help me get my friend in a vibe (dealer issue)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
jeffgtx

help me get my friend in a vibe (dealer issue)

Post by jeffgtx »

as part of my commitment to this site and the outstanding car for which it stands... i am still convincing friend and family in the market for a car to look at the vibe.the best man in my wedding was clsoe to getting a matrix and i talked him into the vibe and certainly the 0% financing sealed the deal.here is the problem. he wants AWD with side airbags. they tried to dealer trade for two of them and they were sold during the wait. so there is one on a dealer lot. problem is it was apparently built and shipped before the AWD base price was reduced. so its sticker shows it as being almost a grand more than if you bought one built after. if you go to pontiac.com (zip 97302) its sticker is 23,185. if you go to buypower, the sticker is 22,160 or something like that. same damn car, same vin.dealer says they can't honor the GMbuypower price becasue they paid the higher invoice to get the car. (even though they said over the phone that they would before he drove an hour and a half to get there, thats a whole other "is GM trying to go out of business" thread for another day)anyway, i cannot believe that the price decrease wouldn't be retroactive to this car. i mean how can they expect to sell it against the same model built later? pontiac 800 number is closed for the fourth. can anyone comment intelligently on this?he is leaving the dealer now. i would like to find him a car before 0% goes away....sigh.
JeffGTX's Shades Of Gray Pontiac Armada:Cool: 2008 Solstice GXP ConvertibleSly: 2009 Solstice GXP CoupeMaverick: 2009 G8 GXP
GormalVibe

Post by GormalVibe »

Don't let the dealer BS you. This happened to me. 0% goes away on the 5th. My opinion is to grab that vin and go to another dealer. I did this when one dealer refused to work with me. I purchased the same car with the same vin from a dealer that was willing to work. Good thing is I did this in LA. My opinion to you is to jump on the Pontiac website and start dialing different dealers in the Bay area. It worked for me. Good luck
jeffgtx

Re: (GormalVibe)

Post by jeffgtx »

he is in portalnad OR and we alreayd tried that. the other dealer said he could not get it for the new lower base price. they wouldn't do it.i have tried calling two other dealers and no one picks up... 4th of july.i just need confirmation tha the lower base price does take effect on EXISTING inventory. can't get an official comment. i have been on gmbuypower so much the last two days that it makes me ill!finding an AWD with side airbags and power package is hard to do.
JeffGTX's Shades Of Gray Pontiac Armada:Cool: 2008 Solstice GXP ConvertibleSly: 2009 Solstice GXP CoupeMaverick: 2009 G8 GXP
jake75

Re: (jeffgtx)

Post by jake75 »

Since AWD versions are no longer being made, it might be hard to get a good deal on any remaining.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jeffgtx

Re: (jake75)

Post by jeffgtx »

i appreciate the replies, but you guys are not answering the question.does hte vibe price reduction apply to inventory?
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

the truck I bought was built a year ago, thus was before the price decrease. Gm gave the dealer's a credit towards the vehicle's still in inventory when they announced the price decrease..... plus they have additional rebates for aged inventory....so the dealer is BSing....
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
jeffgtx

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by jeffgtx »

thanks TN.alls well that ends well. the internet manager from yesterday's dealer called him today to apologize for what happened (he was off yesterday) and offered him an even lower price to come back and complete the purchase. he is on his way there now.that makes me 2 for 2 selling AWD vibes
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I hope the dealership is paying you a bird-dog fee!! When Teena bought her VW, she mentioned a freind of our that owns 3 VW's as part of the reason she was buying one, plus that they had bought 2 of the 3 at that dealership.....our freinds called us a week later to tell us the dealership had sent them a check for $150 for sending us to them!!!
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
nitrovibegt

Re: help me get my friend in a vibe (jeffgtx)

Post by nitrovibegt »

Quote, originally posted by jeffgtx »as part of my commitment to this site and the outstanding car for which it stands... i am still convincing friend and family in the market for a car to look at the vibe.the best man in my wedding was clsoe to getting a matrix and i talked him into the vibe and certainly the 0% financing sealed the deal.here is the problem. he wants AWD with side airbags. they tried to dealer trade for two of them and they were sold during the wait. so there is one on a dealer lot. problem is it was apparently built and shipped before the AWD base price was reduced. so its sticker shows it as being almost a grand more than if you bought one built after. if you go to pontiac.com (zip 97302) its sticker is 23,185. if you go to buypower, the sticker is 22,160 or something like that. same damn car, same vin.dealer says they can't honor the GMbuypower price becasue they paid the higher invoice to get the car. (even though they said over the phone that they would before he drove an hour and a half to get there, thats a whole other "is GM trying to go out of business" thread for another day)anyway, i cannot believe that the price decrease wouldn't be retroactive to this car. i mean how can they expect to sell it against the same model built later? pontiac 800 number is closed for the fourth. can anyone comment intelligently on this?he is leaving the dealer now. i would like to find him a car before 0% goes away....sigh.The Dealer is Full of It, All of the older price vehicle are reinvoiced. The dealer is just trying to take advantage and make some extra gross on his vehicle. Have your friend call me. I sell Pontiac's...I sell him the car at Dealer cost....minus any rebates plus taxes and plates....Thanks....Jason/NitrovibeGT...btw...weve heard throught the grapevine the 0% will be extended thru the end of July....Just so you know....
2004 Vibe GT ,Shadow/Black has 64k now.Upgrades,Eibach springs,Injen CAI,Zex Wet Nitrous System 10lb bottle,Haas intercooled turbo, 100+ HP. Dyno w/ Nitrous at 296 to the wheel...stupid fast...it will beat any ones vibe on this website handsdown.7000 dollar investment.worth every penny.Progress Sway Bars,laser defuser,dual exhuast, brembo drilled rotors.New audio pics on cardomain...800 watt amp, 2 x 10" kickers, 4 mid, 4 tweeter mb quart premium...Eclipse Nav.Awesome..New 18" Montegi Jason
Katscan

Re: (jake75)

Post by Katscan »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »Since AWD versions are no longer being made, it might be hard to get a good deal on any remaining.Where did you hear about this? As far as I have seen AWD Vibes are still being made. Just there will be no AWD models past 06. Unless you are saying they have already stopped production on it....which to me sounds dumb....but then again this is GM we are talking about, they are afterall dropping what could be a very good selling vehicle.
jeffgtx

Re: (Katscan)

Post by jeffgtx »

i am pretty sure he means that the 06 model year production is all done, meaning the 06 AWDs are all out there now.
PolarVrtX

Post by PolarVrtX »

That's true... I wanted an AWD and considered ordering one, but the dealers told me that I was out of luck on that account. Also, glad to hear you got the price down... I had the same problem of the "old" invoice price, but it didn't take too much arm twisting to get it back down... my dealer "forgot" that they had adjusted the base price
2006 AWD Stealth Vibe
BlueCrush

Re: (PolarVrtX)

Post by BlueCrush »

So does this mean my AWD is a collectors item now and it's value will increase?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD