Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
damronjr

Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend?

Post by damronjr »

Just thought I'd say welcome back to anyone who was away and see how everyone's T-day weekend went since no one has started a thread yet. Didn't do much here, just sat at home, went shopping Friday some, and was sick all day Sat and Sun and still some today. Worked on the car a lot. Got the rear bags done... kind of, they're acting up some. Still working on them is what I should have said! Anyways, hope everyone had a good weekend and got/gets back safe!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Mase

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (damronjr)

Post by Mase »

My weekend was pretty good.I installed LED signals, LED parking, LED brake, fabricated a LED 3rd brake light grid, built kits to fix the 'hyper flashing" signal problem, hardwired my V1, and came in to a hot turkey meal at the end of the day.
cieglo

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (damronjr)

Post by cieglo »

It was a weekend of gluttony and little driving:Thursday: Fried a turkey outback in the turkey fryer and had an unusually quiet, relaxing, peaceful and enjoyable turkey dinner with just my immediate family of four. Follwed by a nap and a trip to the Potter movie, in the Vibe.Friday: Made a huge pot of chili of my own special blend, drove, in the vibe, to the high school football playoff game tailgate party, out the back of the vibe, watched our otherwise awesome school's team get pummeled 32-0, cried and drove home, in the vibe.Saturday: did nothing (ok, actually I played world of warcraft for like 10 hours straight, but not in the vibe).Sunday: in-laws came over for another non-fried turkey dinner and brought noise, chaos, confusion and strife and left with half the leftovers. Hardly drove the vibe at all except to pick up a few missing things, in the vibe.

Attached files
Vibe GT '03, Lava Red 2-tone, 16" wheels, Moon'n'Tunes, Injen CAI, ACT clutch, vented rotors, Tein coil- overs, Grafxwerks decals, lead foot on the gas and white-knuckled fist on the stick & Hankook RS-3 for AutoX http://noraracing.net/
mcgusto82

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (cieglo)

Post by mcgusto82 »

my wife and i had dinner with my family. about 10 people showed up.food was good. my wife was trying to impres my parents with her cooking. she did. her food was gone first.i haven't done anyhting to the car. not even a wash. it's too cold around here.i did play a little PSP.
BOZACK

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (mcgusto82)

Post by BOZACK »

I drove upstate to my cousins with my girl and my brother. Had a really great dinner, too many deviled eggs kept me from eating more turkey. The power went out and we had desert in candle light. Drove home and pulled some good navigation moves in the Vibe to cut travle time down an hour. Achieved the worst gas milage ti date, thanks to the hour wait to get over the bridge and the rest of the traffic.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
Toolman

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (BOZACK)

Post by Toolman »

I ate Turkey Dinner at my grandparents and then went to work. It was cold here to so I stayed inside. I did do a little hunting though and did not see anything worth shooting.
http:/theeulogy.wirefire.com2003 Neptune Blue Moon and Tunes4 Speed AutoBluetooth Install(Wifes)2004 Torrid Red GTO Tinted WindowsBluetooth Install0-60mph in 5.2 seconds0-130mph in 22.5 seconds(Mine)
mcgusto82

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (Toolman)

Post by mcgusto82 »

Quote, originally posted by Toolman »I ate Turkey Dinner at my grandparents and then went to work. It was cold here to so I stayed inside. I did do a little hunting though and did not see anything worth shooting.ohh too bad. next year come to NY. there always someone worth shooting.
damronjr

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (mcgusto82)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by mcgusto82 »ohh too bad. next year come to NY. there always someone worth shooting.Plenty around here too!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Well Turkey day at camp prosperity (Baghdad) was good, they had a pretty big spread at the chow hall. Lot of decorations wish I could show a pic but we cant take pic's in the chow hall any more. Wife and kids went to a neighbors house her husband is over here too, well they all had a good time. I got to do a little tinkering my self, repaired some head lights on a Humvee and pulled an engine out of another (watter in the oil) I am on night shift 7pm to 7am so my days go by in two's. New year just around the corner. Cant wait!
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BOZACK

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (mac99d)

Post by BOZACK »

I couldn't go hunting with my shoulder. But I will be going in Dec. with my birthday/christmas present from my brother.Hope I see something worth shooting. He he he. .480 Ruger.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
damronjr

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (BOZACK)

Post by damronjr »

You almost need a shoulder rest for that barrel!
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

Quote, originally posted by Toolman »I did do a little hunting though and did not see anything worth shooting.Maybe you should go up to where Mike (ragingfish) lives and shoot those deer that keep hitting his vehicles!
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
joholste

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (mac99d)

Post by joholste »

hey mac man i feel for ya spending the holidays in the big sandbox. get back safe and soon man.*EDIT*i took my soldiers to bennigans for thanksgiving dinner because there were 7 of us that didn't go home for thanksgiving.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
Viben' round

Re: Well, how was your Turkey Day weekend? (joholste)

Post by Viben' round »

well I had a beautiful Thanksgiving. I spent it in Vermont with my girlfriend and her family. It was my first holiday away from home and it was very nice. It had snowed the day before and snowed Thursday alllll day. 6 inches in all. We went up to Burlington on Friday and did a little window shopping and saw the tree lighting. Very prety country up there. Will be looking foreward to doing it again!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/485204 Mods: Lowes Mat in the trunk area, 6 1/2"Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P in the front, Pioneer 6 1/2" 3 ways in the back, JVC KD-LH810, Grafxwerks stuff, Chrome Lugs, Yakima Roof Rack, LandShark, LoadWarior, Bedmount Bike Rack (fits nicely in tracks) and BarrCrafter Snowboard racks