car is quick enough so you can have fun driving it. When looking at vehicles to replace my Honda Element I looked at the Smart Car, Mini Cooper, and Mini Copper S. The Mini Cooper and the Pontiac Vibe GT with auto/sunroof/swaybars etc.. goes for around the same as a modestly equipped Mini Cooper S Standard/sunroof. I liked the M
BoostFrenzy

Re: 2009 Vibe GT automatic test drive, we didn't buy it. (jerryn)

Post by BoostFrenzy »

Quote, originally posted by jerryn »Hmm.. maybe you test drove a car that wasn't tuned correctly? When I test drove my Vibe GT I I accelerated hard into some hairpin turns, I accelrated hard through a roundabout when there was no traffic, the car was tight, no roll, no sidewall flex. I got the sport handling package... you need a sway bar to prevent roll, probably the car you drove didn't have it. Also if you are driving an autiomatic hard, go into sport shift mode. Granted you can't tach up to 3500rpms and let out the clutch, but the shif points do change. I was happy with my cars 1/4 mile time too. I took the car to the track at Epping, NH to see what it can do the quarter mile in. 11.93 seconds and clocked at 118mph! That is not bad at all for a car that gets 32mpg with normal commute speeds and 28mpg when I drive it like I stole it. Last time I checked an 09 Vibe GT costs around @20k and with hypemiling gets around 32mpg. Plus it's quick enough to have fun with at the track on the weekends. I'm looking at dropping a Greddy Supercharger in next year. Heck.. I commute 500 miles/week to work and back, plus maybe 100 miles on the weekend. My current cost for fuel is @ 60 dollars/week.. I fillup every 3 days. (40 bucks to fill) Plus the car is quick enough so you can have fun driving it. When looking at vehicles to replace my Honda Element I looked at the Smart Car, Mini Cooper, and Mini Copper S. The Mini Cooper and the Pontiac Vibe GT with auto/sunroof/swaybars etc.. goes for around the same as a modestly equipped Mini Cooper S Standard/sunroof. I liked the M11.93@118?!?!? I think you were racing a 08 vette and reading WRONG side of the timeslip... a vibe's not going to go 118mph in the 1/4 mile and probably not even in the standing mile lol
kevera

Re: 2009 Vibe GT automatic test drive, we didn't buy it. (BoostFrenzy)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by BoostFrenzy »11.93@118?!?!? I think you were racing a 08 vette and reading WRONG side of the timeslip... a vibe's not going to go 118mph in the 1/4 mile and probably not even in the standing mile lolahahaha,this thread gets funnier and funnier.As boost said,there's no way you went even 14 seconds down the strip.Thanks for the laugh Jerry.
NibCrom

Re: 2009 Vibe GT automatic test drive, we didn't buy it. (kevera)

Post by NibCrom »

11.93@118? Bwahahaha!
nygiantzz1

Re: 2009 Vibe GT automatic test drive, we didn't buy it. (kevera)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

I have an 09 w/ the 2.4 and there is no way it hits 118mph in the 1/4 mile. So far, the best I've done from 0-60 is a little over 8 sec. That is an estimate based on counting in my head (1000-1, 1000-2, etc.) while accelerating. That is also using the tap shifter and winding the rpms way up. The 09's are faster, but not that fast.
jerryn

Post by jerryn »

Racing at New England dragway helps me deal with the posted speed limits during my commute, I get the need for speed out of my system this way. I did check to see what the car has.. and I has. The car can easily go from 40mph on a highway onramp to 110mph @ 5 seconds, and that's enough to get me into trouble. So that's why I just go with the flow of traffic on the way to work and go the the track @ 5 times a year.Here's when the track is open for Test and Tune: * April 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20 * May 3, 24, 31 * June 7, 21 * July 13, 26 * August 23 * September 20, 21, 27 * *October 11, 18, 19, 25, 26 Nitrous is legal, a Greddy Supercharger is legal, TRD Air Intake legal (at the track, not route 95!)
jerryn

Post by jerryn »

There's a quick mod to do to get this speed. If you own the car you know... damn.. Use a NOS nitrous oxide system single injector. It's perfectly legal at the trac, and the ScionTc N0S kit bolts up nicely.
jerryn

Post by jerryn »

NOS was easy.. the next move is a Greddy Supercharger.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

oh so you have a nitrous kit? can the vibe handle it? i'm not familiar with nitrous in a car nor will i use it, sounds like it gives a bajillion hp =/
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
BlueCrush

Re: (jerryn)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by jerryn »NOS was easy.. the next move is a Greddy Supercharger.Ah, I see what you were referring to now in your other thread. So do you have Nitrous on your brand new Vibe? Also, is there a Greddy supercharger made for the new vibe already? Greddy filed for bankruptcy yesterday, just so you know.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mavrik

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Ah, I see what you were referring to now in your other thread. So do you have Nitrous on your brand new Vibe? Also, is there a Greddy supercharger made for the new vibe already? Greddy filed for bankruptcy yesterday, just so you know. I can second that Greddy went bankrupt.Also this thread seems to have run its course.
BoostFrenzy

Post by BoostFrenzy »

lol 118mph with N20? so you took a 160hp engine and turned it into 460hp? LOL domestic ricer for sure
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by BoostFrenzy »lol 118mph with N20? so you took a 160hp engine and turned it into 460hp? LOL domestic ricer for sureI demand videos as proof cause talk is cheap.first off the best I ever got my modifed 04 Vibe was 16.8 in the 1/4 with horrible launch (one wheel torque monster). The car is not set up for drag. Even if you got a Vibe to do 11 I bet it would blow up on the second pass. The internals are not designed for it.I call BS.
NibCrom

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by NibCrom »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »I call BS.Yeah, let's see a video of this "run".
kevera

Re: (NibCrom)

Post by kevera »

Well I just had a look at the Kits available for the TC.Now a single stage kit ranges anywhere from 50-75 horses.So I call BS for sure on this one.But....They do have a dual stage kit that goes up 150hp for the TC,but that's the max for a bolt on kit.So even say 300hp you're not doing the 1/4 in 11 seconds,the math just doesn't work.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Wonder if he ment to say 11 second 60ft times...
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

This whole thread has gone south. You all should take this to "The Others" or maybe to some other forum. WE know you all think Vibes suck, but some of us who still come here actually own them, and get tired of hearing about how our vcars suck. So take the Subaru vs corvette worship somewhere else, and leave us Vibers to find something about our cars we can like.
kevera

Re: (joatmon)

Post by kevera »

The GenVibe father has spoken,you are the voice of reason.But some of us in this thread do still own Vibes.But I agree on going south.IBTL
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »This whole thread has gone south. You all should take this to "The Others" or maybe to some other forum. WE know you all think Vibes suck, but some of us who still come here actually own them, and get tired of hearing about how our vcars suck. So take the Subaru vs corvette worship somewhere else, and leave us Vibers to find something about our cars we can like.Well if thats directed at me in any way, I'd like to point out I never mentioned anything in here about Vibe suck and subaru or vette or other rules. I will agree this thread has run its course and already stated so... um before you did infact.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »Well I just had a look at the Kits available for the TC.Now a single stage kit ranges anywhere from 50-75 horses.So I call BS for sure on this one.But....They do have a dual stage kit that goes up 150hp for the TC,but that's the max for a bolt on kit.So even say 300hp you're not doing the 1/4 in 11 seconds,the math just doesn't work.+1000000!I'm currently running just shy of 300 whp (if not at) and I don't hit 11 sec, not even low 12's yet, that's with 1.68 sec 60'. I've been in an 11 sec car (GTR) and even with a nos kit, no way it's making up the difference. now, unless you got a jet engine strapped to the back of your Vibe GT, as we've all said, put up or shut up. Let's see some real proof!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BoostFrenzy

Post by BoostFrenzy »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »This whole thread has gone south. You all should take this to "The Others" or maybe to some other forum. WE know you all think Vibes suck, but some of us who still come here actually own them, and get tired of hearing about how our vcars suck. So take the Subaru vs corvette worship somewhere else, and leave us Vibers to find something about our cars we can like.I'm driving my Vibe tommorow, they say it's going to rain.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »The GenVibe father has spoken,you are the voice of reason.But some of us in this thread do still own Vibes.But I agree on going south.IBTL (removed)! Kev, ur sig is freaking awesome!!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Easton091

Post by Easton091 »

I went from a 07 Trailblazer SS to my 09 GT. No complaints here. Just put gas in it for the first time in 2 weeks.
09 Red Hot Metallic Vibe GT
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »The GenVibe father has spoken in my tribe, the general title of address for a respected elder male of no blood relation is usually Uncle, or can be Grandfather if the elder is actually elderly, but I doubt your reference was intended that way. the rest of this isn't directed at any specific post, thread or member.There's a lot of new Vibe owners out there, sales are way up, members signing up faster than ever before. This site can be a place where they are welcomed, or it can be a place where they are made to feel bad about the car they just spent so much money on. It's pretty much up to you, what you want this site to be like. In the past it has been a friendly place where people were made to feel at home, but there's always the hostiles who resent that because it wasn't the same as the no holds barred flame the noob kind of car forum they were used to. I'm not saying this should be the nickelodeon version of a car forum, or some hyper sensitive kittens and puppies kind of happy only place, but lately there's been a lot of 09 bashing. If you like your earlier model better, or your other non-Vibe better, it's ok to say so and why, but I'm just asking for a little consideration for the new owners. I'd hope this place could help them feel as good about their cars as it did for me when I bought mine. Maybe it can never be that for them, which would be unfortunateThis site has 7144 registered members (today) , four are moderators, four are admins, and I am just one of the other 7136 general members, no more than anyone else here. I'd prefer a courteous place, but maybe more want a standard car forum. it's pretty much up to the membership to shape the personality of the place, make it what you want it to be, within the bounds of what those other eight will allow. Which is why I bothered to post this.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »in my tribe, the general title of address for a respected elder male of no blood relation is usually Uncle, or can be Grandfather if the elder is actually elderly, but I doubt your reference was intended that way. the rest of this isn't directed at any specific post, thread or member.There's a lot of new Vibe owners out there, sales are way up, members signing up faster than ever before. This site can be a place where they are welcomed, or it can be a place where they are made to feel bad about the car they just spent so much money on. It's pretty much up to you, what you want this site to be like. In the past it has been a friendly place where people were made to feel at home, but there's always the hostiles who resent that because it wasn't the same as the no holds barred flame the noob kind of car forum they were used to. I'm not saying this should be the nickelodeon version of a car forum, or some hyper sensitive kittens and puppies kind of happy only place, but lately there's been a lot of 09 bashing. If you like your earlier model better, or your other non-Vibe better, it's ok to say so and why, but I'm just asking for a little consideration for the new owners. I'd hope this place could help them feel as good about their cars as it did for me when I bought mine. Maybe it can never be that for them, which would be unfortunateThis site has 7144 registered members (today) , four are moderators, four are admins, and I am just one of the other 7136 general members, no more than anyone else here. I'd prefer a courteous place, but maybe more want a standard car forum. it's pretty much up to the membership to shape the personality of the place, make it what you want it to be, within the bounds of what those other eight will allow. Which is why I bothered to post this.Grandfather has spoken! and yes, very insightful as always.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »in my tribe, the general title of address for a respected elder male of no blood relation is usually Uncle, or can be Grandfather if the elder is actually elderly, but I doubt your reference was intended that way. Actually I did Joat,it was a compliment.Take them from me when you can.
jerryn

Post by jerryn »

Of course I was busting.. WHY because this thread is stupid.This a a Vibe board, not a Vette Board. Go and post why you bought a vette over a Vibe there. This vette thread could even be propaganda. Why do I say this?Because there are totally different reasons why you buy a Pontiac Vibe or a Chevy Corvette. I was not looking for a weekend ride. I was looking for a daily driver. My commute is 500 miles/week plus I rack up 50-100 miles on the weekends. In this case to me, a Vibe makes more practical sense.
jerryn

I was busting because this thread was foolish

Post by jerryn »

Who in their freaking right mind would post this dumb "why I didn't by a vibe gt thread?" It could even be propaganda bull. Why.. because if your a commuter like me that drives 500 miles/week to get to work, a vibe gt makes a heck of a lot more sense over a vette. If I hada 20 mile commute to work.. maybe.. but I drive 100 miles /day. Also on the other hand I think if we all downsize our vehicles from 20 mpg cars to 30 something, we will get big oil in their pocket. I would think if you add NOS you will need to beef up the drive train a bit to handle the increased torque.
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

In before the lock, b/c you know it will. 03 - 08 FTMFW
Bye Bye Vibe.............
jerryn

Thread went south allright... maybe it's time to delete this thread.

Post by jerryn »

Last time I checked this board is for Pontiac Vibe Enthusiasts. It's time to do some moderating Mr. Moderator.
Kari

Post by Kari »

As has already been said, there are pros and cons to both the new and old Vibes -- and yes, this is a forum for Vibe enthusiasts. So this may not have been the best place for a thread with nothing positive to say about the car. But we are all entitled to our own opinions.Just please be mindful of the forum rules when posting--especially when it comes to personal attacks.
GenVibe Global Moderator
rdnzl

Post by rdnzl »

I'm late to this thread, but I'd have to say that was the lamest review I've read.