Cool GenVibe contest

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
joatmon

Cool GenVibe contest

Post by joatmon »

Judging from how many people log in to the site each day, and compared to the low number who actually vote in the Vibe of the Month contest each month, apparently most people do not know that there is a Vibe of the Month Contest.Well, there is one. So have you voted in [edit - last month's poll - see below for this month's poll] yet?At the time of this post, only 27 members have voted so far. That is pretty disappointing turnout.If you have questions about the Vibe of the Month contest, speak up, don't just sit there, participate!EDIT I watched the forums for a while the end of the month, and saw 369 different members be on line from time to time, each had valid oppounity to vote in the VOTM contest, but only 59 did. I can't tell which of the 359 voted
ArcsVibe

Re: Cool GenVibe contest (joatmon)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Bump for a great contest! People do not forget the MOTM (Member of the month) ask Joatmon for details and a ballot!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

brbo

Post by brbo »

I'm noted on your list yet voted,, Good Luck to all !! Cheers B -'06AWD
scherry2

Re: (brbo)

Post by scherry2 »

yea get out and vote!! your vote does matter!!
Mavrik

Re: (scherry2)

Post by Mavrik »

I vote when I remember to which is only once a month...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

What if it was made to be a sticky on all the forums? So people can see it where ever they go.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
CFD911

Post by CFD911 »

I am not sure if it would work but if it does I think it would be alot easier1. Have a fairly large icon on the homepage for "VOTE FOR THE VIBE OF THE MONTH"2. When you click and go to that page have one pic of everyones car that is involved in it. and to view more shots on there car you click on it to take you to a site where they have more pics on it them selves (ie cardomain)3. and atthe bottom of the page where all different pics of the vibes are you have the polling but not the results as you go along. Jsut have the # of people that have voted so far. Again I am not sure if it would be possible but it is an idea
damronjr

Re: Cool GenVibe contest (CFD911)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by CFD911 »I am not sure if it would work but if it does I think it would be alot easier1. Have a fairly large icon on the homepage for "VOTE FOR THE VIBE OF THE MONTH"2. When you click and go to that page have one pic of everyones car that is involved in it. and to view more shots on there car you click on it to take you to a site where they have more pics on it them selves (ie cardomain)3. and atthe bottom of the page where all different pics of the vibes are you have the polling but not the results as you go along. Jsut have the # of people that have voted so far. Again I am not sure if it would be possible but it is an ideaIt's a good idea that has been thrown around. I believe that Sam is working on something to that affect anyways, but I do think we need something like you just suggested. As you described it was a very good template to use. Probably would be fairly easy as well. Getting member help is sometimes a PITA and the guys who moderate these forums do it voluntarily and on their own time.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Vibe_of_the_thing

Post by Vibe_of_the_thing »

You can take me off the beat-down list.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

You uh... wanna take me off that list pal? I can only vote once and did a long time ago so even though I visit daily, I can't fricken post again.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Hope you fricken realise I was fricken joking, indicated by the fricken smiley fricken fricken...
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

I also want to bump up the Member of the Month (MOTM) Come on guys, only 3 ballots!! Get your nominations in!!Thanks again to Joatmon for all of his hard work on running MOTM Also don't forget to vote in the Vibe of the Month (VOTM) just click on the link in my signature. It will bring you to the voting thread
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

everyone better VOTE... or else
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i dont vote cuz well i dont know anyone here..or anyones car.
GrayFox

Re: (RedFire2K)

Post by GrayFox »

there are links to the nominees garages with some sort of pictures on the poll thread...remember VOTM is about the Vibe not the person... so you don't really have to "know" someone to vote for a good looking car. If you want to nominate someone that you see being an outstanding member then nominate them for Member Of The Month
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I always vote for VOTM, but never for MOTM. I've never met anybody so i really don't know who to vote for. IMO the moderators always deserve MOTM just for keeping this great site going.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
GrayFox

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by GrayFox »

you don't really "vote" for MOTM you can only nominate someone then the winner is chosen randomly
KNINE

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by KNINE »

Okay I stand corrected, but the same thing is still true. I don't know anybody. I have a few favorites who's posts I like to read, but I don't think that alone qualifies them for MOTM.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.