What to do when you spot a vibe in your town?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
joholste

What to do when you spot a vibe in your town?

Post by joholste »

I know i one time found a place on here where i could printout a flyer for Genvibe. does anyone know where to still find that at?? I see a lot of vibes around here and would like to inform them of this place.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
Ponyota

Re: What to do when you spot a vibe in your town? (joholste)

Post by Ponyota »

Use the search feature and type in "flyer" it brings up what I think your looking for.
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
Mavrik

Re: What to do when you spot a vibe in your town? (Ponyota)

Post by Mavrik »

I just keep driving, maybe pace them for a second if they look young lol.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
vibebob

Post by vibebob »

it isn't the same as when I had a new beetle, you could wave and get one back.with the vibe I wave and the other person just looks at me, I guess not relating that we're driving the same type vehicle.
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
PhillyVibeGT

Re: (vibebob)

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

Normally, I look at the little old lady driving it and think (removed)?!?!
04 GT Satellite Monotone17'' Fittipaldi Fins on Falkin Azenis ST115'sMoon and Tunes/Sirius Satallite RadioInjen CAI/Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust GM Top Spoiler/Debaged SilverStar Fogs "I wasn’t born rich, I’m good looking instead"
Jaycie685

Re: (PhillyVibeGT)

Post by Jaycie685 »

Yeah a lot of the Vibes I see around my area are driven by old ladies or old guys! I mostly see younger people in Matrixes.
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
Mavrik

Re: (Jaycie685)

Post by Mavrik »

yup most people driving a Vibe view it as just a car I guess...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i gave up waving at vibe owners up here a long time ago. they just don't seem that interested.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
joholste

Post by joholste »

see the thing is when you live on a military base in the barracks and you see the other vibes in your parking lot you can be pretty certain that they're younger peoples.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yea theres a couple students up with with them, otherwise its old ladies...and only guys in vibes look at my vibe and go...nice
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I try to pull up beside them...most timeslike everyone else it's a more MATURE person. When its not I tend to find the younger ones have been very snotty they won't look over or anything.....therefore I blow past them I dislike conceited people with their noses in the air.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
heha

Post by heha »

i printed up those flyers and whenevr I see another vibe parked somewhere I'll throw one on the windshield...my wife thinks Im a nerd .....
sometimes madness is confused with passion.......but is there any other way to live?
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

If it's cooler than mine I try to run it off the road! Nah, like everyone else said, most of the Vibes around here are stockers owned by older folks who look to have to intentions of doing anything with their cars. There are a few fixed up Vibes I have been seeing around, namely overboost*****?, 2 or 3 on base that I don't know, and a few others I see randomly. Most of the time I am in my wife's truck since that's what we usually go out in, but I have flyers in the car!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

Like most have said, most other Vibe drivers don't care if they see another Vibe driving. I used to wave when I'd drive next to another Vibe, but I'd usually always get the who is that and why is he waving at me look. Other times they wouldn't even notice, so I don't bother any more. If I saw another modified Vibe or maybe even a Matrix I might, but I have yet to see one in my area except SavedbyZero.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I updated the GenVibe window flyers and you can find MS Word and Acrobat versions here:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=18937I put on flyers all the time and will wave if I think the other driver can see me. Since I'm, um "mature", most other drivers just think I'm senile. The other day I thought I hit pay dirt when TWO Vibes passed me on the way home. When I caught up with them though, I saw that they were Enterprise rentals.
damronjr

Re: What to do when you spot a vibe in your town? (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »When I caught up with them though, I saw that they were Enterprise rentals. Yep, they rent Matrices here. And I have seen quite a few Matrices that are company cars as well.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Viben' round

Re: What to do when you spot a vibe in your town? (damronjr)

Post by Viben' round »

Uhm, nothing.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/485204 Mods: Lowes Mat in the trunk area, 6 1/2"Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P in the front, Pioneer 6 1/2" 3 ways in the back, JVC KD-LH810, Grafxwerks stuff, Chrome Lugs, Yakima Roof Rack, LandShark, LoadWarior, Bedmount Bike Rack (fits nicely in tracks) and BarrCrafter Snowboard racks
ColonelPanic

Re: What to do when you spot a vibe in your town? (Viben' round)

Post by ColonelPanic »

I do nothing as well... People here don't really give a crap about these things. The few that have 'em seem to be more interested in driving them than showing any sort of pride/enthusiasm/etc. with their vehicle.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

man when i walk to school i see 3 vibes, 1 is a students and 2 are facutly. as for rentals, in duluth theres a lava 05 vibe at enterprise! and in the cities hertz does both trix and vibe and ACTUALLY the 05 hertz vibes are going for like 14k pretty well loaded with around 26k miles.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Normally I will pace them and if they look interested I will nod show off a little. If not than oh well. I ALLWAYS see the modified Vibes on the other side of the median. There's a frosty with springs, rims, tint, no roof racks, and grills I see around here every now and then. We actually did a little b/s skirmish on my way to class one morning but I was never able to stop and talk to him or tell him about this site...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
ArcsVibe

Re: (heha)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by heha »i printed up those flyers and whenevr I see another vibe parked somewhere I'll throw one on the windshield...my wife thinks Im a nerd .....LOL so I am NOT the only one my wife thinks I am crazy
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Vibetime

Post by Vibetime »

I walked up to a fellow sitting in his Vibe last week. Asked him how he liked it. (He was driving an 03 GT) He told me he had purchased it when it was new and he LOVES his Vibe. There was about 8 inches of snow on the ground at the time so he told me that you had to be careful with the FWD...I showed him how well the Selectrac works on the AWD on an open icy patch in the parking areawhere we were at. (Like riding on rails!). So, I told him about GenVibe. Perhaps he's lurking around the site. It was nice to find someone who likes his car as much as I like mine!
05 Platinum AWD ~ Moon&Tunes with XM ~ Cosmo CAI ~ Limo TintI am the Road Warrior!
JenniRedd

Re: What to do when you spot a vibe in your town? (Vibetime)

Post by JenniRedd »

I honk sometimes or wave but I will definitely be printing that flyer and passing it out. I love my car and would love to meet other Vibe owners in my town. Vibes are great cars. I love the room. Funny thing happened to me one night though. I am a 29 year old single childless female because I like it that way and I love having me all to myself!!! LOL!! Anyway a new coworker starts questioning me. She asked did I have any kids, was a married, why did i need such a big car? I replied that I was single, childless and thats the kinda car I wanted!!! Hey it was great on the roadtrip to pick up my younger sister and her 4 GREYHOUNDS!! That was a site. Wish I had pictures. Later, Jenni Redd
Later, Jenni ReddJenni Redds 2005 Vibe: Silver with black interior. The seat covers and air freshner have the dragon surrounding the yin-yang. Besides that everything is all factory!! I will eventually do some customizing.
angelkisses

Re: (heha)

Post by angelkisses »

Quote, originally posted by heha »i printed up those flyers and whenevr I see another vibe parked somewhere I'll throw one on the windshield...my wife thinks Im a nerd .....sounds like something toolman would do, the term I would use is dork, instead of nerd, but it comes off with the same general message ha ha ha
Toolman's Little Angel http://theeulogy.wirefire.com
jmf2

Post by jmf2 »

Look at the driver zoned out in la-la land, oblivious to the fact they're driving the best frickin' car on the road. Next to mine, of course!It amazes me how many poeple just think of it as a "car". Asked one how they liked it, he said it was "ok"! LOSER!
Current car: 2011 Red Hyundai Elantra. Last Vibe: 2005 Fusion Vibe A/T, power group, moon and tunes, ABS, alloy wheels, window tinting, stone/bug shield. First Vibe: 2003 Salsa Two Tone, A/T, power group, totaled by my son in a rollover accident, 7-8-2004
Merzbow

Re: What to do when you spot a vibe in your town? (jmf2)

Post by Merzbow »

Yeah, and if that person had it their way, I'd bet they'd be driving a 2003 v6 mustang convertible with brake dust engulfed wheels and scratches all over the door handles from keys, blasting some Usher
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark