Just joined the club...and a couple questions.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
dereksheppard

Just joined the club...and a couple questions.

Post by dereksheppard »

On Monday I joined the Vibe club when I bought an 04 Vibe GT. It's the most fun I've had driving in a long, long time. My previous two cars were an 87 Subaru wagon with about 75 horsies, and a 90 Chrysler New Yorker (It was free, OK?) that handled like an aircraft carrier. Anyways, I'm loving the car, but I have a couple quick questions. One, I haven't quite figured out which color my car is. Two, the front right cap on the roof rack is missing. I see a lot of people take their racks off. Might anyone have a cap they could part with...? Thanks!
nygiantzz1

Re: Just joined the club...and a couple questions. (dereksheppard)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

Nice looking Vibe. Welcome!I can't help with the roof cap, but the color is Shadow. 2005 and newer is called Moonstone.
tcam

Post by tcam »

Welcome to the club! that color looks like maybe Moonstone or something. I don't know the colors very well eitherPS I grew up on Bainbridge Island and used to drive to Bremerton all the time. I love that whole Puget Sound area.
vibewolf

Post by vibewolf »

hey man welcome to the site it is very help full and i am pretty sure ur vibes color is moonstone ..........and sorry i dont have an extra roof rack cap.......
dereksheppard

Post by dereksheppard »

Thanks everybody. I'll probably head to the local junk yards this weekend, but you never know what people have kicking around.
mspalmer

Re: (dereksheppard)

Post by mspalmer »

You can also purchase a roofcap. I lost mine about 2 weeks after I took ownership. It wasn't that cheap considering it is just a little piece of plastic but not overly expensive.I can't remember exactly where I bought it from because it was at an on-line store.Mike
2005 Platinum AWDMoons and TunesXM RadioLLumar Window TintingWeathertech ventshauling my Taylor 410 w/Fishman pickup and Gibson SG guitars
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Welcome to the club. The a junk yard is a good place to start looking. Hope you find one.
genvibe garage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Hey Derek, just wanted to let you know I saw your article at http://blogs.kitsapsun.com/kit....htmlQuote »HYPERMILING: A "Community" Is There To Help"Community" means something far different today than it did 15 years ago.If it weren't for the Internet, and the ease of finding new information, I probably wouldn't have a clue what hypermiling is. Really, the term "hypermiling" probably wouldn't have been invented.But today, whether you're trying to learn how to squeeze out the most MPGs or kite aerial photography, there's a community - and more collective knowledge at the click of a mouse - than we ever could have imagined decades ago.To start my journey, I went to cleanmpg.com and posted a message about my project.So far, I've gotten a good bit of advice.Not to leave out the other outlets, there's ecomodder.com, and hypermilingforum.com. If I've missed any, post a link in a comment. Marketers looking for a free ad for your Wonder Gas Saver 3000!!! (Exclamation points always=great products!!!!), save yourself the trouble. Please.Don't forget about communities for you car, too. Each vehicle has it's own quirks and idiosyncrasies, so you can seek out communities dedicated to your ride.In my case it's genvibe.com and matrixowners.com. (The Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix share nearly everything but the body panels.)So if you're cruising in your Ford Focus, swanky new BMW M Coupe or even your economical Kia Rio, "your people" are out there to answer questions about your ride.Just pick a search engine and enter your car make and model, and "forum."Ex: "Ford Focus forum".
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Your car color is "Shadow" just like nygiantzz1 said... "Moonstone" (the color of my Vibe) was not available till 2005.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
dereksheppard

Re: Just joined the club...and a couple questions. (joatmon)

Post by dereksheppard »

Way to find it, lol. It's been an interesting process so far. I'm just about half done with my first tank- probably more like 60-65 percent, I'm guessing, and I'm over 250 miles. Driving like a granny can definitely help with your MPGs in the Vibe GT. Just DON'T hit lift, lol.
dereksheppard

Post by dereksheppard »

BTW, I just filled up for the first time on the hypermilling routine. 36 MPG out of the Vibe GT. http://blogs.kitsapsun.com/kit....html
808 Vibes

Re: (dereksheppard)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Welcome and congrats!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome and congrats on the new ride!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage