Maybe the Vibe doesn't truly exist....

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Atomic

Maybe the Vibe doesn't truly exist....

Post by Atomic »

I brought the Vibe into the dealer for its 20km service on Saturday.While I was there, I noticed the following piece of propaganda from GM Canada:Notice a lack of a Vibe?I haven't even seen any ads, print or TV for a vibe for a couple of years now.Maybe they just don't care to admit that the Vibe exists. I especially like the "Fuel Economy" tag for the Sierra 1500. I never thought I would be member of such a top-secret organization, that wouldn't be acknowledged by the "Company".If I show up at some clandestine Vibe gathering, will I get my decoder ring, and learn the secret handshake?.
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
BlueCrush

Re: Maybe the Vibe doesn't truly exist.... (Atomic)

Post by BlueCrush »

Did you take the red pill or the blue pill?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
millster

Post by millster »

Hmm... suddenly Kia's move doesn't seem so odd.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=25757
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Have you noticed the Pontiac TV ads? They say something like "Meet the Pontiac lineup" and there's no Vibe there either.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Mavrik

Re: Maybe the Vibe doesn't truly exist.... (Sputnik)

Post by Mavrik »

they are dumping a good seller IMO... and they blame the lack of overall sales on bad designs? I say bad marketing. I see 2-3 adds a day on TV for Chev but maybe 1 add a month for pontiac.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
GrayFox

Re: Maybe the Vibe doesn't truly exist.... (Mavrik)

Post by GrayFox »

Chevy is GM's baby... Pontiac is the red-headed stepchild (no offense to red-headed people )
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i've hardly EVER seen a pontiac add. the vibe is a great car.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
VforVIBE

Re: Maybe the Vibe doesn't truly exist.... (ANO_Vibe)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »Chevy is GM's baby... Pontiac is the red-headed stepchild (no offense to red-headed people )There is nothing wrong with being the red-headed stepchild or the wild child, that's what makes Pontiac driving excitement. Now if we could get some young fresh designers in there and get rid if the old guys, Pontiac would be set.(no offense to old guys )
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

um +1 to bad...i mean HORRID marketing...and by horrid i mean the worst there must be for the vibe.
GrayFox

Re: (silverawd26)

Post by GrayFox »

it makes sense to down a car that has your name on it? how is that getting at toyota? why even have the relationship with toyota in the first place if all GM was gonna do is dog it?I don't know what's up with GM but they made a winner and aren't celebrating much I love Pontiacs and will continue to do so. But I just don't get why they don't market this dang thing. Who do we the send hate-mail to again?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

exactly, they go into a joint venture for the vibe/trix and dont market it? they dont have to tell ppl its a toyota unless they want to. and F that crap they have been doing it with the colorado and geo's they are all foreign cars. GM is just dumb....
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

true you can't go by survey thingies but the vibe is selling so why not market it so it could sell more? I'm no expert on the automotive business so does Toyota get money for each vibe or something? How do colaborations like this work?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well then GM should NOT of made the vibe.
kostby

Post by kostby »

If GM is so afraid of hurting HHR, Aveo and Cobalt sales (by actually spending money to MARKET the Vibe), then why did GM EVER agree to build ANY vehicle at NUMMI??? Chevy marketed their Geo 'Nova' (NUMMI-built version of the Corolla), didn't they?For at least a year after the demise of the Sunfire, Pontiac had NO small car but the Vibe, and they STILL didn't do diddly squat to market it.Now that they have the finally (2006) added the G5/Cobalt, they HAVE a (lame) excuse NOT to market the Vibe and undercut G5 sales.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well it looks like all the US companies suck at knowing what people want... yea gm should of kept the subie stuff...but well their dumb so is ford...god...US companies and seriously look at their sales outside the US are good, like the focus in the UK is amazing...but no in the US we get some pos one... im just glad i have a corolla wagon that was cheaper than a toyota branded one and is going to supposidly last me a while with good mileage
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

I just re-read that poster up top and realize they've made another grave mistake. Since when is the G5 the world's answer for performance. Why not stick the Z06 in there?.... duh
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

The Vibe will be the net gen Vega in years to come Maybe it's not a bad thing. Just hold on to it for a while and when they start to fill up the junk yards you will have a classic only in production for 5 model years.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

lol, this just crossed my mind... I make ads (I work at a newspaper) and every now and again I get an ambiguous car ad where they don't care what kind of cars (they just want to throw some pics in) I try and put a vibe in there. It doesn't happen often but I try I wonder if GM needs a new ad designer?
Atomic

Re: Maybe the Vibe doesn't truly exist.... (BlueCrush)

Post by Atomic »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Did you take the red pill or the blue pill? Took both.Everything has a purplish tint now.
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

yea it was GMs idea to work together with Toyota to create the Vibe and they wont support it to get back at Toyota?? Hmmm somethings not right there.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
michaelgt

Post by michaelgt »

It is all about shareholder value. The priniciples of business are at play. For example, if you can buy a MP3 player for $40, and sell them for $45 without any advertising cost, or make a MP3 player for $30 (including all manufacturing, overhead and sales and marketing cost) and sell them for $45, what would you do?
808 Vibes

Re: (michaelgt)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I noticed that the other day I was in the showroom. There were stand up cardboard ads for "accessories for your" G6/ Torrent/Solstice...I looked all over-twice-and didn't see "accessories for your Vibe".
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
mcgusto82

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by mcgusto82 »

the vibe is not a fit for pontiac's "excitement division" so.. likely it won't get re-designed. This is their way of cutting off a bad limb.
MrDoopey

Post by MrDoopey »

Well, when I was looking to buy a car 3 years ago, there were no Vibes in stock.....anywhere! I always attributed that to be the reason that there were no ads at that time. I mean, why advertise, when you don't have any on the lot, and already have waiting lists?Is is still the same now?I have to wonder if mcgusto82 is right though......I sure hope not, it would be a shame!
MrDoopey 2003 base model, two-tone abyss, automatic, with power package, 6 speaker package
DopeVibeGT

Re: (mcgusto82)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Quote, originally posted by mcgusto82 »the vibe is not a fit for pontiac's "excitement division" so.. likely it won't get re-designed. This is their way of cutting off a bad limb.And the Wave is? LOL!
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
DopeVibeGT

Re: (mcgusto82)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Quote, originally posted by mcgusto82 »the vibe is not a fit for pontiac's "excitement division" so.. likely it won't get re-designed. This is their way of cutting off a bad limb.And the Wave is? LOL! Bring back the TA and make the G5 with an optional turbo, then maybe people will overlook the Wave.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Saw an online ad, the vibe gt has 164hp??
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
NascarXprt

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by NascarXprt »

in 03 and 04 the gt had 180 hp. then they dropped in 05 then again in 06
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
VforVIBE

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by VforVIBE »

wow, I didn't know it has that much hp...
Merzbow

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by Merzbow »

HA....meaning that it would take less money and effort for my base to catch the newer GTs of the world
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark