Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Triton

Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly?

Post by Triton »

Get this fellow Vibe owners! I had the first person ever tell me that my Vibe was ugly today! Believe it or not! I know that everyone has different tastes, but my Vibe...UGLY? LOLThis was coming from a person who drives a two door black Chevy Blazer, I think it around a year 2000 model. When I told them that I have a lot more room now and that the four doors was what I really needed, they proceeded to tell me how much of a pain in the a** it was to have more than one other person in their Blazer. HA!All I could do is chuckle and think to myself that they said my car was ugly when that Blazer is about as boxey as they come and hasn't had a design change in a while. They said that they didn't like the back end. But they did say that the color was nice!Anyways, I was wondering if any other fellow members have had an experience like this. Like I said, this is the first person who has said this to me. Everyone else either says cute (female) or cool (male).
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
Sputnik

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Triton GT)

Post by Sputnik »

Yes! A fellow coworker of mine, constantly says my Vibe is ugly! Yet he drives a 1997 Purple neon with confetti print on his upholstery!!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

Everyone that has seen my Vibe loves it. That individual must of been a very inmature bone head to critic someone else. Many people I know drive cars I do not like but hey they paid for it not me so it is proper for me to keep my mouth shut.Besides I got rid of my 2000 Jimmy for the Vibe and Don't regret it for 1 minute. In fact I didn't realize how much I hated thet Jimmy until I owned my Vibe.James
Vibe

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Sputnik)

Post by Vibe »

quote:Yes! A fellow coworker of mine, constantly says my Vibe is ugly! Yet he drives a 1997 Purple neon with confetti print on his upholstery!!UCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a lady friend that has the samething ---but then again it is her money and taste.
Triton

Post by Triton »

Not only is it a Neon (a vehicle which I detest), but it is PURPLE! Holy cow! That takes some nerve to say that the Vibe is ugly! LOL
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Triton

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Vibe)

Post by Triton »

I agree with you about the money and taste. That is why, even if it is a vehicle I don't like, I won't flat out tell them that it is ugly or I don't like it. I will just say something like, "that's nice" or something else not as rude as ugly.

CrazyJ-GT

Post by CrazyJ-GT »

Some people have told me that it looks like a miniature Pontiac Aztek from the front. If they wanna see ugly...look at the Aztek. It's a bit annoying when people start comparing it to it's older brother.
----------------JustinAbyss Vibe GT - Monotone, Moon & Tunes, 16" Wheels, & Power PackageMods: TRD Cold Air Intake, MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust, and Hotchkis Lowering Springs.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

quote:Not only is it a Neon (a vehicle which I detest), but it is PURPLE! Holy cow! That takes some nerve to say that the Vibe is ugly! LOLWell you know I could live with the purple if I had to, but the upholstery?? Its tan coloured with blue and red fiesta/confetti print!
GenVibe Global Moderator

NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

quote:Everyone else either says cute (female) or cool (male).LOL, exact same comments here as well.Personally I have been told nothing but positive comments on my Vibe. Although occasionally I can "sense" that they are just saying that to be nice. Lately, I have been getting alot of positive comments at the gas station.
PBFlash

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (silverawd26)

Post by PBFlash »

Pretty much everyone loves my Vibe. The only person that said it was ugly was my wife. She said it looks like a PT Cruiser??????
Satellite Vibe GTMoons and Tunes Package with 6-Disc In Dash CD, Safety/Security/Power Packages, cargo mat. 35% tint all around (except windshield)18 in Motegi Racing MR8 Wheels/Nitto NT 555 225/40ZR-18 tiresStainless Steel Exhaust TipInjen CAIPics of my Vibe CarDomain.com
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Only one person said it was 'ugly'. My bro. But, he also said "It has some balls!" LoL 2 females said they didnt like it, but who cares! Everyone else likes the looks, and I love it. Thats what counts. And someone with a Neon shouldnt be saying a Vibe is ugly. LoL
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
d johnson

Post by d johnson »

I am getting ready go get my vibe and I think that the design is the best that I've seen in a long time. The Blazer is a gas hog and most of the time only one person is driving in it at a time. The Vibe has way more to offer as far as Gas Milage and looks . I think the Blazer is .
QUIKAG

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (DopeVibeGT)

Post by QUIKAG »

A few people have told me they're not fond of the styling, but I don't care. It does look look like a little minivan/sport ute, but I don't care. It's a great car and looks good to me, handles good, goes pretty well, hauls a lot of crap, gets good gas mileage...it's a jack of all trades and I like it!! That's all that matters!!
'03 Vibe GT monotone silver/black interior, 17 inch wheels, 6-disc changer, power packageMods: AEM intake, TRD springs, A-spec Strut Bar'01 Corvette Coupe silver/black interior, six-speed, Z51, a few mods, 12.29 at 117.3mph in 1/4 mile on street tires.
shenandoah24

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (QUIKAG)

Post by shenandoah24 »

Only my Grandmother has told me that it was ugly...but that's okay. She doesn't even drive...
Heather Proud vibe owner I'M DRIVING IT 'TIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF! IT HAS SURVIVED ABUSE FROM A DUCK......A COYOTE...AN ARMADILLO...A HUGE DEER (NONE OF THEM WERE PETS EITHER ) ...AND A DAUGHTER....WHAT A CAR! 106K AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!!
Guy in PHX

Post by Guy in PHX »

I think it looks distictive and unique. But, my own wife said it looks like a chick car. . . . . . . a chick car! I don't get it.
Just Passin' Thru
2003 Vibe/2009 Nissan Cube
cibomatto

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Guy in PHX)

Post by cibomatto »

**GASP** A Chick Car? how dare she!!!!
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
Sputnik

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (cibomatto)

Post by Sputnik »

Hey I'm a chick and I have one... it must be a chick car! Besides whats wrong with a chick car? Its not like its pink, has ruffles and bows or anything.
GenVibe Global Moderator

drb22

Post by drb22 »

I have so far received mostly positive feedback on my new Vibe. Although a good friend of mine who said he liked the way it drove also said that he wasn't sure if the styling would last the test of time and may not be as stylish in a few years. I took that as he is not overly found of the looks and was his best attempt at stating that while being nice and positive about my new purchase. I am not worried about the "test of time" aspect of the Vibe's looks - hey, if I like it now, why wouldn't I in a few years! The only test of time issue I am worried about is its long term reliability, but we will see about that when people start to get 100,00 miles on them in a couple of years.
Shadow Vibe - two tone (almost no need for the monotone in this color IMHO) - slate interior - power package - moon and tunes - abs - 16" aluminum wheels - and the GD on the radio! http://www.cardomain.com/id/db_vibe
B_artman

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (drb22)

Post by B_artman »

i cant remember who it was now, but right when we got ours, someone told me that my Aztec was ugly... lol.... dumbo didnt know it was a vibe! what a sheep
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Ugly? No way! Just had a teenage kid tell me I had a nice Vibe. Never got that with my '92 Nissan Sentra. Come summer I'm sure this car will turn into a major chick magnet.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, Pwr Pkg, Grafxwerks Badging, Coolblue Headlights, Silverstar Fogs, APC Silver Pedals Kit.
Rico Rose

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (B_artman)

Post by Rico Rose »

I picked up my Vibe in April so I was one of the first ones around here. Someone mistaked mine for an Aztek also, man that was the ultimate let down. I remember when I was a kid I saw a Porsche for the first time (it was speedster, I'm showing my age here) I said to my Dad "Hey look, a VW like Uncle Joe's" and the owner heard me, now I know how that guy felt...
2006 Vanilla PT Cruiser Touring Edition.
Vibe

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (R.Rose)

Post by Vibe »

All Porchces are is a dressed up VW--
DopeVibeGT

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Guy in PHX)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Nah. A chick car is a Neon. Anyone who mistakes a Vibe for an Aztek needs to get stronger glasses. MUCH stronger, because the only thing they share is the Pontiac name and arrowhead.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
Triton

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (DopeVibeGT)

Post by Triton »

My wife's car is an Aztek and when my Vibe and her car are sitting side by side, they really are no similarities except the pontiac arrowhead. It did take some time for the Aztek to grow on me, but I don't mind it so much anymore (especially since I own one). I am really glad they got rid of that gray plastic on the side! I told my wife that we were not (yeah right) going to get one unless they did something about that! LOL

SCTM

Post by SCTM »

Better not to say that my lovely Vibe is ugly, I'll send my.... wife. She doesn"t want me to wait another 6 months to get another car and "talk-about-everyday..."; call the dealer every week, check again and again the brochure and check every GM TV ad!!! and so on. No she doesn't want that happened again. LOL (so am I) I did the right choice and may be everyone else thing the same, even those with Neon - may be
SCTM QUÉBEC Base 5spd Satellite, 20-35%back-tint, 3M film, HiddenHitch, Motegi Racing MR8, Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors, Winter GoodYear UltraGrip ice... and Lawnmower 310CCA battery !
Stang2Vibe

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (SCTM)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

The only person who tells me it's ugly is a guy that I work with, but he drives a company work truck that he doesn't even own! LOL, I remind him of that fact every time he tells me it's ugly (or I say " you are ugly too, but you don't hear me saying anything about that to everyone, do you?"). LOL. He also tells me that it "sounds ricey". Most people question my sanity after trading the Mustang for my Vibe. Until they get in and I let 'er wind out, hehehe. The Mustang always drew lots of attention and comments. They have slowed considerably since I purchased the Vibe. I don't care, I'm glad I traded it in for my Vibe. It is tied with my '94 Grand Prix for my favorite car that I've owned so far.P.S.---people who own Neons and think that they are more than a funky looking economy car have serious problems. Especially if they have confetti interior.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Shadow Realm

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Stang2Vibe)

Post by Shadow Realm »

The Aztek looks like a rhino in the front to me. That's not bad! I sell them all so I hear all kinds of things from customer. One of my customers told me that the VIbe was the most practical car he had ever driven. Another said that it looked too much like an Aztek except it looked cool at the same time...How funny. Two weeks later he came in and bought one too. another customer told me that he liked the Matrix better. I asked him if he had seem one in person and he replied that he had only seen them on TV. I told him to go to the Toyota dealership and take one out on loaner and bring it over to compare them side-by-side. An hour later he brought it over and I had to take the Toyota back to the dealer after he bought the Vibe. There's a whole bunch more but I think you get the idea. Vibe's are peppy and practical and fun to drive.
Abyss Monotone GT, 6 speed, Moon & Tunes, Power Group,and 16" Alloys. Soon you can see my Vibe GT at Shadowrealm's car pics but for now it is under construction!
Jethro

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Shadow Realm)

Post by Jethro »

One of my older brothers made the comment that "that's one ugly car you bought" - interestingly enough he also drives a Blazer, maybe were on to something here.I simply smiled and said "maybe, but you obviously don't know about the coolest feature of the car". As expected he asked "What's that?" To which I replied "It's mine! And I don't give a sh*@ if you like the look!" I've had just a couple of people say "that looks like a little brother to the Aztech - the younger, better looking one!"
Triton

Re: Has anyone told you that your Vibe is ugly? (Jethro)

Post by Triton »

quote:One of my older brothers made the comment that "that's one ugly car you bought" - interestingly enough he also drives a Blazer, maybe were on to something here.You may be right Jethro. Maybe they are just so tired of the Blazer's looks that they are trying to bring us down. LOLquote:I simply smiled and said "maybe, but you obviously don't know about the coolest feature of the car". As expected he asked "What's that?" To which I replied "It's mine! And I don't give a sh*@ if you like the look!" Great response also! I couldn't have put it better myself!

ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Yeah, my friend is a punk, she said "EWWWWWW it's UUUUUGGGGLLLLLYYYYY!!!" but she says that about everything. She drives an 02 monte carlo, which i think is atrocious...But a lot of people ask me what I drive, I tell them a vibe, they seems to often respond "oh, that's YOUR vibe out there? NICE!"
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)