Do you see many Vibes on the road

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
robdog

Do you see many Vibes on the road

Post by robdog »

Wondering how many of you see alot of Vibe's on the road. I have had mine since Oct. 2002 and I have seen 2 maybe 3 on the road. Just curious
03, Abyss monotone GT, 6 disk changer, moon and tunes, Cargo mat/nets, power package, side airbags, AEM Short Ram Intake, Borla exhaust , 35% tint all around, F1 strut tower brace, debadged, 17" Excel rims w/ federal ss595 tires.
millster

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (robdog)

Post by millster »

I have about 4 right in my neighborhood, one right next door in fact. They're still more rare than most other cars though.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
DABEAR95

Post by DABEAR95 »

I see more than one every day. I live north of Detroit, so there are not as many imports on the road around here...As compared to say boston, dallas, houston, orlano. Places I have been...Jason
2003 Vibe GT Lava w/accent + 17'' wheels2002 VW Golf TDI 43City/52Highway lifetime1995 Camaro Z28 CAI,!TB,Airfoil,Shorty Headers,!CAT,Borla exhaust, 3.73's w/eaton posi. 13.5@105 with 245/50/16 Michelin XGT's = no traction
bellwilliam

Post by bellwilliam »

I live in Los Angeles, and I have only seen 1 Vibe since 2 weeks ago when i bought my Vibe. but I see about 2-3 Matrix everyday. Matrix must be outselling Vibe in California by 10-1 or something.
Bellwilliam2003 S/C VibeTrim : Base, Abyss , AutoOptions: Moon & Tunes, Power Upgrades: Supercharger, Split Second A/F controller, 225/45-17, My other cars are PTE Miata, 13 Tesla S, 13 Volt, 06 997
cibomatto

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (bellwilliam)

Post by cibomatto »

I see about 1 vibe for every 8 matrixalso I have days where I see nothing but vibes.. I remember seeing 6 Vibes in one day..
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
millster

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (cibomatto)

Post by millster »

Hmm, I have the opposite experience. I see far more of the Vibe than the Matrix. I haven't seen a Matrix for months now.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
m4VibeGT

Post by m4VibeGT »

I'm seeing more Vibe, but that's because there are more than 5 Pontiac dealership within 20 miles of me
2003 Vibe GT Satellite MonotoneTRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Unichip
Zamboni Guy

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (m4VibeGT)

Post by Zamboni Guy »

I do not see many Vibes in the Mpls area, and I have been looking since ordering mine. I see the Matrix once in a while.
Go Wild!!
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Zamboni Guy)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

Not much, about 2-3 per week
MrRich

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by MrRich »

I went to Toronto a week ago.It's about 3 hours drive.And belive it or not a saw 11 Vibes.2 mono Neptune,1 two tone Abyss,1 two tone Shadow,1 two tone Salsa,and 6 two tone Satelite.
GenVibe Patriarch
red

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (silverawd26)

Post by red »

I've seen 3 red ones (1monotone) 1 green, 1 blue, 1 silver, 1 black and one white (me) two tones. Have seen 6 matrices. All but one of all of these spotted have been awd.
Cubanpete

Post by Cubanpete »

Yes I am starting to see them pop up quite a bit now, I also see Matrix.....
kaybeejay

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Cubanpete)

Post by kaybeejay »

I see about 10 Matrices for every 1 Vibe on the road. I have had mine since the summer of 2002.
2003 Shadow Vibe GT and 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Intron Depot

Post by Intron Depot »

Maybe 2 or 3 a week. It's kind of nice not to see too many of them.... makes me feel that I own something special (for now).
LoveMyVibe

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road

Post by LoveMyVibe »

I bought my car a month ago. Till date I have seen only 2 vibes. I have seen around 5 matrices.2003 Vibe Satellite 2 ToneAuto, Power Pkg, ABS
2003 Vibe Satellite 2 ToneAutomatic, Power Package, 16" Alloy Wheels, ABS
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

I see about 3-4 per week….granted some are the same! But there is a lot of Matrix around too!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
Triton

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (msmyer)

Post by Triton »

I see more Vibes than Matrix, but I still don't see that many as of yet.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
Johnnyquest

Post by Johnnyquest »

I've only seen one although my wife and son saw an envy one two days ago, liked to have seen that one as I've never seen one.
TGebiV

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Johnnyquest)

Post by TGebiV »

i see an a$$ load of matrix and a few vibes we are a rare breed here in indiana
Frosty Vibe GT Monotone. Power packageMods Tinted windows.
Keely

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (TGebiV)

Post by Keely »

Until this weekend, I had only seen one Frosty on the road beside me (unfortunately, the teenage girl driving was going far too slowly to notice a GT had whizzed by). However, I was up at the Sunshine Resort on Saturday and I saw not one, not two but THREE abyss Vibes in the parking lot! I'm sure genviber Chris was one of them....
keely dunn
Guy in PHX

Post by Guy in PHX »

I took my 1st road trip today, Phoenix to Tucson. It was about 230 miles round trip. I spotted 3 Matrices and 0 Vibes.P.S.I was really impressed with my gas mileage . . . . .40.282 mpg! Conditions; cruise control @ 65 mph, flat terrain, 4spd auto, temp 76F, and no A/C on.
Just Passin' Thru
2003 Vibe/2009 Nissan Cube
shenandoah24

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Guy in PHX)

Post by shenandoah24 »

I'm still not seeing very many of either. Whenever I see a Vibe--it is usually from out of state. A guy I work with has a sweet looking Matrix, so I see it every day. And there is a little old couple that shops at the store where I work a lot and they have a satellite monotone Vibe. But that's it. I see the same two cars all the time. I still have not seen a single shadow or frosty vibe on the road. Only on the dealer lot. So my car is still very unique--and I love that. Sometimes I almost (remember almost) wish that I had an Envy Vibe so that I would Never see another one. I think that the biggest seller will probably be satellite, just because a lot of the advertising for the vibe pictures a satellite one. That's just my opinion.....I love Salsa!!! But my second choice was Shadow.....
Heather Proud vibe owner I'M DRIVING IT 'TIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF! IT HAS SURVIVED ABUSE FROM A DUCK......A COYOTE...AN ARMADILLO...A HUGE DEER (NONE OF THEM WERE PETS EITHER ) ...AND A DAUGHTER....WHAT A CAR! 106K AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!!
HIGHREV

Post by HIGHREV »

My local dealer had 3 on the lot, 1 week after I bought mine they had five. Another dealer I go by usally they have one hidden in line. This weekend they had 5 out front on showcase. I think they are getting the hint that people are intrested. Another well known crappy dealer told me we don't keep them on the lot, we will order one if you really want one. Week later I bought on off a lot.
Neptune GTMoon & TunesPower Package
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Well, since September 2002, I have gone from seeing only mine on the road to seeing about 5 regularly (Lava, Satellite and Cosmic Blue). I am still the only Salsa on the road (whenever I am driving)....
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
Lee

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Big_Red)

Post by Lee »

I have only seen 3-but only one time each. (2 were parked!)
TraceyShadow, Two Tone, Auto, Moons and Tunes, Cargo Mat & nets, first aid pouch, storage pouch, Power Pkg, Theft system, Auto Pkg
HIGHREV

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Lee)

Post by HIGHREV »

I saw two frosties parked behind AAA, new student driver cars.Try learning on a GT, in the snow. Not sure what would burn more the clutch or the tires. HAHAHA
Neptune GTMoon & TunesPower Package
jackospades

Post by jackospades »

Today has been crazy I believe I spotted at least 15 Vibes of all colrs and models primarily base. I didn't feel like I was ans UFO today for the first time in a while Let's keep generating interest in this great car.
Still running smooth....... in 6th gear.War Damn Eagle!!!!Go Tigers!!!!
Lancer

Re: Do you see many Vibes on the road (Triton GT)

Post by Lancer »

I saw a Green Envy in Appleton last weekend. I had to look twice, I never saw one of those before.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
JayAyeEm

Post by JayAyeEm »

Yesterday, driving back from the Strong Museum in Rochester, NY, I saw 3 different two tone abyss Vibes in the space of about 10 minutes. One AWD, one base, one was too far away to tell. Before that, the only Abyss vibe other than my own that I'd seen in the area was the GT I test drove prior to purchasing mine.
2003 Vibe GT -- Two Tone Abyss, Moon & Tunes, Power Package