Favorite memory of your Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ZetaBlack

Favorite memory of your Vibe

Post by ZetaBlack »

Figured this would a fitting topic for GVC's 5th B-Day. What is your favorite memory with your Vibe? Mine is of the time i had to cram in four adults: me, wife, my mom and dad, three kids: my one year old and two younger sisters in the back cargo area, a dog and a hamster (just bought the critter from the pet store, just in case your where wondering:-P) becuase my Dad's GMC 2500 stalled on our way to a family reunion. The looks on everyones faces when we got out. Good times.
Vibe: 2005 Base Two-Tone SatelliteMods: Rear Facing Infant Safety Seat, Toddler Car Seat, K&N drop-in air filterMileage: 53K miles and going strong
GrayFox

Re: Favorite memory of your Vibe (ZetaBlack)

Post by GrayFox »

haha Vibe = Clown car let me guess... you put the hamster in the little cubby hole left of the sterring wheel I guess my favorite memory so far would be spending about 24hrs (total round trip) in it driving to Florida for the Feb Meet.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

getting my AWD stuck in the mud parking in the grass at club. the damn thing was completely covered muck!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mavrik

Re: Favorite memory of your Vibe (drunkenmaxx)

Post by Mavrik »

my wedding day. Car was all cleaned up and the wife looking as beautiful as ever and in that white dress.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
tcam

Re: Favorite memory of your Vibe (Mavrik)

Post by tcam »

when I beat my friend's RSX type-S..................3 times in a row
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

uh, i can't post it here.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ramenboy...

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »uh, i can't post it here. hahaha!!! folsk!!! we hav a winner here!!!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
NascarXprt

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by NascarXprt »

well its when i installed my CAI.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »uh, i can't post it here. Unless thats the time I'm thinking of... or when you went ditch diving?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
drunkenmaxx

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i think she's talking about that stain that was there before she met you...
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mavrik

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »i think she's talking about that stain that was there before she met you... Right, good one.
Vibr8tr

Post by Vibr8tr »

Mine was about a weeklong, last summer. My buddy came down from Michigan, I wasn't working (Right after I got out of the army), and we would do nothing all day but drive to the liquer store in the morning, then pull the Vibe next to the pool at my apartment complex, open the back hatch, and play loud music while rinning a SMALL (the smallest we could find cause I didn't want to blow a fuse) blender making mararita's off the Vibe plug. Great times.... the Vibe spent many nights next to the pool cause we would get to drunk to drive it to the other side of the parking lot where my apartment was (yeah it was only 100 yards, but why walk all the way back for booze, when the booze can come with you )
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
rebbierae

Re: (Vibr8tr)

Post by rebbierae »

Oh boy...there are several. The day I bought her was awesome! Then when Jim had the windows tinted for me. And when Jim got me the iPod2Car so I could listen to my iPod. Going to the drive in movie and snuggling up in the back seat was way fun, as was driving to the Minnesota meet last August. Honestly, any time I can open the sunroof, jam on tunes, and drive somewhere is a great time in my Vibe!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Unless thats the time I'm thinking of... or when you went ditch diving? why would ditch diving be fun? ok, it was fun leading up to the actual ditch dive, but no, not that.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »i think she's talking about that stain that was there before she met you... no stains, i had leather, remember? easy to wipe off and clean. besides, the back seats fold down and that's all plastic back there. LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ALi3N

Post by ALi3N »

About 2 years ago, reminding some (removed) in a hot rodded silverado on the open interstate that no matter what he did to that pos, it still cant do 140mph.
ALi3N aka Dj ViP3RThere is a force through the euphoric beat causing uncontrolablemovement of your body, I am that force. Take a journey beyond the limits of your mind.'Download Mixes:http://shlrm.org/DjViP3R/http://www.myspace.com/djvip3r Latest Mixes: 'Nightlife' & 'M0Ti0N -X-'Pimpin' Abyss Vibe GT w/ Nav
DavidPIL

Re: One Time at Band Camp

Post by DavidPIL »

Got my Vibe in June 03; in July 03, I was working at Rio Grande University in Ohio for a marching band camp. After the first day of camp, the Staff needed to go to Wal-Mart in Gallipolis, which was about 15 miles away. We got directions from one of the University peeps.5 of us in the Vibe on our way to the Wal-Mart, I passed the turn-off. I make a U-Turn on highway 35. I had to go into one of them Authorized Vehicle Only things to go back to our turn off. With the 4 other people in the Vibe, the turn-around made be bottom out. As we were heading back to the turn-off, a raccoon runs out in front of me. I slam on the brakes, the girl in the Passenger seat screams a little and then I hear the raccoon bouncing under the car. UGH! I hit it. I hate hurting animals so I'm a bit upset. The guys in the back are laughing at me and the girl was just very happy she had her belt on.So, we finally find the Wal-Mart. As we get ready to leave, I notice signs for Highway 35 so I take that way... Which bypasses pretty much the entire town.As we're driving down the highway, the guys in back start talking about the raccoon again. I move over into the Left-hand lane because I hit it in the right-hand lane. I pass the turn-around thing so I know the raccoon will be coming up soon. I don't see it. The girl in the Passenger seat says, he must have been alive and walked away.So then I decide to pull back into the right-hand lane. As I was changing lanes, the girl screams again I look, see the raccoon on the road, run over it and hear it once again bouncing under the car.The guys in the back couldn't stop laughing. Back at camp, the guys tell all the parents about it. Everyone was joking about me and the raccoon. A day later I find a stuff raccoon on the hood and the car was dubbed the Raccoon mobile.Dave
lordvic

Post by lordvic »

well....being that i'm 5'8"... and if you drop the backseats down, you get a near perflectly flat surface about that height. Lay down a blanket or two to get rid of the feeling of the "ridges". Take your favourite gal out for a night. Find a nice deserted beach overlooking the water. pop open the back.you can fill in the rest.
2006 Vibe, Neptune Blue.
drunkenmaxx

Re: (lordvic)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

get drunk and pass out?
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »well its when i installed my CAI. I'd have to say my memory was hearing the car start up after installing what used to be your cai haha Love that thing!
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
NascarXprt

Re: Favorite memory of your Vibe (sagekai)

Post by NascarXprt »

lol i see that you got it, so how is it?
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
injun_josh

Post by injun_josh »

about a week ago some whiggers in a 95-96 impala ss with 24" rims pull up to me and i just think to myself, "these must be some true thugs!" (they had pulled out a neighborhood where the cheapest home is in the 300,000 dollar range) so i give them no thought, until the driver looks over and says "hey dude, whats that got in it" (all ghetto like, but im not trying to type that crap) to which i answer "a 4 cyl" they start laughing at me.... then the driver starts revving his engine up. looks back over at me and says, "thats a v8 cuz, but you dont know anything about that." light turns green, i punch it... by the time i start slowing down for the next light im a good 6 car lengths ahead of them. pulls back up beside me... "hey cuz i wasn't ready, you about to get dealt with" he starts revving. i put it to about 3500 rpms, light turns green, except this time i launch perfectly. by the next red light i would say he is 10 car lengths behind me. he pulls up. not saying a word. i lean over (to look up at him ) and say "what happened to me getting dealt with?" a plethora of curse words come out of his car. to which i reply "how bout i give you a head start? maybe then you can deal with my 4 cylinder." lights turns green and he is on it like hell. i let him get to just about 1 car length ahead when i start pushing it. i fly by laughing and flipping them off.