Thanks

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
phunkyvibe

Thanks

Post by phunkyvibe »

Thanks for the warm welcome, appriciated it. So im looking into maybe putting on a K & N Intake, priced around 250.00 CAN wondering if anyone would recommend any other brand, or if it is a worth while choice in terms of performance. All input is welcome. Also, I want to change the front grill, ive seen a couple nice ones on the site even, I realize most of you are from the states, but maybe someone would know some companies down here in Canada that would deal in these type of changes to the car, or even somewhere down in the states where it wouldn't cost an arm and leg to ship. Thanks all
vibe-04

Post by vibe-04 »

I looked into a Cosmo Racing air intake from Montreal. Good price but make sure to part the right piece to the right Vibe. Do a search to learn other's comments.I decided against installing it after my third speeding ticket. I upgraded the sound system instead. Welcome to the board. I've been lurking here for a couple of years. I've learned a lot, gained more skills and saved a bucket load of cash.Cheers from -27 C OttawaAndrew
kevera

Re: Thanks (phunkyvibe)

Post by kevera »

Cosmo is good but it depends on the year of your vibe for the CAI.If you have an 03-04 it will be OK.But others have had problem with the newer ones.I have an 04 with a Cosmo CAI and it's great.http://www.cosmoracing.com/productlist.asp?cid=148If you want a short ram intake it doesn't matter what kind you buy,it only applies to the CAI.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

i had an injen on my 03. performed nicely, and never, i repeat, NEVER, had a single issue. no check engine lights, no performance issues, nada. all was peachy.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
tcam

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by tcam »

Phunkyvibe, the K&N Typhoon Short Ram Air Intake that you're looking at is great! It sounds awesome, and I think adds around 10hp(I'm not completely sure on that # though). I have had it for about a year and absolutely love it. Just take into acount, that going with a CAI will probably get you slightly more power. However, a Short Ram is much simpler and you won't have to worry about ever sucking water into the intake.
phunkyvibe

Re: (tcam)

Post by phunkyvibe »

hey thanks there TCAM, all input is great. The picture that you have there under the post is the K&N CAI right? Or is that the short ram? I have the part number for down in canada, i would assume that part number might be the same as states side? Definitly could be wrong though, the part number for canada is 69-8601-TR, and if im right, that should be for the K & N CAI. Let me know, thanks
tcam

Re: (phunkyvibe)

Post by tcam »

ur welcome I have the K&N short ram. have no idea what the part # is though. sryThe way to know, is that a CAI wraps all the way down to the bottom of an engine bay. It is much longer than a short ram intake. It does this so it can draw in cooler-air away from the hot engine.
Merzbow

Re: (tcam)

Post by Merzbow »

I thought I heard that short rams don't add that much power if any because it if sucking in warm air from the engine bay? Although I bet it lets it breathe better than the nasty stock intake I have a Cosmo CAI and they are cheaper. You have to fight with it a little to get it to fit correctly but it wasn't a big deal at all.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
tcam

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by tcam »

Phunkyvibe, "69-8601TR" I'm pretty sure that's the part # for the Short Ram.The K&N website say it will add 12.2hp@7680rpm. They dynoe'd it on a Matrix XRS.http://www.knfilters.com/searc...601TR
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

what year and model do you have? we have an Injen Polished CAI for an 03/04 base Vibe that will be coming off Mav's vibe in a week or two.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Merzbow

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Merzbow »

woah woah woah....coming off? If he gets a Subaru I'm going to be upset.... lol j/k...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
AKLGT

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »woah woah woah....coming off? If he gets a Subaru I'm going to be upset.... lol j/k...like you didn't know? read my sig. STI was ordered and should arrive end of month or first of April.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Vibr8tr

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Vibr8tr »

So.... what is your plan with your CAI?
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com