genvibe calendar... ideas?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
GrayFox

genvibe calendar... ideas?

Post by GrayFox »

I asked millster to help me add the poll to better guage interest in this little project. Please post the pics you'd like to submit as well as any info or ideas you have. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Would you like a genvibe calendar to be made?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Current Estimated Price - $19 for 25 calendars and $15 for 50 shipping not included in this quote------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ INFO ON PICTURE SUBMITION Please post pictures no larger than 800 pixels wide. Larger resolution will be requested once the pictures are chosen in a seperate poll at a to be dermined date. Pictures that are not submitted in this thread will not be considered for the calendar. Please think about the entire picture you're taking. We don't want to have a calendar full of Vibes in driveways Location! Location! Location! Pictures will (hopefully) be judged on the quality of the picture (i.e. lighting, background and such) not on mods or coolest Vibe alone... so don't be shy if you have a stock vibe. The only requirement is that you can take a good picture There will be 12 main featured pics. One for every month. (not sure on what the cover will be yet)I plan on throwing as many different pictures as I can into the empty spaces of the calendar so post away!Please don't post comments about pictures in this thread (unless you are adding a picture or have comments about the calendar) That can be done once we've collected the pictures and the poll starts.There's no rush right now. I'll make sure everyone has plenty of time once a deadline has been decided on.
BlueCrush

Re: genvibe calendar... ideas? (ANO_Vibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Pics could be from the VOTM winners for the past year. That would be the most fair vs. people submitting and voting on pics to go in there.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
GrayFox

Re: genvibe calendar... ideas? (BlueCrush)

Post by GrayFox »

yeah that would be a lot simpler but getting people with Hi-res pics is a different story hahaWe might have to petition them to have a re-do photoshoot.... well, except Mrizzle
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

We've done family calendars for the past couple of years with Shutterfly and they've turned out great! Cost about $18-20 each and you can customize them by adding your own special dates (ex. GenVibe 6th Anniversary, April 1, 2008).We've used pictures with as low a resolution as 800x600 and they've turned out very well. The printstock is heavy (at least 50#) and they're sprial bound. If we're actually considering this, I would highly recommend them.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: genvibe calendar... ideas? (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Just a quick followup (hey, gotta rack up that post count!)Shutterfly offers quantity discounts for their calendars:25 - $299 total, $11.96 each50 - $500 total, $10.00 eachThey'll probably need to be shipped to one location, but even if you add an extra $4.50 for USPS Priority Mail, that's under $15 for a calendar. Not a bad deal, if you ask me.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

check out Apples calender maker in iphoto....
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i'd buy one..i need a calender for the 2008 year
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i would rather vote on submitted pics then have the VOTM pics that way its possable for anyone to get a pic in there. have rules tho: everyone can do one photo and the top 12/13 (cover) would win. hopefully it wouldn't be a popularity contest. give some of the new members a good chance.
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i need some time here cuz 1, i need some pics of mine, 2 i need my friend to take pics as he love camera time, 3 i need to upload them.. so we should at least start a collection of them... if you all lame out ill go make my own in iphoto
joholste

Re: (northvibe)

Post by joholste »

i like Raivis' idea because I know i've got some pretty cool pictures that I would like to nominate one from but i've never even came close to winning VOTM.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
GrayFox

Re: (joholste)

Post by GrayFox »

I don't have access to iphoto unless it works on OS 9 HA!anyway... we could do it the easy way and use shutterfly or something like that but those still look a bit plain to me. I'd like it to be totally "genvibe-ified". maybe I can work up a rough layout sometime...As far as pics go... I guess start posting them. Preferably 1 or 2 per person so we don't get completly flooded... and I guess when we're satisfied with the quantity of pics I'll start a poll. Please post pics no larger than 800 pixels wide so there's no exsesive scrolling needed. When the time comes you can e-mail the larger versions to me or whoever is going to take care of production. I'm going to go see a few printing shops can do calendars and check out prices.If savedbyzero is out there lurking I'd like you to submit that side-pic b/c I think it would look good in the calendar Or just give permission for it to be in the eventual poll...
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

awesome, Ill have to start getting some sweet pics...maybe Bluecrush will come with me for a photoshoot!! He has some awesome pics already of his vibe when it was really modded out this is super exciting i need a 08 calendar too!!
GrayFox

Re: (northvibe)

Post by GrayFox »

I guess I shoud mention to everyone... please think about the entire picture you're taking. We don't want to have a calendar full of Vibes in driveways Location! Location! Location! And I think we need a few season themed ones, too. You know, like snowy for winter... beach pics for summer and whatnot... Another thing is don't worry if your vibe is stock(ish). I'm more worried about quality of the picture than anything.No rush for now... so there's plenty of time for a good weather weekend
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

my .2 cents.you can get it made with a VOTM on the top, then a random user where the dates go, like watermarked behind.then the cover can be like that genvibe world pic someone made a while back. (i still have it if you need it)But production, just call or search around for one with good price and quality.oh i can send pics of my car... (the vibe that is)
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
GrayFox

Re: genvibe calendar... ideas? (Mrizzle05)

Post by GrayFox »

I kinda planned on having other pictures in the areas with no dates... watermarks might work, tooI'm the one that made the genvibe world thing so I still have it, too I'm glad you thought of that (I had forgotten)... tho I'd like to re-do it if you guys want that to be the cover... or maybe some other sort of mosaic
joholste

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by joholste »

well i'll start it off with my 2 favorite pics i know only one can be picked but... here goes

361568=12263-NewJerseyOCT142006076little.jpg
joholste

Re: (joholste)

Post by joholste »

Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

yeah i have short term. sorry.I meant like that too, so youll end up with 24 pics. plenty for some of the members to have one, then a collage for the front cover with more members... so at leat a majority of the normal users and some with good rides that come here and there can have a part.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

I like the clouds on the hood...the mist in the background...and the old barn and truck..light reflecting off the bridge and pavement..
ZubenElGenubi

Re: genvibe calendar... ideas? (waveresponder)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I have to nominate this one for a possible cover:From last year's North Central Meet.
GrayFox

Re: genvibe calendar... ideas? (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by GrayFox »

hmmm that's a neat picture but I don't really think I like it for the cover, however, I only have one vote I think we're going to end up having alot of polls to decide this stuff. The cover will probly come after we've determined the main pictures. Another thing is after we get the monthly pictures how should we decide what month each pic should go on? Some will be obvious or be more realvant to certain seasons or are you guys just going to leave it up to me? haha
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

You could look thru the Vibe color threads, as well, for pics that you might like for the calendar.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

heck yes I would...show it loud and proud! depending on price I might get 2, 1 for the garage and 1 for my room...but at least 1.
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

I would buy a few! one for me and more to give to other people i see with vibes!
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

Mrizzle05

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Summer time... I WIN!
ajflan

Re: (Mrizzle05)

Post by ajflan »

Here is a nice one.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
BlueCrush

Re:

Post by BlueCrush »

Here's 2 of my favorites (I also have these in larger sizes with more detail):
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

May not have the Vibe anymore, but here's my contribution. Still love the pics!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ArcsVibe

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Can I join in
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

ill try and get some new shots of mine (1 infront of the Alamo and one of my Blue lights inside )but a great idea overall
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
808 Vibes

Re: Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Since I don't have any calendar quality pics (yet, LOL) I vote for this sexy beast on the cover! BC's not GenVibe God for nothing!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
GrayFox

Re: Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by GrayFox »

ok, who voted no? anyway... I was doing some figuring last night and a 2008 calendar will have about 72 empty spaces. I will more than likely condense some of those spaces to make rectangular boxes (or wide pictures).... I really need to work on a rough layout, huh?Hopefully the shop I'm wanting to use will e-mail me back today with some ballpark prices.Great pics. Keep 'em coming!
Mrizzle05

Re: Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

well for more pics.. you could have like a good summertime pic on the top, then the dates can have four squared pics behind or 4 pics on each page, but might looked too condensed.just ideas. ; )
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

if this idea really goes through than i could clean up some of the pictures and make them look a bit better in photoshop just for the calender and for the owner....that is if you guys want it...
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
GrayFox

Re: (wyatt89)

Post by GrayFox »

I'm hoping it does Hopefully I won't have to do much to the pictures but you never know... so I'll keep you posted. Don't forget to submit your "dirty" pic if you want it to be considered... since this all stemed from that thread
wyatt89

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by wyatt89 »

haha, but if it people thought that it was manipulated to the point that mud was added then i might as well not...
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
joholste

Re: (wyatt89)

Post by joholste »

wyatt you definitely need to add that picture...I think it's awesome...if you won't nominate it then i will, cuz it doesn't matter if people think it was photoshopped, which if you photoshopped that mud then you are like a photoshop god, just the quality of that picture is sooo good.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »anyway... I was doing some figuring last night and a 2008 calendar will have about 72 empty spaces. I will more than likely condense some of those spaces to make rectangular boxes (or wide pictures).... I really need to work on a rough layout, huh?Seventy-two??? Why not keep this simple: One Cover image, 12 monthly images. One watermark image (optional). 13 total. Let's keep this simple to vote on, assemble and print. And keep the cost down.We've got some very good PS users here; I'm sure if borders and layout work is needed, they can make it happen.
02csnow

Re: Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by 02csnow »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi » Let's keep this simple to vote on, assemble and print. And keep the cost down.Thats why you just go wih the VOTM winners and maybe throw in the MOTM winners. Simple and easy.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
GrayFox

Re: Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by GrayFox »

I didnt' plan on using all the 72 spaces for individual pictures and I didn't intend for all that to be voted on. That was just the maximum of empty spaces available in the calendar. The excess pictures from the poll will be used for the "filler". I'll try and work something up to show you what I mean
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

see this pic takes up two spaces... the widest empty space is 6 spaces wide.

361906=12270-draft.jpg
mistertwo

Post by mistertwo »

since the OP refuses to post i will do it for him because its awesome and i think this would be a cool cover. when it stops raining here i will clean my car and take some shots.. there are a lot of cool places for photos in the b-lo
Sublimewind

Re: Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Here's 2 of my favorites (I also have these in larger sizes with more detail):This one has my vote !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE ROLLING PICS...
808 Vibes

Re: Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by 808 Vibes »

ANO...that looks great!!! Good job!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
GrayFox

Re: Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by GrayFox »

Thanks, HPL ok, I got a quote for the calendars If we get 25 they will be $19 a piece and $15 for 50...This is kind of a specialized quote so it could change once they see my lay-out.Shutterfly is looking a lot cheaper so we might just go that route and give up some of the extra goodies. Or I could see what a normal "Pic on top and regular calendar on bottom" style would cost from the local place. What do you guys think?
joholste

Post by joholste »

I'm willing to pay some money for a calendar...15 bucks aint bad shoot 19 bucks aint bad. I say get the all the frills, and whips, and doodazzles, and whizzbangs.
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »ok, who voted no? At first I was just looking at the pics and nothing else. Then I started to read what everyone has been postin.To be honest, it was me that voted no. I am happy with my Alaska calendar that I get every year.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
GrayFox

Re: Re: (02csnow)

Post by GrayFox »

haha that's cool... I was just pickin
mgwashburn

Post by mgwashburn »

Cool, This is exciting...Question...so far I do NOT see any pics of people with the Vibe...is it ok to do shots with people in it?
Marc Washburn - marcwashburn@yahoo.com