Hi from a proud new Vibe owner!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Kate

Hi from a proud new Vibe owner!

Post by Kate »

Hi y'all!First, thanks for the info on this page. I learned a lot from reading before I made my purchase yesterday.Today is my 39th birthday, and last night, I decided to buy myself my first new car ever (no more of hubby's hand-me-downs!) After a lot of thought and research, and with a commitment to making an economical purchase, I was delighted to find such a stylish and snazzy car as the Vibe. And the 34 MPG makes me really happy, too -- the difference in gas mileage between the Vibe and the GMC pick up truck I was driving means that the travel reimbursement check from work will cover the car payments, and then some! To keep payments low, I chose the base model with not too many frills. I got the preferred package, ABS and side curtain airbags (for safety), and that's it. I locked in on the zero percent financing deal they have going through July 5, and my payment is only $278 a month after $1000 down (purchase price of $19,400 without tax, tag and title).I opted for the two-tone platinum because it reminded me a lot of an Audi Allroad wagon I saw once and liked a lot. I think the darker grey cladding on the bottom makes it look more SUV-ish, and that is attractive to me. Anyway, below is a picture of my new addition, which the dealer is graciously delivering to my house tomorrow morning. Now all I have to do is think of a cool name to call it!

Attached files
joatmon

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (Kate)

Post by joatmon »

I have a silver two tone also Happy birthday and welcome to genvibe!
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Happy b-day!Congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to genvibe. I have the same color 2 tone vibe.
genvibe garage
Kate

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (slvrvibes)

Post by Kate »

I noticed yours on this site, and it definitely sealed the decision to go with platinum two-tone rather than stealth or moonstone. Great car, eh? Do you love driving it? Any problems with it since you bought it?
Kate

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (slvrvibes)

Post by Kate »

Here is another pic of my new car. Apparently, this forum won't support the Mac browser for inserting images, so click on the image link below.

Attached files
Kate

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (joatmon)

Post by Kate »

Hey joatman, you got a pic of that car of yours?
PolarVrtX

Post by PolarVrtX »

Hi Kate! Happy Birthday! I just bought my new Vibe yesterday too... my first ever new car also. Good buying day yesterday was! Maybe that makes them twins... although mine is Stealth I'll be taking pictures when I get it home tonight
2006 AWD Stealth Vibe
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

welcome kate! and happy bday! The vibe is awesome! specially for a college student like my self, i "can" get good mileage (i drive with the throttle down a lot) and tons of room for moving stuff!here is joatmans ridehttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=21343
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Welcome to GenVibe, Kate!Happy Birthday! Nice Present for yourself. Nice that your travel reimbursement will cover the payments. The two tone does make it look more SUVish.As for posting images if you host them on a free third party site like photobucket you can link them here placing "[img]" blablabla.jpg "[/img]" before and after your image link (without parentheses), then the picture will display in your posts as pictures and not just links.Enjoy your stay!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kate

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (BlueCrush)

Post by Kate »

Hey, thanks for the tip! I will try that later and will post more pics soon!
Kate

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (PolarVrtX)

Post by Kate »

Cool - congrats on your new car! I loved the Stealth, but there was not one within 250 miles without the premium packages. The sunroof was not an option because my husband is 6'7", and the sunroof lowers the ceiling to the point he had to bend his head while sitting in the car. Without the sunroof, we can manage in a pinch. But, he says he's driving!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

No Problem. I see your are a documentary film maker. What type of films have you done?Done any major (well known) projects?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kate

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Kate »

Hey, the gas mileage is really great over the long haul. Looks like joatmon is getting 35.8 MPG on average, and sometime better than that. Woo hoo!
Kate

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (BlueCrush)

Post by Kate »

Not yet, but ask me that question in about two years. I'm working on something big right now, which is on the same scale as SuperSize Me -- basically it's me, a camera guy, some hard work and research, a few well-placed interviews, and a great premise. My first doc (30 minute short) is currently running on the local cable station in my hometown, which is kind of cool. Digital filmmaking is within reach for the average Joe (or, in my case, Jane) these days, which is a great thing. I love to see creative, independent spirits at work.
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Quote, originally posted by Kate »I noticed yours on this site, and it definitely sealed the decision to go with platinum two-tone rather than stealth or moonstone. Great car, eh? Do you love driving it? Any problems with it since you bought it?I love mine. I haven't had any problems with it what so ever.I've had it almost 10 months now.
genvibe garage
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Sounds promising! Good luck with the filmmaking!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Welcome!
NascarXprt

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by NascarXprt »

welcome to the site and congrats on the new purchase!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by Kate »Here is another pic of my new car. Apparently, this forum won't support the Mac browser for inserting images, so click on the image link below.I don't know what the Mac image insert feature is. I upload a pic as an attachment to a post, copy the resulting image url, then edit the post to paste in the image url, surrounded by [IMG] and [/IMG]Here are your pics:I have been getting good gas mileage, but I have the 5 speed, and tend to drive it for mpgs (avg 36.98 over the last 10K miles ) The car is fun to drive, but driving for mpgs is pretty boring, I think I need to sacrifice a tank or two and have some fun
Mavrik

Re: Hi from a proud new Vibe owner! (joatmon)

Post by Mavrik »

a late happy birthday to ya... and welcome to GV. Nice Vibe.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

welcome! congrats on the new purchase!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS