what would you classify the vibe as??????

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
TGebiV

what would you classify the vibe as??????

Post by TGebiV »

What would you classify the VIBE as a wagon sport compact mini minivan? or just plain pimpin?
Frosty Vibe GT Monotone. Power packageMods Tinted windows.
KSNeptune

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (s5amiller)

Post by KSNeptune »

A sport mini wagon.
TGebiV

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (KSNeptune)

Post by TGebiV »

LOL all of the above my buddies call it a mini minivan i am like no it is a sport compact wagon! The one guy drives a zr2 so i am like lets race and he is afraid of it when it comes to that.
cibomatto

Post by cibomatto »

I consider it a sporty station wagon also my DMV registration has it classified as a Sports Utility .
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

Definitely a sport wagon. The guys at work say if I feed it (Vibe) some milk it will grow up to be a Aztek.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
VibeSalsa

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (rasermon)

Post by VibeSalsa »

.quote:...if I feed it (Vibe) some milk it will grow up to be a Aztek.Oh no! Don't do that! I don't think it will be a good thing for you... The baby Vibe is so beautiful!
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
TGebiV

Post by TGebiV »

lol super fun mini buggy I raced a s-10 lowered with all kinds of stickers on it and spanked him!!!
KSNeptune

Post by KSNeptune »

Hmmmm... Maybe he didn't have his stickers activated yet.As for classifying, I'm gonna change my Vibe's classification to "Blue". No, wait, make that "fun". OK, maybe "Useful" instead.Geeze, I can't decide. "Supercar", anyone?KSNeptune
vibegirl

Post by vibegirl »

Just a comment...I would NEVER call any car "pimpin". This word should not be used as slang, the implication is horrible. Pimping is not cool, it is sick, manipulative and illegal. Sorry to vent, but it upsets me how many people use that word so casually.
Abyss Vibe, power package, alloy wheels, 6 speaker system, cargo mat, mud guards and bumper protector!
CaCathy13

Post by CaCathy13 »

I think of it as a SPORT wagon, not a station wagon....but I think it could also be looked at as an SUV...because really when I think of a station wagon, I don't think of a gate that lifts up. Regardless, it sure as hell ain't a STATION WAGON!!
CathyWhen this baby hits 6.000rpm's, you're gonna see some serious sh*t-Got Lift?'03 Neptune Vibe GT: SLP Hood, AEM CAI, Thermal R&D exhaust, Unorthodox underdrive pullies, K&N filter, G-Racing 17' Mito's, TEIN Springs, yellow calipers, GrafxWerks, Silverstar's, XM, Infinity basslink-more mods to come!http://www.mitro.net/vibe
Frosty

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (CaCathy13)

Post by Frosty »

quote:I think of it as a SPORT wagon, not a station wagon....but I think it could also be looked at as an SUV...because really when I think of a station wagon, I don't think of a gate that lifts up. Regardless, it sure as hell ain't a STATION WAGON!! Ok how about 4 door hatchback?As for the tailgate issue. Have a look around at the Taurus, Volvo, Subaru.... wagons. They all have similar liftback, liftgate, hatchback, whatever. Get over it, you have the coolest looking, smartest small wagon ever. No shame in that.
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
biggdogg173

Post by biggdogg173 »

just plain pimpin' the only way to go
Won't you please be...my neighbor?Hello neighborKevin
mark and jaclyn

Post by mark and jaclyn »

It's a baby Aztek
Mark and JaclynBase Vibe| Neptune(Two-Tone), Slate 5-Speed - Power - Cargo Mat -All Season Vinyl Mats(front and rear) - 16" Aluminum Wheels - 1 google-head dog
Kateri

Post by Kateri »

It's the coolest Multi-purpose vehicle on the planet!!!!!
"Kateri Tekawatante"(means Catherine One Against Many in Mohawk)Shadow/Graphite AWD Power VibeMohawk Driver, Kids on Board WE Our Vibe
TRICKEDVIBEGT

Post by TRICKEDVIBEGT »

It's a Cross-over vehicle. Cross-over - (Car/SUV) It's more then a car but not really a SUV. I would not call it a Wagon or mini Wagon, however I know there are people out there that would consider it as that, ecspecially if they do not know what a Vibe is. My Vibe GT does a damn good job at spankin hondas, integras, s-10s and list goes on.... haha alot of people want to race, i am guessing because they are like what the hell is that? and then when I smoke them, they are like what the hell is that? lol.
BigWill

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (TRICKEDVIBEGT)

Post by BigWill »

hey tricked vibe gt, do you have any picks of your car online? I would like to see what is spankin' all of these cars out here. You must really ahve a lot under the hood. Nice work on representing the VIBE club...
My Vibe... 5% Smoke Tint;Pioneer DEH 7400MP; 2 Rockerdfos. tweet; one 10" woofer Rockerdfos; (updating now to; Volfenhag ZX-7160 800 Watt 4 Channel Amp, VOLFENHAG ZX-4710 10" Aluminum Cone Woofer-800 Watts)
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

The PA DMV classifies it officially as a wagon, which is fine with me because it makes insurance a lot cheaper. Because of the cavernous usable interior volume, the Vibe is EPA classified as a midsize even though the Corolla is a compact. GM and Toyota are trying to market these vehicles to a younger crowd so they had to make up a catchy new name for it, calling it a station wagon would never work in the youth market. Compact SUV's are typically called "cute-utes" but the Vibe is not a SUV. So they invent the term "CUV" instead of calling it a compact sport utility wagon type thingy. I'm not sure that GM/Toyota came up with the term CUV, but I like calling it a crossover utility vehicle, because that is how I think it is best described. Other manufacturers seem to be catching on to the idea and the name with some of the new vehicles in their lineups and ones planned for the near future. Looks like the Vibe is a rather popular and ground breaking vehicle. Call it whatever you want, I think that it is a great all around vehicle. I have noticed, though, that Pontiac has been leaning toward the SUV image to target customers while Toyota leans to projecting the image of a compact sport wagon, based on info from their respective websites.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
bh357

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (Stang2Vibe)

Post by bh357 »

There are a couple of carwashes which I've been to that insist on classifying my Vibe as a truck/SUV/van. Want me to pay a dollar extra.
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Sport compact.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
slbpsi63

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (DopeVibeGT)

Post by slbpsi63 »

I classify it as the ultimate in necessity and driving enjoyment. This is one of the best cars out right now and it's not winning any awards (Matrix either) It better make Car and Drivers ten best list. I would call it a Sport wagon like the WRX, or Mazda Protoge.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
LawMaker

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (DopeVibeGT)

Post by LawMaker »

When anyone should ask me i call it A MINI SUV (I think it sounds so much better that way) lol
TRICKEDVIBEGT

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (BigWill)

Post by TRICKEDVIBEGT »

Hey BigWill,Check out http://www.KreraRacing.com Go to Events. There are pics of my Vibe Gt, it is at there booth right now at the L.A Auto Show! So Check it out.
Triton

Post by Triton »

How about a pimpin sport wagon? (A little combo)Myself, I refer to it as a sport wagon when I tell people what I drive. The funny thing is most people don't realize how versatile this car is. I feel bad for those who paid the same if not more for a car that they don't enjoy like all of us enjoy our Vibe's.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
Triton

Post by Triton »

Nice pics TRICKEDVIBEGT! I am looking at similar wheels to what you have. What is the make and size of your wheels?
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
TRICKEDVIBEGT

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (8th Planet Vibe GT)

Post by TRICKEDVIBEGT »

Hey,8th Planet Vibe GT.They are 18" inch by Katana Wheels. You can call the number on KreraRacing.com, they can hook you up. That is where I got my rims from.
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Sport wagon, I guess. I like CUV as well (Cross over Utility Vehicle).
Go Wild!!
KSNeptune

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (silverawd26)

Post by KSNeptune »

Maybe it needs it's own classification. Cross over is close, but since it's a small vehicle perhaps we should consider it a Cross-Under Vehicle, still CUV.Or maybe not.KSNeptune
drb22

Post by drb22 »

I like the CUV idea but feel sport wagon fits better - especialy for all you GT owners and supercharger wanters.
Shadow Vibe - two tone (almost no need for the monotone in this color IMHO) - slate interior - power package - moon and tunes - abs - 16" aluminum wheels - and the GD on the radio! http://www.cardomain.com/id/db_vibe
Guy in PHX

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (drb22)

Post by Guy in PHX »

Just received my title last week and I think I agree with the State Of Arizona MVD . . . . . . .4 door hatchback. But the word "tall" needs to be in there, also.
Just Passin' Thru
2003 Vibe/2009 Nissan Cube
DABEAR95

Re: what would you classify the vibe as?????? (Guy in PHX)

Post by DABEAR95 »

I call it a mini-van. That way when I beat someone, they were beat by a mini-van!
2003 Vibe GT Lava w/accent + 17'' wheels2002 VW Golf TDI 43City/52Highway lifetime1995 Camaro Z28 CAI,!TB,Airfoil,Shorty Headers,!CAT,Borla exhaust, 3.73's w/eaton posi. 13.5@105 with 245/50/16 Michelin XGT's = no traction