Here Yesterday......Gone Today - Another Pontiac Dealership GONE!!!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Ol' Timer

Here Yesterday......Gone Today - Another Pontiac Dealership GONE!!!

Post by Ol' Timer »

After 31 years, the Dealership (Sifford Pontiac) that I bought The Vibe from is no more. I guess it's just another sign of the times. Then again, it had a pretty good run. It out lasted all the other GM Dealerships that were in this area, including a Cadillac, Chevy, Buick and, of course, Oldsmobile. Fortunately, that old Cadillac dealership is now a Toyota dealership, and another Pontiac dealer is about 5 miles away(it also sells Buicks and Chevys). Still, it was nice feeling I a had a Pontiac dealership that I could walk to.
2006 Salsa Vibe - Auto - Side Curtain Air Bags - ABS - Vehicle Stability Control - Tunes No Moon - Monotone - Preferred Package - Slate Cyper Cloth - Steelie Wheels2002 Snap Orange Beetle - Auto - Turbo
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

there was a chevy dealer around here that upped and disappeared about a year ago -- beacon chevrolet in east windsor. not sure whether they went under, got bought out, or if they moved.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Lancer

Re: Here Yesterday......Gone Today - Another Pontiac Dealership GONE!!! (Ol' Timer)

Post by Lancer »

Too bad it's not closer to me. I could use a new'er paint booth for where I work. If they had a body shop, that is. There was a dealership around here that went out of buisness and I missed out on getting the paint booth from them.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
ToolGuy

Re: Here Yesterday......Gone Today - Another Pontiac Dealership GONE!!! (Ol' Timer)

Post by ToolGuy »

Yeap sign of the times for sure!For Chrysler dealers there used to be over 4,000 in the states, now only 3,679. Chrysler Canada had 530 3.5 years ago, now only 455.
mcgusto82

Re: Here Yesterday......Gone Today - Another Pontiac Dealership GONE!!! (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by mcgusto82 »

I still see some empty lots with the the old OLDSMOBILE lettering over the front. It's really sad actually. Like a peice of history died.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

There was an artical about domestic dealers closing on Autoblog today. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/0...ships/You all are right it is a sign of the times.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
MAVibe

Re: (Jeremy96gase)

Post by MAVibe »

Yup- it'll be interesti g to see what happens down the line a bit.... I know I miss my oldsmobiles- had a '63 and '80 Cutlass and a '68 Delmont 88. Classic stuff is what Olds made.
HISTORY:2006, debadged, Cosmo Racing SR, Megan Racing strut bar, Progress swaybar, custom VVT-I body decals, GrafxWerx engine cover overlay, front-end bra, WeatherTech visors, S2000 antenna, f&r mudflaps, roof spoiler, AND MODA R9's w/ 225/40/18 Yokohama Avid's....
mcgusto82

Re: (MAVibe)

Post by mcgusto82 »

The original aurora was definately a classic. That and the 96+ Buick riviera. Two of my all time favoties!
Ol' Timer

Re: (mcgusto82)

Post by Ol' Timer »

Yeah, I've owned a few GM cars in my day. The only GM Nameplate that did not cross my driveway was Cadillac & GMC Truck.Here's a somewhat naive question. When a dealership folds what happens to the cars/trucks. Do they go to the highest bidder of the local Pontiac/GMC Truck Dealerships?? It almost seems like they are better off just closing their doors instead of advertising a "Going Out of Business Sale".
2006 Salsa Vibe - Auto - Side Curtain Air Bags - ABS - Vehicle Stability Control - Tunes No Moon - Monotone - Preferred Package - Slate Cyper Cloth - Steelie Wheels2002 Snap Orange Beetle - Auto - Turbo
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

weird how the dealerships down there close so fast..up here they're around for quite sometime..the one im at now has been here for atleast 40 years