Epic Meet or Epic Fail?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
BlueCrush

Epic Meet or Epic Fail?

Post by BlueCrush »

I have heard from a few that went that the Epic Meet was anything but... Only 13 vibes?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (BlueCrush)

Post by NSimkins »

I voted Epic Meet, even if the quantity of Vibes did not equate to "epic". The planning and coordination of the meet is a feat in itself and I commend those that got it together!
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

Given the economy and inflation, I think it was an epic effort for those that attended.
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I voted Epic meet. I have seen the YouTube video and it made me wish that much more I could have been there. Kudos to everyone who planned this and to everyone who was able to attend. I hope we try this again, maybe next year in KC?
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
CountryVibe

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by CountryVibe »

I voted Epic just because of all the stuff that during the meet, the huge rain storm, trying to find the park , the BBQ, the drives........
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
hskater26

Re: (CountryVibe)

Post by hskater26 »

i voted epic because we all had to drive pretty far to get there lol
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
KNINE

Re: (hskater26)

Post by KNINE »

Compared to our Virginia Beach meet that consisted of three cars, I would call it epic!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

All together a failed meet.I do give props to everyone who made the long trip for the meet. But for me, with the time and money put into it, it was a waste. Except for hanging out with friends.Definitely my last GVC meet.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

numbers do not make a meet "epic". the mere fact that those who did attend came from many different places and given the current price of fuel and things going on, I think it was a noble showing. I'm surprised not as many people attended though, kinda disappointing. I remember flying to MI back in 04 for the Supermeet, Vibechick from Calgary. It was a great time!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
02csnow

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by 02csnow »

Who showed out of the original 48 that signed up:1. 02csnow2. Kevera3. Keithvibe4. Joholste5. Countryvibe6. Merzbow7. Ajflan8. Hskater269. Saturn910. Moongds11. Toasted712. Vibeonmars13. 03vibedriver
Bye Bye Vibe.............
clm22

Post by clm22 »

When will there be one in Northern California?? Home to the Nummi Factory where the Vibes are born??
Gettin' the Vibe in NoCal!
Mavrik

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (clm22)

Post by Mavrik »

Well if you were expecting 48 and got 13? sounds like a fail. However 13 people took the time, spent the money and put forth the effort to make it. I'd have to say EPIC MEET.Now next time come to alaska and we'll show you an epic meet.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Bikerscum

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (Mavrik)

Post by Bikerscum »

Quote, originally posted by clm22 »When will there be one in Northern California?? Home to the Nummi Factory where the Vibes are born?? +1
BlueCrush

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (Mavrik)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Now next time come to alaska and we'll show you an epic meet. That would be an Epic Road Trip!!!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
moongdss

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail?

Post by moongdss »

Well, I have no basis of comparison (was my all time first car-specific meet) but what's the largest number of Vibes to any meet so far? If 13 is top, then it's epic Thank you to Mike and Kevin for all the hard work and shelling out for the fun. May I suggest next time setting up a Paypal account for donations to help out? I think given the state of the economy/gas/etc, the people who could make it, did. No hard feelings to the people who couldn't, I totally understand the money crunch. I got around that by making Gatlinburg my big vacation this year. I got to see a place I'd never been, hike a mountain I'd never been on before, totally suck at laser tag (frakking gun was broken!) and skydive indoors!I say Epic =D
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
kunkstyle

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (moongdss)

Post by kunkstyle »

Skydive indoors?
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
moongdss

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (kunkstyle)

Post by moongdss »

It was so FREAKIN awesome! You float above a big turbine/fan thing in the floor. It's called a vertical windtunnel, all the thrills and chills of skydiving without all that potantial splat factor. =DIt was a blast!!
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

That would be sweet! I've alway wanted to do that.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

Sounds neat!
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
moongdss

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (kunkstyle)

Post by moongdss »

I wish I could have taken pictures = Chris was all legs (not TOO much flailing around lolz) and the instructor said i was a natural. He let me go almost right away and I floated pretty high up. I had the WORST front wedgie EVAR! No, no pictures of THAT K-Nine!!
AKLGT

Re: (02csnow)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by 02csnow »Who showed out of the original 48 that signed up:1. 02csnow2. Kevera3. Keithvibe4. Joholste5. Countryvibe6. Merzbow7. Ajflan8. Hskater269. Saturn910. Moongds11. Toasted712. Vibeonmars13. 03vibedriver I see some of the die hards made it. Funny how small the world is.... over the years, meeting so many people on this site from everywhere.I believe Vibechick (if some of you remember her) is planning a drive up from Calgary next summer.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Merzbow

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (02csnow)

Post by Merzbow »

02C I agree. I posted a thread about this in the political asylum if any of you care to read my rant.However, I am going to vote epic for the same reasons as everyone else. I had more fun than I've had in a loooooong time. I really really really needed a vacation away from my life. I really appreciate what you and everyone else did for us though at the barbecue.Hope, the list of die-hards keeps dwindling down every single year because of the lack of participation and commitment that gets worse and worse every year. Most of them don't just stop coming to meets, they stop posting on the forum entirely You can carve my name into diamond and keep it on that list because I'll be going to meets until the east side of the country stops setting up meets lol.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by moongdss »I wish I could have taken pictures = Chris was all legs (not TOO much flailing around lolz) and the instructor said i was a natural. He let me go almost right away and I floated pretty high up. I had the WORST front wedgie EVAR! No, no pictures of THAT K-Nine!!Hey, what did I say?? My thoughts are pure. Does this have anything to do with that Pandora's Box joke I made a while back?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Toasted7

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Toasted7 »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT » I see some of the die hards made it. Funny how small the world is.... I'm guessing the diehards are the people in bold?(if not, I was curious why some peoples names were in bold type)
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
BlueCrush

Re: (Toasted7)

Post by BlueCrush »

Yes
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

(removed) you got it buddy
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Sublimewind

Re: Epic Meet or Epic Fail? (K-NINE)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Hey, what did I say?? My thoughts are pure. Does this have anything to do with that Pandora's Box joke I made a while back?Pandora's Box, used to be an "Adult" store on Niagara Falls Blvd. in Buffalo NY.... lol
Toasted7

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by Toasted7 »

HCVO...
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
03vibedriver

Post by 03vibedriver »

I say Epic Meet. Everyone was very nice and my wife and I had a great time. I did feel a little out of place with my 09 vibe that was bone stock. Iwill be more active on the Genvibe site and looking forward to attend more Genvibe Meets.
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

+2 for a cali meet. I am so down. Fremont anyone?
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
Bikerscum

Re: (gr8vibe)

Post by Bikerscum »

Quote, originally posted by gr8vibe » +2 for a cali meet. I am so down. Monterey anyone? I would think that wherever the meet was, it could end up at the NUMI plant for a guided tour... their PR people would be all over it. The Pontiac Owner or whatever it's called magazine would cover it. A string of Vibes "going home". I'll commit.... if it's on a weekend, I'll be there.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I would like to consider myself hardcore to... now I just feel left out cause my name wasnt in bold. You shouldn't have felt out of place 03vibedriver. Your car looked great, plus it was nice to see a new one there.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
AKLGT

Re: (ajflan)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by ajflan »I would like to consider myself hardcore to... now I just feel left out cause my name wasnt in bold. You shouldn't have felt out of place 03vibedriver. Your car looked great, plus it was nice to see a new one there.You're name wasn't in bold because I hadn't met you from meets 4 yrs ago.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

lol Hell yes Joel.03vibedriver you should not have felt out of place. You had a great looking Vibe! Convince your daughter to come to the next one, I think she would have a great time as well from how you two talked about her over dinner Saturday evening
03vibedriver

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by 03vibedriver »

I really like my 09 vibe but I think I should have kept my 03. I am having a very bad case of 2003 Vibe withdrawal.
gr8vibe

Re: (Bikerscum)

Post by gr8vibe »

Quote, originally posted by Bikerscum »BikerscumMemberOffline 61 postsCC County CAJoined 6-7-2008 that wouldnt happen to be contra costa would it?? if it is, i smell a meet.
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
Bikerscum

Re: (gr8vibe)

Post by Bikerscum »

Quote, originally posted by gr8vibe » that wouldnt happen to be contra costa would it?? if it is, i smell a meet. Yeah.... Contra Costa, Brentwood actually... right next door to you. I usually don't put Brentwood down 'cause everybody immediatly thinks Brentwood in LA, where OJ lived. That's actually the Brentwood District, not the City of Brentwood as you know, but it's engraved in everyone's mind.
gr8vibe

Re: (Bikerscum)

Post by gr8vibe »

Quote, originally posted by Bikerscum » Yeah.... Contra Costa, Brentwood actually... right next door to you. I usually don't put Brentwood down 'cause everybody immediatly thinks Brentwood in LA, where OJ lived. That's actually the Brentwood District, not the City of Brentwood as you know, but it's engraved in everyone's mind.Holy f-balls! That is right next door. Small world, small world...well im off to the Rhino!
kevera

Post by kevera »

Wow,I go away for a week and all these threads.I want to thank all who showed up,it was great meeting everyone.Gatlinburg was a crazy busy place.I think everyone who attended is Hardcore in my eyes.03vibedriver,I wish you didn't feel out of place with your clean Vibe,you were representing the new generation and it was a fine example.Now for all the ones who signed up and didn't show,you can't see my finger over the internet.I know some had unforeseen circumstances,because sometimes life comes up.But complaining that gas costs $8 more a fill up is just bullcrap.You had a whole year to plan this out,I know I did.And why did you even bother to sign up or Poll for the meeting place.I even sent out PM's with not even a reply.I have the list and the next time you post the Flaming will start,so watch what you post because I know who you are.Now for my final Rant,Audiovibe,Dude you are a little weasle who backed out of something that you and Joe started.Joe was in Africa and did all the initial work while you were in the US.I really don't have much respect for you any more and you really should be ashamed to show your face around here.end of rant
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

I sure wish I could chastise members for signing-up and not showing at the five past Ohio meets or multiple Michigan meets I helped plan and coordinate. I was never going to hunt them down and demand an excuse, it was irreverent. I hope these style threads don't deter people from ever attending meets in the future. Bottom line for us was even though (for *one* example) we had over twenty/thirty-some people sign up and only ten showed up, we had a good time. Yes, there were some that were briefly disappointed but we never let it ruin the experience. Life goes on.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

+1 NICKYes, it can be disappointing, but you cannot ever depend on anyone else to show other than yourself. Sometimes life just happens. Even for our local meets and get togethers, it's tough to know who's really coming or not.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
hskater26

Re: (kevera)

Post by hskater26 »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »Now for my final Rant,Audiovibe,Dude you are a little weasle who backed out of something that you and Joe started.Joe was in Africa and did all the initial work while you were in the US.I really don't have much respect for you any more and you really should be ashamed to show your face around here.end of rant i was wondering where he was too i remembered he was pretty big into planning it all or getting it started at least
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2