The Vibe leaves me tomorrow

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
shane_c

The Vibe leaves me tomorrow

Post by shane_c »

Well I've sold the Vibe and he picks it up tomorrow. Him and his wife also have a 2005 Matrix. So I've been thinking about how much I've enjoyed this car and that I'll miss it. My plane leaves on Sunday for the east coast (Nova Scotia) where I'll be starting my new job. Once my fiancee and 2 dogs get down there with me and were settled I'll be looking for another car. I've been considering the Jeep Patriot or a Subaru Forrester. But I think I'm leaning towards getting another Vibe. They get more snow back east than we get here so I might get an AWD one this time. But I've heard they're pretty slow and harder on gas, even compared to the base model. Or maybe I'll go with a GT I'll keep you posted.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
joatmon

Re: The Vibe leaves me tomorrow (shane_c)

Post by joatmon »

a sad day, a bitter price to pay for a brighter tomorroweither tell the new custodian about genvibe, or leave the URL somewhere in the car
shane_c

Post by shane_c »

Well it's gone. He was nice enough to give me a lift home after we went to the dealer to pay it off and got it registered under his name. It was weird sitting in the passenger seat though and then seeing it drive away was pretty tough. And yes I mentioned genvibe to him.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
joatmon

Re: (shane_c)

Post by joatmon »

I know it is just a car, but that sounds pretty depressing Hopefully you'll be too busy packing up for Sunday's big move to let it get you down. I admire your courage to make such a drastic change. A couple of days early, but welcome to the "right" coast
Mavrik

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Mavrik »

can't go wrong with a subaru forester. The forester SXT is pretty sweet.I sold my Vibe to my folks, they left with it over a week ago. They should be in Ontarion sometime next week.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

sad to see a car go...hopefully you find a new car you will love as much!
quick 6 racing

Re: The Vibe leaves me tomorrow (shane_c)

Post by quick 6 racing »

Good thing is...there are lots of places to buy Pontiac Vibe's in the Maritimes...hope your move is to halifax...you'll enjoy it there !!BTW...last few years the snow has been very light, you may not even need snow tires if the trend keeps up !