Is Neptune the only color changing paint?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
CountryVibe

Is Neptune the only color changing paint?

Post by CountryVibe »

I was wondering if Neptune was the only factory color that changes it's color. It does not happen all the time but usually during sunrise and sunset or if you shine a flashlight on it > You can see the color change from the deep blue to a light purple.Are the Neptune Vibes the only ones that change?
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
Raven

Re: Is Neptune the only color changing paint? (CountryVibe)

Post by Raven »

It depends what kind of psychoactive recreational drugs you are partaking in.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I think that you are seeing the mettalic flakes. In the right light my car can have a purply orangy hue around the edges. However, if you are suggesting that your car came from the factory with chromalusion paint, then you may indeed be on drugs.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

can't say i've noticed this with my neptune.
CountryVibe

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by CountryVibe »

I am taking about the metal flakes, it's not like the whole car changes it just when the light hits the car just right angle you can see the purply orangy hue.
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

mine changes if you wanna say..lol...but really it's just the flakes that make it look awesome
BlueCrush

Re: (CountryVibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

I love my OEM Neptune Chameleon paint. Just another reason why Neptune is the best color!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

when i smoked some stuff i found on the floor my moonstone paint changed.....
808 Vibes

Re: (northvibe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I first noticed it in the streetlights in the dealer parking lot on the night I got to pick it up. I thought 'wow...seeing all the pictures didn't do the color justice.' It was definetely worth the 3 month wait to order! Even my mom commented that it was a nice color.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
breezd

Post by breezd »

Abyss (black) has the "color-changing" metal flakes in it as well.
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
kevera

Re: (northvibe)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »when i smoked some stuff i found on the floor my moonstone paint changed.....ahahahaha.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
lovemyraffe

Re: (kevera)

Post by lovemyraffe »

My Lava changed color the other day when I washed it.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ramenboy...

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »My Lava changed color the other day when I washed it.ha! you beat me to it! i was gonna say that my silver goes to charcoal and almost white. then i wash the road salt off it.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
futureviber

Post by futureviber »

I have noticed that Salsa sometimes looks more orangie pink and sometimes more burghudy or red. I noticed this with mine some times. The silver that I have now - the metallic flakes make it look super awesome in certain light.
VforVIBE

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I love my OEM Neptune Chameleon paint. Just another reason why Neptune is the best color! *COUGH* BC I though we talked about this already, Moonstone is the best... anywho I find that the Moonstone looks almost slightly brownish... WITHOUT drugs, when it's CLEAN.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »*COUGH* BC I though we talked about this already, Moonstone is the best... anywho I find that the Moonstone looks almost slightly brownish... WITHOUT drugs, when it's CLEAN. Sorry V, you too are incorrect. Lava is the best color. It is one of the most rare (I know a stupid argument for my case) so there for more valuable. I did not say the MOST rare, just one of the most.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

Envy Wins the rare paint award!!
coldmm803

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by coldmm803 »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »Envy Wins the rare paint award!!in my book, it also wins the ugly color award. imo the name doesn't match the color
BlueCrush

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »*COUGH* BC I though we talked about this already, Moonstone is the best...Yes, dear.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by CountryVibe »I was wondering if Neptune was the only factory color that changes it's color. It does not happen all the time but usually during sunrise and sunset or if you shine a flashlight on it > You can see the color change from the deep blue to a light purple.yet another reason to choose neptune, 2 colors for the price of one
VivaVibe

Post by VivaVibe »

As mentioned the flake in many colors will make it look different under various lighting conditions. Another thing is that daylight has a different color cast at different times of the day, and artificial light also has a color. So, when it is reflected off the car that cast mixes with the car color, and makes it look a bit different.My Shadow will have a distinct brown, green or blue variation depending on the conditions. Since the base gray is fairly nuetral the difference is more noticable than it would be on a strong color like red.Neptune blue actually has a bit of purple in the mix, so that is why it shows at certain times. Especially at sunrise and sunset when the skycolor is more red, which when mixed with blue creates purple.I think most of the Vibe colors have interesting tonal qualities which makes them all rather special. It was one of the things that attracted me to the car.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage